Top 3 Classic Hard Rock Albums

Top 3 Classic Hard Rock Albums

Posted in the Hard-Rock Forum

Vokes

Cheswick, PA

#1 Jul 24, 2013
Just a bit curious, but what are your top three classic hard rock albums and why?

My first and favorite would probably be Grand Funk by Grand Funk Railroad.(Some of you may know it as the "red album".) Nearly every song is great and for a three-piece band, their sound crushed others during '69. Who doesn't like an album with the guitar and bass amped up to the extreme?

My second would be In Rock by Deep Purple. Man was that an ablum. To those of you who prefer Machine Head over In Rock, I respect your opinion but will never understand why that is so.

My third would probably be Sabbath's iconic self-titled album. Anyone remember A Bit of Finger/Sleeping Village? Now that is a true hard rock song, especially during the early 70s!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hard-Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TRR 2011: Downtown Savannah to Host Kansas, Sur... (Apr '11) May 23 Pepe 10
News Ozzy Osbourne Summer Tour With Zakk Wilde, Blas... May 18 Deeznutz 1
Among The First - Pariah (Good or Bad) Apr '17 Anonymous 1
News Which metal band should the Rock & Roll Hall of... Feb '17 chris50 1
News Ohio Man Blames Ozzy Osbourne For Traffic Arrest (Dec '10) Jan '17 Raining Pharts 13
News Masters of UNREALITY (Nov '16) Nov '16 Eleese Gengerech 1
Tell Me: lyrics by Mick Jagger and Keith Richar... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Bruce 1
More from around the web