Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#30637 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
R.R.C. I am not saying I am the best M.C., I am saying STUDY your craft. You could completely suck as a rapper, but if you know your craft I'll give you massive respect. I didn't call you a biter either, I said you need to study you craft. See, I respect Shini most of all because he spends as much time studying his craft as he does writing.
Shini, that's what I meant. The biting that goes on is frowned upon and turned into a unwritten rule and understanding. It was made through blood, meaning you'd bleed for biting.
In the U.S. you MUST buy a Copy Right, if you don't the new 90's laws won't let you pursue it. They made a money grab.
1 saying shini shows, ignorance is very stupid cuz shini is always here talking helping gives ppl feedback and he gives respect what u doing u saying craft this

2 yes hip hop and rap aren't the same but there's surely not a big difference maybe hiphop has more feeling to it

3 nicki minaj doesn't know her craft but I'm pretty sure she's in a higher position than u

4 u said u dont want Rrc to be a vet or aa cuz they don't know there craft whitch craft u talking about "craft diner ". Craft is just a way of rapping and everyone has there own way

5 aren't h the one who didn't reply for the tourney cuz u got Madagascar and aren't u the one who started calling mulisha a hypocrite for being late to reply then when he finally reply didnt he win right correct me if I'm wrong u even vs chi town still lose sitting here talking about craft and who deserves to be a vet or not

Location hidden

#30638 Feb 12, 2013
2 hip hop and rap are not the same o.o
Illuminati

United States

#30639 Feb 12, 2013
I am the craft !
Some Random Dude

United States

#30640 Feb 12, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed you said you were the best, but in order for me to earn respect from you I have to study my craft! Please explain, I actually don't understand that, so I want to learn from somebody better. Can you respect that.
You don't understand that rap is a craft and you have to study it, to really learn about it?
Some Random Dude

United States

#30641 Feb 12, 2013
MrFlames wrote:
<quoted text>
1 saying shini shows, ignorance is very stupid cuz shini is always here talking helping gives ppl feedback and he gives respect what u doing u saying craft this
2 yes hip hop and rap aren't the same but there's surely not a big difference maybe hiphop has more feeling to it
3 nicki minaj doesn't know her craft but I'm pretty sure she's in a higher position than u
4 u said u dont want Rrc to be a vet or aa cuz they don't know there craft whitch craft u talking about "craft diner ". Craft is just a way of rapping and everyone has there own way
5 aren't h the one who didn't reply for the tourney cuz u got Madagascar and aren't u the one who started calling mulisha a hypocrite for being late to reply then when he finally reply didnt he win right correct me if I'm wrong u even vs chi town still lose sitting here talking about craft and who deserves to be a vet or not
You can be high up on the food chain and know nothing of your craft. You need to learn basic English.

It's obvious just from what you are saying that you HAVE NOT studied your craft. It is also obvious you didn't read what he said in our conversation, which means you didn't study anything before you replied. If you close your mouth and use the brain you got maybe I might earn some respect for you.

Since: Sep 12

Dongola, IL

#30642 Feb 12, 2013
MrFlames wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Exactly dont say someone is ignorant when they give more help an feedback than u do SRD..

4. Who are u SRD to say an or choose who is or can be a vet on this forum - no one thts who cuz its not ur decision to make its the people's choice.. Rapping as a whole is a craft (I agree with u there) but, What perfects rapping as a whole is the persons style of rapping which is there craft.. To break it down for ya to understand better SRD there is no Craft to study the craft is how a person reads, writes, interprets, and uses words (being there style of wordplay, ect...).... there is nothing to study to become a better rapper it takes practice, patience, an the will to get better, and most importantly Respect..
bosco

United States

#30643 Feb 12, 2013
Shini wrote:
<quoted text>
Bosco, this is a good drop. Nice flow man.
Thanks

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#30644 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand that rap is a craft and you have to study it, to really learn about it?
No I understand its an art form not just words which is my point I have my way and I pour my heart ever time I write. Which is why I don't understand you telling me I don't understand it.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#30645 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
R.R.C. I am not saying I am the best M.C., I am saying STUDY your craft. You could completely suck as a rapper, but if you know your craft I'll give you massive respect. I didn't call you a biter either, I said you need to study you craft. See, I respect Shini most of all because he spends as much time studying his craft as he does writing.
Shini, that's what I meant. The biting that goes on is frowned upon and turned into a unwritten rule and understanding. It was made through blood, meaning you'd bleed for biting.
In the U.S. you MUST buy a Copy Right, if you don't the new 90's laws won't let you pursue it. They made a money grab.
If it is on a channel the rights are between you and Youtube, so you can make a claim. If it is in a league you can make 2 claims between the league and Youtube. Now if you do it on a public channel you might have some difficulties depending on the country (if you make it in Asia for example forget it lol). As soon as you upload material as a Youtube partner it is automatically protected via YouTube and their constituents.

