Alot of black people in Canada Hate H...

Alot of black people in Canada Hate Heavy metal

Posted in the Heavy-Metal Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Teddy

Montréal, Canada

#1 Feb 13, 2007
Im not saying most of them are like that but alot are I went to school in Richmond Hill & I had a group of friends they like rap black & white & if you tell them that you like Heavy metal they wiil say that your stupid that is racist because alot of metal artist are white & alot of whites listen to it not only some of my other friend on the street said they hate it to.

“NASCAR, HEAVY METAL, CATS ”

Since: Dec 06

JACKSON, MO

#2 Feb 13, 2007
Teddy wrote:
Im not saying most of them are like that but alot are I went to school in Richmond Hill & I had a group of friends they like rap black & white & if you tell them that you like Heavy metal they wiil say that your stupid that is racist because alot of metal artist are white & alot of whites listen to it not only some of my other friend on the street said they hate it to.
THERE ALL KINDS OF PREJUDICES, EVEN MUSIC! I WILL NOT PUT DOWN ANYBODY ELSES'S BELIEFS, WHAT YOU LISTEN TO, SO FORTH, BECAUSE PEOPLE ALWAYS DID IT TO ME AND I KNOW HOW IT FEELS! I'VE LISTEN TO THIS TYPE OF MUSIC ALL MY LIFE. I WAS ASKED IF I WAS A SATANIST, I DIDN'T DRESS GOTH, PEOPLE THOUGHT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME BECAUSE I LIKED HEAVY METAL, DEATH METAL, GRUNGE, YOU NAME IT I LIKED IT! I HAVE NEVER DONE A DRUG IN MY LIFE, DIDN'T DRINK UNTIL I WAS 21! THATS JUST THE WAY SOME PEOPLE ARE! I'M NOT FOND OF RAP, OR COUNTRY MUSIC, MY SISTER LOVES ITS, SEEMS ITS ALWAYS THE SAME OLD STUFF. THE MUSIC I LIKED WAS ALWAYS DIFFERENT! JUST STICK TO WHAT YOU LIKE AND THEY WILL KNOW YOUR SERIOUS!!!

JACKSON, MO

#3 Feb 13, 2007
Teddy wrote:
DID YOU KNOW THAT WILL SMITH THE RAPPER, HIS WIFE JADA PINKETT SMITH IS THE LEAD SINGER OF THE METAL BAND WICKED WISDOM, SHES NOT TO BAD! SHE WAS ON OZZFEST TOUR I THINK SHES ON THE VIDEO I GOT OF OZZFEST!
Teddy

Canada

#4 Feb 15, 2007
Black Canadians should be happy for whites that they made metal music. You know what they want white people to listen to there music instead of Heavy metal but its not like they are the boss of white people & they wish Metal would die.

“Metalhead”

Since: Feb 07

Hopkins, MN

#6 Feb 28, 2007
Yeah I heard Jada's band...wasn't too impressed but thought it was shocking that she would even dwell into this music.
Light man

Bancroft, Canada

#7 Mar 21, 2007
Heavy metal has been played on video games,cartoons & on movies.Plus it has a large crowd at Ozzfest so Metal artist dont have to take crap from African Canadians & some White Canadians.

“Heavy metal,Pets,Video Games”

Since: Jan 07

B-Bassin

#8 Mar 21, 2007
It's their right to hate heavy metal..everyone one got his style and you should respect it..I'm sure that in a rap forum you will see post like this "A lot of white people in Canada hate rap"..
tcd8189

Wilson, WY

#9 Mar 29, 2007
i think black people should just shut up,i hate rap,that doesn't mean im gonna go around telling all black people their gay for listening to rap.why r they in canada anyways?i swear,blacks and emos r taking over the world!!!AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!

JACKSON, MO

#10 Mar 31, 2007
Candyman wrote:
It's their right to hate heavy metal..everyone one got his style and you should respect it..I'm sure that in a rap forum you will see post like this "A lot of white people in Canada hate rap"..
your absolutely right!
jamal

Edmonton, Canada

#11 Apr 12, 2007
tcd8189...people like you are the reason the world is the hell hole it is today...go back to the 1800's with that racist bs.
and yea..its natural for black people to like hip-hop and not heavy metal..its their culture.

