“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#169 Oct 4, 2007
xdfa wrote:
True thrash is....
dark angel
exodus
GWAR
korzus
kreator
metallica
nuclear assault
possessed
sadus
sarcofago
bathory
sepultura
slayer
overkill
testament
vio-lence
whiplash
vulcano
megadeth
and also grindcore death metal groove metal black metal are pretty cool to
excellent choices!!!!
ultra kiss

Bulgaria

#170 Oct 5, 2007
M E T A L L I C A !!!

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#171 Oct 5, 2007
ultra kiss wrote:
M E T A L L I C A !!!
what about em?

Since: Aug 07

Chesterfield, MO

#172 Oct 8, 2007
what about mayhem?
Trivium is a good new thrash band...they sound some what to metallica in some of their songs..they did alot of covers of metallica..Metallica was good in their day..Slayer still holds it true though too making good music..kerry king
KINGNIGGERDICK

Lynnwood, WA

#173 Oct 9, 2007
You losers are claiming the ONLY Thrash bands you guys know from the 80's!!! How about Sepultura? DARK ANGEL??? Testament? Or maybe Sodom?

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#174 Oct 10, 2007
KINGNIGGERDICK wrote:
You losers are claiming the ONLY Thrash bands you guys know from the 80's!!! How about Sepultura? DARK ANGEL??? Testament? Or maybe Sodom?
you just named All 80's thrash Bands, so what is your point??? It would take up a lot of space to name every single band as they are thousands

Since: Aug 07

Chesterfield, MO

#175 Oct 11, 2007
Sean Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
you just named All 80's thrash Bands, so what is your point??? It would take up a lot of space to name every single band as they are thousands
couldnt have put it any better than that..and slayer metallica and megadeth owned them all...why take time to name the ones that didnt own?
TheElement

United States

#176 Oct 24, 2007
Metallica.
wolfgang

Doylestown, PA

#177 Oct 30, 2007
slayer is the shit and megadeth is 2nd metallica is slowly dieing away tho i still listen 2 them once in awhile but not there new stuf.
Thrasher

Denmark

#179 Nov 15, 2007
1. Kreator
2. Slayer
3. Testament
4. Exodus
5. Sepultura/Municipal Waste/Fueled By Fire/alot of other shit

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#180 Nov 15, 2007
Thrasher wrote:
1. Kreator
2. Slayer
3. Testament
4. Exodus
5. Sepultura/Municipal Waste/Fueled By Fire/alot of other shit
I have to say that the album "Extreme Aggression" is one of the best Heavy Metal albums of all-time right up there with "Reign in Blood" ; Slayer is still my fav but Kreator rules too!!!!!!!! great list dude...

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#181 Nov 15, 2007
wolfgang wrote:
slayer is the shit and megadeth is 2nd metallica is slowly dieing away tho i still listen 2 them once in awhile but not there new stuf.
SLAYER will always be the shit.
THRASHERKID

Vernon, Canada

#182 Nov 19, 2007
I'll tell you who the greatist metal band"S are and that could only be the top 4
METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, EXODUS!!!!!
(i dident list Anthrax though they were one of the top 4 because frankly they suck hate thier music so much)
pockwar

Istanbul, Turkey

#183 Nov 20, 2007
SLAYER!
warner

Sydney, Australia

#184 Nov 20, 2007
My top 3

1. Slayer(shit all over the others with their pure aggression)
2. Megadeth(mustaine definately had something to prove after he was booted out of metallica and he definetly proved in throughout the 80s with megadeth
3. Metallica(had an awsum sound with their solos but in my mind the others do it better.)
Metal Mastah

West Palm Beach, FL

#185 Nov 26, 2007
The greatest thrash band of the 80's is Cliff Burton, and no one can step to his ass. If you can find anyone who can leave him in the dust let me know so I can illegally download their discography and not care about going to court. Too bad thrash left Metallica, was buried with Cliff, and replaced by money and crappy covers. Metallica lost its pulse when Mustaine played better and was "kicked out", but Cliff fueled the fire until he died. Mustaine carried it on with consistency in Megadeth, and Slayer is in a class of its own, bearing the title "Best band to spawn in the 80's".

“My mind is my god.”

Since: Sep 07

Chicago

#186 Nov 28, 2007
Metallica all the way.

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#187 Nov 28, 2007
Metal Mastah wrote:
The greatest thrash band of the 80's is Cliff Burton, and no one can step to his ass. If you can find anyone who can leave him in the dust let me know so I can illegally download their discography and not care about going to court. Too bad thrash left Metallica, was buried with Cliff, and replaced by money and crappy covers. Metallica lost its pulse when Mustaine played better and was "kicked out", but Cliff fueled the fire until he died. Mustaine carried it on with consistency in Megadeth, and Slayer is in a class of its own, bearing the title "Best band to spawn in the 80's".
Cliff em all!!!!!!!

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#188 Nov 30, 2007
System of a Jake wrote:
Metallica all the way.
Slayer
Metallica
Iron Maiden

Everybody else
Tranylvanian

Santiago, Chile

#189 Mar 26, 2008
KREATOR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heavy-Metal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What is the best Manowar song? (Dec '07) May 20 teronor 40
News Women who rock May 19 Anonomously 1
News Iron Maiden singer has tongue cancer, band says Feb '15 bozo braithwaite 1
News Roseville Railyard Poses Cancer Risk, But It's ... (Nov '07) Feb '15 Alfie 13
News Three-CD Version of Judas Priest's 1984 Album "... Dec '14 paps 3
News Judas Priest opening tour in Rochester (Oct '14) Oct '14 Big Fan 11
News Mainland helps monitor Hawaii quakes, eruptions... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anonymous 2
More from around the web