Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#30657 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
under the bus***
Flames, shut the hell up and do me a favor. Take this next line and stew on it.
"If you know everything, you can be taught nothing." -Unknown.
Okay do what u wanna do I don't even care anymore just do what u wanna do

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#30658 Feb 12, 2013
when i say i 'havnt done it on this site yet' im not sayin i dont give 110% in my writtens, im aying i havnt been put to the brink of my rage and unleashed hell on anyone on this site yet. i came close with srd when we had some beef over a tourney i was in like a year and a half ago against the black frank white. google it, seanny t vs the black frank white topix rap battle im sure u can. there was controversy over a 'racist line' and i still believe, in my defense, that i was in the right. NOT BECAUSE i said somethin racist, but BECAUSE it was a TOPIC tournament and i got trailer trash/hicks for my topic. and what did hicks do in the south back in the day? kill colored people. its a fact. i just had 1 bar on it, cuz it fit the topic. anyway, that beefs dead, but thats the closest iv ever been to dropping somethin hideous. but it takes alot to get me mad. like REALLY MAD, not just erked or meh. im talkin god of war/kratos killin gods of olympus mad haha.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30659 Feb 12, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I'm paying attention, so what your saying is study my drops and writes, find my flaws and strengths, along with everyone else's drops? And everyone lay off SRD he's titled to his own opinion and i respect that, I also respect his knowledge of rap because he definantly knows more than me. I agree I'm not ready to be a vet, but he's helping me at least, if i were y'all id use this advice to as well
R.R.C. that is exactly it, you should be your biggest critic. Study my stuff as well, the studying also leads to asking questions and giving a very knowledgeable vote when it come to voting on others battles. Study Hopsin and those that made it.(Those that are real,'Down to Earth,' and good.) Study those that didn't make it, find out why they didn't make it and learn from it. Learn from those that have made serious drops like 2Pac and Biggie. Dig in and find out why they were good at what they did.

Also, study how to build raps based on syllables, structure, and the many intricate parts of what makes a verse.

Learn what a bar is, what a stanza is. Learn the difference between Cypher, Cipher, and many other intricate part of rap.

I will teach people, I will teach what I know to those that are willing to listen. Just like I have asked others to teach me what I know nothing about. However, I won't teach to someone who knows everything. At that point you can teach them nothing.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30660 Feb 12, 2013
MrFlames wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay do what u wanna do I don't even care anymore just do what u wanna do
READ THIS and STEW ON IT.

"If you know everything, you can be taught nothing." -Unknown.

Since: Dec 12

Staten Island, NY

#30661 Feb 12, 2013
Yea none of you guys mentioned my name in ya post, which is a good thing cause if my name isn't mentioned, I don't need to get involved ^_^

Since: Sep 12

Dongola, IL

#30662 Feb 12, 2013
Here's the link dude..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%...

I understand what u were saying SRD, if it can help me improve I take the advice whether it be good or bad but I also try to shed light on certain topics or veiews..(To open other people eye's to other veiws) thats all I'm doin dude I dont mean any disrespect... For me I can normally find my strengths easily but not so good with my flaws..
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30663 Feb 12, 2013
@Seanny-T

After you dropped that line, it took A LONG time to finally earn my respect. However, since then we are a couple of the tightest rappers on here in terms of understanding I'd say.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30664 Feb 12, 2013
DJ HellNo wrote:
Here's the link dude..
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%...
I understand what u were saying SRD, if it can help me improve I take the advice whether it be good or bad but I also try to shed light on certain topics or veiews..(To open other people eye's to other veiws) thats all I'm doin dude I dont mean any disrespect... For me I can normally find my strengths easily but not so good with my flaws..
I always confuse people and catch them off guard. I'll be talking with them and pushing a view and someone shows me something's not quite right and I'm quick to take it back or explain I wasn't entirely right. It completely disarms the entire conversation.

Dongola, IL

#30665 Feb 12, 2013
I know that studying my previous raps can help me improve.. But I dont worry too much about studying my craft because Im not really looking to make a career out of rapping.. (cuz I dont believe/think that I can ever be that good enough to make it as a rapper..)
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30666 Feb 12, 2013
After reading that article that actually shows something. I actually suffer from the thinking myself to be a complete and utter f***ing idiot. xD I actually understood this from my counselor a little bit ago. However, I still have a hard time believing I am really good at rap.

I over explain everything and try to make sure nothing is missed because I believe myself a completely terrible rapper. My representation comes from lack of my own self-confidence. I am always questioning myself and ask my grandfather even the most ridiculousness questions. Either it be did I put on the right shirt that day, or should I have eaten the ice-cream I was offered.

I know what others know and see what they know. I see people entirely educated in a certain subject and even if I actually know something I will think I am a complete moron. This is why when I tell people I will buckle under those of superiority it is entirely true. Everything I back up is defended through personal experience and knowing inside what it has done. If not through personal experience my ability in myself is doubted by myself immensely.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30667 Feb 12, 2013
By the way, I was eveen going to trash what I wrote against Shini, because I didn't think it was any good.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#30668 Feb 12, 2013
Wow it seems people really are at each other's throats. We went from Fraud Name to legal debates to he says /she says arguments.