Now if you make an album you should produce a copywrite for the album and each track. If that is too expensive you should copyright the song itself. I don't recommend an umbrella copyright for the album and the contents because it is easy to change one little thing and call it "original." Copyrights are very pricey so people often go with patents, but your only offered limited protection. If you put it on a monetized market that have umbrella protection (i.e. Istore, Google Market, Amazon Kindle) that would probably be the most economical route.

You can always grab the patent or copyright later. On music though, it can be wishy washy for a certain percentage of the product can be changed enough to where it is considered an original product. Rap labels often sample sounds or old Musical tracks they hear and make a beat to it and loop it and make a beat out of it. Usually the product has to be good for someone want to take it and make it their own

Location hidden

#30646 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be high up on the food chain and know nothing of your craft. You need to learn basic English.
It's obvious just from what you are saying that you HAVE NOT studied your craft. It is also obvious you didn't read what he said in our conversation, which means you didn't study anything before you replied. If you close your mouth and use the brain you got maybe I might earn some respect for you.
Obviouslyu know nothing saying shini is ignorant how and how can u say u don want Rrc and aa to become a vet if this was a got I don't even think u would be a vet
Some Random Dude

United States

#30647 Feb 12, 2013
DJ HellNo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Exactly dont say someone is ignorant when they give more help an feedback than u do SRD..
4. Who are u SRD to say an or choose who is or can be a vet on this forum - no one thts who cuz its not ur decision to make its the people's choice.. Rapping as a whole is a craft (I agree with u there) but, What perfects rapping as a whole is the persons style of rapping which is there craft.. To break it down for ya to understand better SRD there is no Craft to study the craft is how a person reads, writes, interprets, and uses words (being there style of wordplay, ect...).... there is nothing to study to become a better rapper it takes practice, patience, an the will to get better, and most importantly Respect..
You do not understand what I mean when I say, study your craft. I did not say I am the one entirely to say who's to be Vet or not. It's all about what us as Vets think. Which means it's a good deal my decision, just because you give feedback means you study your craft.

Shini is one of the most educated I know and he studies his craft. That's why he knows his craft. On top of that as well, ignorance isn't stupidity. Stupidity isn't ignorance. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, so close your mouth and learn about what you speak. You sir ARE ignorant, however there is a point it's no longer ignorance, it's stupidity.
Some Random Dude

United States

#30648 Feb 12, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
No I understand its an art form not just words which is my point I have my way and I pour my heart ever time I write. Which is why I don't understand you telling me I don't understand it.
Now pay attention, studying your craft HELPS with your own unique style. It does not make your style something else, don't think any different.

Location hidden

#30649 Feb 12, 2013
Idk he's probably thinkings he's a boss in that fantasy world just cuz he's a vet if vet material is to be negative to everyone and talk bull then he is defentily a vet

But yes rap is a craft and that's how we find our way of rap and that's what makes us original like Rrc said we all have our ways or rapping and really talking shit is not helping anyone saying u need to find ur way of craft how about u help him do that instead of saying bullshit like that

And what right do u have to call anyone ignorant ur ,oat ignorant person here Rrc just cuz a random person didnt put u on top 5 even I don't blame that person

Ur really starting to piss everyone off saying ppl dont know there craft even u do u know ur craft
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30650 Feb 12, 2013
MrFlames wrote:
Idk he's probably thinkings he's a boss in that fantasy world just cuz he's a vet if vet material is to be negative to everyone and talk bull then he is defentily a vet
But yes rap is a craft and that's how we find our way of rap and that's what makes us original like Rrc said we all have our ways or rapping and really talking shit is not helping anyone saying u need to find ur way of craft how about u help him do that instead of saying bullshit like that
And what right do u have to call anyone ignorant ur ,oat ignorant person here Rrc just cuz a random person didnt put u on top 5 even I don't blame that person
Ur really starting to piss everyone off saying ppl dont know there craft even u do u know ur craft
I just realized that your IT, the one in every crowd. Your the one who will throw a innocent man under the boss for a grab at any type of recognition. Here you are trying to do it to me, I am very ignorant in a large percentage of my craft myself. You need to learn I don't say thing to speak DOWN on others. I say things because I HAVE BEEN THERE.

