MUSIC REVIEW: Metal behemoth Iron Maiden rocks San Manuel Amphithea...

Full story: San Bernardino County Sun

It had been 22 years since I last saw heavy metal behemoth Iron Maiden perform. Throughout the 1980s, I never missed a chance to don my parachute pants, mocassin boots and zebra-striped bandanas and catch Maiden whenever the pack of London metal gods graced California with their performances.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
newsjunkie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

I see The Sun has enough staff to cover a heavy metal concert but there are never any reviews of the San Bernardino Symphony or any of the productions at the California Theater or
other cultural events in the city that have a wider appeal than a bunch of drug-infested headbangers.
Whatever U Say

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

newsjunkie wrote:
I see The Sun has enough staff to cover a heavy metal concert but there are never any reviews of the San Bernardino Symphony or any of the productions at the California Theater or
other cultural events in the city that have a wider appeal than a bunch of drug-infested headbangers.
I love people who make wide generalizations about other people. Just sad.
yuran8r

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

It's simple math NJ: The symphony draws say two to three hundred people.
Iron Maiden draws about thirty thousand.
Bob Warren

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Great show, lame crowd who wanted to see more classics.

Congrats to Maiden for mixing it up and still making creative interesting NEW material to go along with the old warhoses.

Want the warhorses ? Pick up one the umpteen live albums and DVDs

San manuel is possibly the worst run, worst facilitized and organized venues in Southern California. It’s rare that I venture in there.
Bob Warren

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

To NJ - Would you like to have lunch in Irvine, Bistango's maybe and you can see for yourself how bigoted and narrow minded your impression of Iron Maiden fans are ? I'd rather be with 30,000 passionate open minded heavy metal fans than 200 "educated" "sophisticad" narrow minded Symphonjy lovers like yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Heavy-Metal Discussions

Search the Heavy-Metal Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lucy Hale: Not many people know who I am Thu Ranger Ron 1
Singer drops 60 pounds and boyfriend Mar 25 Joe PASScode 1
Black People Hating HEAVY METAL (Jan '10) Mar 24 Leviticus 16
The ten metaliest metal bands Mar 24 Leviticus 3
The 411 Music Top 5 3.19.14: Top 5 Albums that ... Mar 24 Leviticus 2
Alot of black people in Canada Hate Heavy metal (Feb '07) Feb '14 therethatis 111
Motorhead Jan '14 RangerRon 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••