On that note, we can do a punchline tourney. Nothing overly complicated.

I want to call it the "Tough Love" punchline tourney. We haven't had a good ol' fashioned punchline tourney in a while.

Round 1= 4 bars

Round 2 = 8 bars

Round 3= 12 bars

Finals= 16 bars

I will host it alone this time. And you can vote if your not in the battle, but still in the tourney.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#30669 Feb 12, 2013

Since: Dec 12

Staten Island, NY

#30670 Feb 12, 2013
Sorry shini I'm not joining, I'm still in the finals for the world tourney so yeah lol
And I'm not good with punch lines either
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30671 Feb 12, 2013
I don't understand what you mean by, "Punch Line," tourney. I also just kind of went with where the conversation did.:D

Dongola, IL

#30672 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
After reading that article that actually shows something. I actually suffer from the thinking myself to be a complete and utter f***ing idiot. xD I actually understood this from my counselor a little bit ago. However, I still have a hard time believing I am really good at rap.
I over explain everything and try to make sure nothing is missed because I believe myself a completely terrible rapper. My representation comes from lack of my own self-confidence. I am always questioning myself and ask my grandfather even the most ridiculousness questions. Either it be did I put on the right shirt that day, or should I have eaten the ice-cream I was offered.
I know what others know and see what they know. I see people entirely educated in a certain subject and even if I actually know something I will think I am a complete moron. This is why when I tell people I will buckle under those of superiority it is entirely true. Everything I back up is defended through personal experience and knowing inside what it has done. If not through personal experience my ability in myself is doubted by myself immensely.
lol, I dont think your a terrible rapper dude..

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#30673 Feb 12, 2013
im kinda th eopposite, i got lots of self confidence. but not alot of ppl believe in me as a rapper. as a artist. like, theres my gf, but thats a given, shes got to lol, and i got a couple of my close friends who support me, then its only the ppl i know online like you guys. no one from my high school actually cares or believes in my abilities to write lyrics or rap. at all. i get constantly ridiculed sometimes at parties with ppl from my high school. it really doesnt affect me anymore, but it really used to. now? fu<k em. fu<k their opinion. i dont need their opinion to be me. i need me to be me. i need me, myself, and i. and then my team, my go to people, my fans, who support meand will always support me. every fan i get, im proud. every d@mn one. and when i lose a fan or when ppl turn their back on me, thats when i cut you out. from that point, if ur not with me, ur against me. im in the mood to brawl lyrically. right now im in the mood, but i got no time. college is bein a huge thing right now, i got so much d@mn work to do so the next 3-4 weeks ill be on here less. got project after project, plus i gotta find a practicum for work experience so i can graduate officially. so yeah, lots of fuel in the tank, but the engine gotta stay idle for awhile :p
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#30674 Feb 12, 2013
Seanny T wrote:
when i say i 'havnt done it on this site yet' im not sayin i dont give 110% in my writtens, im aying i havnt been put to the brink of my rage and unleashed hell on anyone on this site yet. i came close with srd when we had some beef over a tourney i was in like a year and a half ago against the black frank white. google it, seanny t vs the black frank white topix rap battle im sure u can. there was controversy over a 'racist line' and i still believe, in my defense, that i was in the right. NOT BECAUSE i said somethin racist, but BECAUSE it was a TOPIC tournament and i got trailer trash/hicks for my topic. and what did hicks do in the south back in the day? kill colored people. its a fact. i just had 1 bar on it, cuz it fit the topic. anyway, that beefs dead, but thats the closest iv ever been to dropping somethin hideous. but it takes alot to get me mad. like REALLY MAD, not just erked or meh. im talkin god of war/kratos killin gods of olympus mad haha.
I actually think some of the weakest angles in battle rap are things people can't control. However if the angle is worded in such a way that is clever, I am willing to overlook the corniness of it. I think my first drop had something to do with a pink sombrero because I was battling a Hispanic guy. After I posted that rap I thought "man that was a corny angle." The country thing is a bit different because at least your doing some simultaneous roleplaying. Also I can word things and incorporate different languages too. I have that slight edge because I know 3 other languages (no I don't know Arabic, lol).
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#30675 Feb 12, 2013
XI-Phaze-IX wrote:
Sorry shini I'm not joining, I'm still in the finals for the world tourney so yeah lol
And I'm not good with punch lines either
It will commence immediately after.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#30676 Feb 12, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Audio Corner 21 hr IllMortal 18
Phaze vs evolusean 2014 horrorcore final Fri Evolusean 6
Jay Z, Russell Simmons Meet With New York Gover... Dec 19 Just Saying 15
Police Arrest Rapper Bobby Shmurda, 14 Others o... Dec 18 big chimpin 1
Ice buckets, breaking the Internet: A year in p... Dec 18 fgufk 1
Hip hop is shit - youre dumb if you listen to it (May '13) Dec 18 SomeRandomDude 70
New York Post Calls Jay Z "Ex-Crack Dealer" In ... Dec 17 Younohoo 4
More from around the web