There was a time I WASN'T studying my craft, I wasn't listening to others. I was just crawling around on my own. It took me studying my craft to get to where I am or I'd end up right where you are Flames. Stop trying to bring me down like a back stabbing power grabbing boy you really are.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30651 Feb 12, 2013
under the bus***

Flames, shut the hell up and do me a favor. Take this next line and stew on it.

"If you know everything, you can be taught nothing." -Unknown.

Since: Sep 12

Dongola, IL

#30652 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not understand what I mean when I say, study your craft. I did not say I am the one entirely to say who's to be Vet or not. It's all about what us as Vets think. Which means it's a good deal my decision, just because you give feedback means you study your craft.
Shini is one of the most educated I know and he studies his craft. That's why he knows his craft. On top of that as well, ignorance isn't stupidity. Stupidity isn't ignorance. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, so close your mouth and learn about what you speak. You sir ARE ignorant, however there is a point it's no longer ignorance, it's stupidity.
Individuals with superficial knowledge of a topic or subject may be worse off than people who know absolutely nothing. As Charles Darwin observed, "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." [4]

Read this an learn something that I learned back when I was in 7th grade..(Before u continue throwing ur weight behind the word ignorance.)

Ignorance can stifle learning, in that a person who falsely believes he or she is knowledgeable will not seek out clarification of his or her beliefs, but rather rely on his or her ignorant position. He or she may also reject valid but contrary information, neither realizing its importance nor understanding it. This concept is elucidated in Justin Kruger's and David Dunning's work, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments," otherwise known as the Dunning–Kruger effect.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#30653 Feb 12, 2013
I do not believe myself all knowing and never will. I throw myself behind ONE simple fact. That fact is this, when I don't know I admit it or look it up. Being the fact I cross check I usually am right. However, I also don't throw weight where I know not. I respond to straight logic, I am entirely ignorant to your Dunning-Kruger stuff and I freely admit to it. So now I ask you simply.

Please do me a favor and post a link or a way to read up on this so I may shed off the ignorance and be educated on the subject.

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#30654 Feb 12, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Now pay attention, studying your craft HELPS with your own unique style. It does not make your style something else, don't think any different.
Okay I'm paying attention, so what your saying is study my drops and writes, find my flaws and strengths, along with everyone else's drops? And everyone lay off SRD he's titled to his own opinion and i respect that, I also respect his knowledge of rap because he definantly knows more than me. I agree I'm not ready to be a vet, but he's helping me at least, if i were y'all id use this advice to as well

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#30655 Feb 12, 2013
jesus murphy the drama in here is making my head ache reading it lol. again ima stay out until it gets real nasty, if it ever does lol. which sometimes i hope for, cuz that makes for some good drops. it also makes for some terrible drops if the person is blinded by rage and just starts typing and dont check it over and/or dont spend a ton of thinking on it. iv done that when i first came on, some of my huge long disses only have a few solid bars on them. like that diss to bill cosboetch, i read it now and at least half is trash i shoulda gotten rid of, but i was just real pissed and said fu<k it. rage behind the pen (or keyboard for this website) can be a real give and take. sometimes it works, others it doesnt.

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#30656 Feb 12, 2013
but when the going gets rough, i can make things downright murderous. with my words ill push you to your brink, then push again. iv only ever done a select few writtens where im so mad and my writing is so slick that iv left ppl speechless. ill say anything, bring up anything, to win and humiliate you. im merciless. i havnt done it on this site yet(altho iv come real close) but iv done it in 3 rap battles iv been in where i live, plus some lyrics i have written for a few songs that ill never make cuz the beef with the ppl is gone or long dead (i have shown said lyrics to a select few friends who couldnt believe the sh!t i was saying haha), but d@mn, if i had released em the ppl they were made for would probly have a mental breakdown lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Talked To The Kid On The Cover Of Fall Out B... Jan 25 TheAfroHedgehog 1
9 Guest Rap Verses That Saved Crappy Pop Songs ... Jan 25 TheAfroHedgehog 1
Katy Perry video causes uproar for disrespectin... (Feb '14) Jan 25 TheAfroHedgehog 176
Diss the emcee above you! (Feb '13) Jan 24 DJ HellNo 247
Beyonce, Iggy Azalea Among Finalists for AMA Ar... Jan 24 TheAfroHedgehog 3
Beyonce's Group Mate Confronts Mike Huckabee on... Jan 24 TheAfroHedgehog 1
Jay Z Backs New York Governor Over Police Reform Jan 24 TheAfroHedgehog 1
More from around the web