“Metalhead”

Since: Feb 07

Hopkins, MN

#12 Apr 13, 2007
Yeah dude you sound like an idiot. I'm not a fan of Rap/Hip Hop but I don't care if other people like it. Sounds like the music isn't the issue with you anyways, it sounds like your a little ignorant. You know how many fucked up white people there are??? Every race has their idiots. The only thing I've noticed with the Black culture and this doesn't go for everyone but I've noticed in a lot of black people that they are really only into their own culture...They don't dwell too much outside of what they know and are comfortable with like music, I've noticed they only listen to R&B, Rap/Hip Hop and some Gospel, and they know nothing of rock, country, metal, classical, ect... or even with food they pretty much eat only what is assosiated with their culture and know nothing of Tai, Japanease, German, Latin, ect... I don't hate them for that but I think its important for everyone to expose yourself outside your own culture, it broadens your horizon, and gives you a better understanding of other cultures, plus its interesting.

Again this doesn't go for all Black people, just many that I've come in contact with.
defeater_of_the_ stupids

Kingston, Jamaica

#13 Apr 21, 2007
tcd8189 wrote:
i think black people should just shut up,i hate rap,that doesn't mean im gonna go around telling all black people their gay for listening to rap.why r they in canada anyways?i swear,blacks and emos r taking over the world!!!AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!
Not all blacks hate metal, and not all blacks listen to rap. Shocking!!! I know...
Why are YOU in Canada punk?
And if we are taking over, it's about time ^_^ and we're bringing the emos too...

“All midnight eyes read vacancy”

Since: Apr 07

borderville

#16 May 5, 2007
Politely and rationally expressed iron priest!
I agree. Some cultures are socialy influenced into sticking to certain familiarities more so than others.
But I believe and hope that we will see a turn in that!
BodomLake

Bracebridge, Canada

#18 May 6, 2007
if rap is music, then please hum me at least one rap song. What pissess me off is these retarded rappers think what they make is really music. They have no fucking idea what is music, they probably don't even know if there is a difference between D# and Eb, they think its some characters from their cellphones. Metal is about quality, it's about virtuosity. The stupid rappers think that it;s easier to compose a solo on a guitar or a keyboard than to mumble their unintelligible profane shit to the stupid beats and that what's pissess me off - this ignorance and arrogance!

borderville

#19 May 7, 2007
BodomLake wrote:
if rap is music, then please hum me at least one rap song. What pissess me off is these retarded rappers think what they make is really music. They have no fucking idea what is music, they probably don't even know if there is a difference between D# and Eb, they think its some characters from their cellphones. Metal is about quality, it's about virtuosity. The stupid rappers think that it;s easier to compose a solo on a guitar or a keyboard than to mumble their unintelligible profane shit to the stupid beats and that what's pissess me off - this ignorance and arrogance!
Right on.
It's all about alter ego. And instead of artistic integrity being determined by talent...it's more of a mindless ego war!
smedheat

Houston, TX

#20 May 10, 2007
I'm black and I like 80's metal.

borderville

#21 May 11, 2007
Awesome. Join the ranks. I'm spanish and could care less about "reggaeton".
dongabbido

Satellite Provider

#22 May 12, 2007
i troway salute to all commandos all men of the maphite organization on the fires day may 11th
666Death

Laurens, SC

#23 May 25, 2007
African American music (hip-hop and rhythm and blues) is not about musical composition it's about rhythm and dance just like the continent of Africa. Rap was originally about the struggle of being in the ghetto, and black consciousness. Then when the gangster era took over it beoame more derogatory,etc. I am African American and female. I understand that blacks went from slave hymns to rap. Now do I like it, hell no. What do I prefer? Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Children of Bodom, and Arch Enemy. Know why? Spiritually Death and Black metal speaks to me. Nothing can compete with metal music to me. Shagrath would crush Snoop Dogg, but that's my opinion.
LightMan

London, Canada

#24 May 29, 2007
My Cousin is African American & he likes Heavy metal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heavy-Metal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson Reprimands Drug-S... (Jun '08) Aug 3 bonjovi21 27
News Iron Maiden singer has tongue cancer, band says (Feb '15) Mar '17 yidfellas v USA 3
News Which metal band should the Rock & Roll Hall of... (Feb '17) Feb '17 chris50 1
Poll What is the best Manowar song? (Dec '07) Feb '17 desolator 41
News Metallica's Kirk Hammett: 'Maybe It's Time to T... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Obamunist 1
News Lemmy Celebrates 70th With Rock Star Pals In Lo... (Sep '16) Sep '16 T bobe 1
News Throw the book at him! Fugitive murderer found ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web