#26 Apr 5, 2013
Shini wrote:
multis RRC
Flow (forgot this cata)RRC
word play- rapSwipe (he had 1)
name play-(Tie) both were funny. Civil lies nation, Pop you less
v.g. metas-Rapswipe
metas- Rapswipe
punches- RRC (Rapswipe wasn't shabby though)
replay value (aka enjoyment)- Rapswipe
mvgt- I never really thought I'd be saying this, but Rapswipe takes this. I actually think this is the best material I seen RS write. RRC has done well with punchlines, but RS was the better researcher. It added to the overall enjoyement factor.

Against this needs a best of 3 to advance the tourney.

1-O in favor of RapSwipe.
I had two nameplays!!
Pop you less
Pac you lead
Shini

Korea

#27 Apr 5, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I had two nameplays!!
Pop you less
Pac you lead
Sorry. Next time highlight them with either caps or quotations.

Nameplay:RRC
Shini

Korea

#28 Apr 5, 2013
Lyrically, I liked Rapswipes material better. I am not going to change my decision over one category just so everyone knows. No hating, I just thought Rapswipe wrote better material. It isn't about just fulfilling catas. The content must be there, too. Catas displays who was more technical in certain attributes. Don't get me wrong, you need some of these catagories to be enjoyable. I am heavily weighing the metaphores as a deciding factor because everyone is supposed to be using them. Rapswipe did good research and had sick video game metaphores.

If there's any judges that see it the other way around, then please give your input.

We need a best of 3.

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#29 Apr 5, 2013
Shini wrote:
Lyrically, I liked Rapswipes material better. I am not going to change my decision over one category just so everyone knows. No hating, I just thought Rapswipe wrote better material. It isn't about just fulfilling catas. The content must be there, too. Catas displays who was more technical in certain attributes. Don't get me wrong, you need some of these catagories to be enjoyable. I am heavily weighing the metaphores as a deciding factor because everyone is supposed to be using them. Rapswipe did good research and had sick video game metaphores.

If there's any judges that see it the other way around, then please give your input.

We need a best of 3.
Oh I didn't want you to change it but I did want to score the technicality catas that I thought I deserved.
Shini

Korea

#30 Apr 6, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I didn't want you to change it but I did want to score the technicality catas that I thought I deserved.
Oh ok. I sometimes get people like that. My bad.

“No pain No Gain!”

Since: Mar 13

accra(Ghana)

#31 Apr 7, 2013
1-0 we still need some votes,anyway nice battle @RRC

Huntsville

#32 Apr 7, 2013
-rapSwipe- wrote:
1-0 we still need some votes,anyway nice battle @RRC
Yea thanks man you too.

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#33 Apr 7, 2013
iv been doing a 48 hour film festival and we just finished so thats why i havnt been able to be on for that reason, looks like i got some judging to do today/tomorrow lol ill probly just sleep today cuz iv been up for so long

Calgary, Canada

#34 Apr 11, 2013
alright:

multies: RRC
Flow: definitly RRC, i couldnt really find rapswipes
nameplay: just like shini, the civil-lie-nation/pop you less lines matched evenly. tie.
metas: rapswipe
punches: rrc
enjoyment: rrc (i disagree on shini with this, ienjoyed reading rrc's drop more than rapswipes.)
mvgt: RRC. i thought rapswipe brought some good game, but overall i think rrc edged most of the catagories for me.

“always”

Since: Jun 12

Connecticut

#35 Apr 11, 2013
multies: rrc
Flow:rrc
nameplay: tie
metas: rrc
punches: rapswipe
enjoyment: rrc
mvgt: although I really wasn't feeling the games that were chosen ( being that I like action/war games ) I definitely would say that rrc took this one. Sorry rapswipe
Additional comments: could've been put together better ( making you punches an bars eminent ). Much love to both of you though.

Huntsville

#36 Apr 11, 2013
2-1 I took this one, best of luck next time rapswipe.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#37 Apr 11, 2013
Multis- R.R.C.
Flow- R.R.C.
Word Play- R.S.
Name Play- R.R.C.
Video Game Metaphors- R.S.
Metaphors- R.S.
Punches- R.R.C.
Replay Value- R.S.

