Sharon defends Sotto vs plagiarism ac...

Sharon defends Sotto vs plagiarism accusations

There are 16 comments on the ABS-CBN News story from Sep 17, 2012, titled Sharon defends Sotto vs plagiarism accusations. In it, ABS-CBN News reports that:

MANILA, Philippines Megastar Sharon Cuneta came to the defense of her uncle, Senator Vicente "Tito" Sotto III, who has been accused of plagiarism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABS-CBN News.

Tony norona jr

Ottawa, Canada

#1 Sep 17, 2012
It is considered plagiarism if the words of sentence is written on a book that has been published or a copyright. An intelligent person with huge knowledge and huge vocabulary of the English language or any language for that matter can weave words that do not intend to copy anyone's sentence or words. Put yourself in a writer's state of mind homing and feeling of theme he/she wants to express. As a apeaker in a forum with astute understanding of the English language can or may have form words together that resembles someone's else's, will that be plagiarisms. It will be plagiarism if it word for word but in a different context, I think it is not plagiarism. As I write this comment and it may have been said or written already as it is. If it happens it has b, do not expect me to aplogize for "come hell or high water, till your face turn blue" I will not apologize, If Sentor Sotto or his staff wrote it unwittingly wrot the same phrases or sword, he should not apologize. I am with you Senator Sotto.
crystal

Burnaby, Canada

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Dapat Pilipino na ang gagamitien wikang salita para hindi na kayo mapag-bintangan . Kaesh pag-ang tagalog ay i-translate mo rin ay iisa lang ang meaning sa English. Tingana mo ang mga Chinese, mga Hapon, Korean. Kahit sa speech nila ay wikang salita nila. Mga Pinoy, okay lang ang Englis basta sa business, Pero sa mga debate o sa sariling Idea huwag kayong mag-English, at saka, mas maiintindihan nang mga Pilipino ang sariling wika natin. Hindi niyo ba alam na ang mga kabataan o mga bata na nag-aaral ay hindi masyado naka pag-perform na sa school, dahil ang turo agad aysalitang English sa School> Eh paano sila makaintindi eh yong mga magulang nila ay walang pinag-aralan. Dapat ang salitang wika natin ang gagamiten para maganda anf performance or result sa pag-aaral sa mga bata. Katulad ko, nahihirapan akong makaintindi dahil hindi ko alalm ang salitang Pilipino kaseh iba ang salita namin. Mahirap. Kaseh ang English pag i-translate mo ay iisa lang ang ibig sabihin. So, I think panahon na tayong mga Pilipino ay gamiten natin ang wikang salita. Salamat po, huwag namn niyo akong masamain at alam ko baloktoto ang tagalog ko pero ang mga pinoy ay makaintindi. Eh, kung English ang giagamit o, minumura na ako ang husto nang banyaga o baka mapagbintangan naman akong nagnakaw nang salitang idea. he. he, he. Tawa lang mga Pinoy! Huwag niyo namang insultuhin ang mga Pinoy kung hindi masyadong mag-Englis. Salamt Po!
excartpuller

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Sep 17, 2012
While some are trying to save the poor from extreme hardship and misery some are trying to screw the process just because some of the bishops wants it that way, that is the real issue.
Clara Luna

Philippines

#4 Sep 17, 2012
IT IS NOT THE BISHOPS IDEA TO GO Against the RH Bill, he is only delegated to tell the Catholic world the fact that The RH Bill goes against the commandment of God. Therefore it is the person who is a true Catholic to follow what the commandment says. Just answer the question,...Are you for Christ or are you against Christ ? Ask yourself the same question. Then be apart from the Catholic and do what you please,... you have your Free Will don't you ? You do not even need to pray nor go to church nor ask for his help when you are incurably ill. He will not hear you !
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Tony norona jr wrote:
It is considered plagiarism if the words of sentence is written on a book that has been published or a copyright. An intelligent person with huge knowledge and huge vocabulary of the English language or any language for that matter can weave words that do not intend to copy anyone's sentence or words. Put yourself in a writer's state of mind homing and feeling of theme he/she wants to express. As a apeaker in a forum with astute understanding of the English language can or may have form words together that resembles someone's else's, will that be plagiarisms. It will be plagiarism if it word for word but in a different context, I think it is not plagiarism. As I write this comment and it may have been said or written already as it is. If it happens it has b, do not expect me to aplogize for "come hell or high water, till your face turn blue" I will not apologize, If Sentor Sotto or his staff wrote it unwittingly wrot the same phrases or sword, he should not apologize. I am with you Senator Sotto.
long on words of denial and bullshite.