I'm going to add a final category, since it is tied.

Vocabulary- R.S.

M.V.G.T.- R.S. only because of how versatile it is. He was extremely open with his creativity and I enjoyed it, though I think he can work a LOT harder on formatting.

That makes it 2-2, the votes still up.

Huntsville

#38 Apr 11, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
Multis- R.R.C.
Flow- R.R.C.
Word Play- R.S.
Name Play- R.R.C.
Video Game Metaphors- R.S.
Metaphors- R.S.
Punches- R.R.C.
Replay Value- R.S.

I'm going to add a final category, since it is tied.

Vocabulary- R.S.

M.V.G.T.- R.S. only because of how versatile it is. He was extremely open with his creativity and I enjoyed it, though I think he can work a LOT harder on formatting.

That makes it 2-2, the votes still up.
No disrespect but I said I took it because shini called a best of 3 vote battle.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#39 Apr 11, 2013
Yes, but the last two took a whole voting category out. So, no disrespect to you.

2-2 Votes still up.

Huntsville

#40 Apr 11, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
Yes, but the last two took a whole voting category out. So, no disrespect to you.

2-2 Votes still up.
Alright

“No pain No Gain!”

Since: Mar 13

accra(Ghana)

#41 Apr 11, 2013
thx @SRD,i vote decides who stands and who falls"bom,bom"dramat ic sound.
Goddess

Oshawa, Canada

#42 Apr 12, 2013
Mulities : rrc
Flow : rrc definitely
Wordplay : r.s
Nameplay: rrc
V.g metaphor : rs
Metaphor : rs
Punch line: rrc
Enjoyment : rs

Although I felt rap swipe flow was a lil off, I stilled enjoyed his better not hate rrc had good stuff put there to , but I just enjoyed rap swipes it gave me a better understanding of both of the games and I'm gonna say enjoyment matters alot u can make some dope lyrics but it can be boring as hell but I really enjoyed the rap raps wipe it had good lyrics gave me a better understanding and rrc also had good lyrics there o just didn't enjoy them as much so

Mvgt: rapswipe

Calgary, Canada

#43 Apr 12, 2013
vote still 2-2 cuz i dont know this goddess person, nor do i know if they are judging from bias or not, blah blah. they are new to me, and i dont count new ppl's votes really. i trust ppl like shini, srd, AA, etc. votes but sorry goddess i just dont know ya!
Shini

Las Vegas, NV

#44 Apr 12, 2013
Goddess wrote:
Mulities : rrc
Flow : rrc definitely
Wordplay : r.s
Nameplay: rrc
V.g metaphor : rs
Metaphor : rs
Punch line: rrc
Enjoyment : rs
Although I felt rap swipe flow was a lil off, I stilled enjoyed his better not hate rrc had good stuff put there to , but I just enjoyed rap swipes it gave me a better understanding of both of the games and I'm gonna say enjoyment matters alot u can make some dope lyrics but it can be boring as hell but I really enjoyed the rap raps wipe it had good lyrics gave me a better understanding and rrc also had good lyrics there o just didn't enjoy them as much so
Mvgt: rapswipe
You should give valid reasons for the categories.
Some Random Dude

United States

#45 Apr 12, 2013
My battle still hasn't been voted on, also, I believe a reason behind each category works. The reasoning just being we will get a sense that she understand rap and the way it works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kodak Black Found Guilty 6 hr Big Johnson 1
News From reissues to reunions: What Prince fans can... Apr 24 @Real Kelly 3
Hip hop is shit - youre dumb if you listen to it (May '13) Apr 22 Sykirian 93
News Gang-like graffiti is being sprayed all over Mi... (May '07) Apr 22 Boo Thang Blood L... 35
News Film of the Week: Many smiles to the gallon in ... Apr 21 ERIC 34
News Gangs use graffiti as a warning (Mar '08) Apr 21 Frank Rizzo 146
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) Apr 17 Slasher 38,726
More from around the web