if sottos feelings about the subject are so strong and he is so impassioned about it then why cant he even manage to speak about it in his own words? is he speechless and needs to scour the internet for just the right words to convey his feelings? hahahahahha

why? because it is filipino tradition to steal whatever is available to them to make themselves look great and wonderful in the eyes of themselves and their lowly misguided brethren.

years of this theft and only now finally someone speaks out and cries foul and in rush flips to defend the perpetrator in true filipino style.

your leaders are unprincipled, uneducated and over rated. its why you are laughed at so much.

excartpuller

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Clara Luna wrote:
IT IS NOT THE BISHOPS IDEA TO GO Against the RH Bill, he is only delegated to tell the Catholic world the fact that The RH Bill goes against the commandment of God. Therefore it is the person who is a true Catholic to follow what the commandment says. Just answer the question,...Are you for Christ or are you against Christ ? Ask yourself the same question. Then be apart from the Catholic and do what you please,... you have your Free Will don't you ? You do not even need to pray nor go to church nor ask for his help when you are incurably ill. He will not hear you !
You got irreversible damge on your way of thinking. That's been your biggest problem you believe what other men women tell you without you seeing any proof.
Jose Rizal

Philippines

#7 Sep 17, 2012
Tony norona jr wrote:
I did not realise that some people are acting so foolishly and so narrow mindedly as these bunch of people who are supposedly intelligent, are bent on disgracing Sen Sotto. H
Jose Rizal

Philippines

#8 Sep 17, 2012
excartpuller wrote:
<quoted text> You got irreversible damge on your way of thinking. That's been your biggest problem you believe what other men women tell you without you seeing any proof.
Yep, and you also think that I will believe what you or anybody else will say,....well you are wrong. I only listen to my own Church, not yours. Buzz off will ya !
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#9 Sep 17, 2012
Jose Rizal wrote:
<quoted text> I did not realise that some people are acting so foolishly and so narrow mindedly as these bunch of people who are supposedly intelligent, are bent on disgracing Sen Sotto. H
hey joey, it seems your idol sotto has done a great job of disgracing himself dont you think?

in the real world this is how other people are treated and dealt with.
now that sotto got his azz kicked bloggers all over will be monitoring your politicians which is exactly what these bunch of corrupt frauds need.
Jose Rizal

Philippines

#10 Sep 18, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
hey joey, it seems your idol sotto has done a great job of disgracing himself dont you think?
in the real world this is how other people are treated and dealt with.
now that sotto got his azz kicked bloggers all over will be monitoring your politicians which is exactly what these bunch of corrupt frauds need.
OMG why is this topic holding up the normal traffic of normal people ? Intelligent people, my eye", stupid people in my neck of the woods. lol
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#11 Sep 18, 2012
Jose Rizal wrote:
<quoted text>OMG why is this topic holding up the normal traffic of normal people ? Intelligent people, my eye", stupid people in my neck of the woods. lol
so you are one of sottos "NOT SO ELOQUENT" speakers?

sotto cant write his own speeches. sottos speech writers cant write sottos speeches.

and joey rizal cant manage to defend any of them.

yes. some very stupid people in YOUR neck of the woods joey.
Tony norona jr

Ottawa, Canada

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Clara Luna wrote:
Enough of this fanaticism, people must realistic about life. All you have to do is look around you. Walk where those people living in shanty towns and count their kids. The government has to do something to stop the growing population that is multiplying like rabbits. Rabbits don't starve but people do. Don't quote me "Are you for Christ or are you against Christ?" That is the same questions during the inquisition where they torture you and burned at the stake. Only the close minded Catholic can see what the CBCP are trying to do. These Bishops are living affluently in their big mansions while the poor live in squallor and poverty. Now ask yourself are you for Christ or against Christ?
Sherlock Holmes

Philippines

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Tony norona jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of this fanaticism, people must realistic about life. All you have to do is look around you. Walk where those people living in shanty towns and count their kids. The government has to do something to stop the growing population that is multiplying like rabbits. Rabbits don't starve but people do. Don't quote me "Are you for Christ or are you against Christ?" That is the same questions during the inquisition where they torture you and burned at the stake. Only the close minded Catholic can see what the CBCP are trying to do. These Bishops are living affluently in their big mansions while the poor live in squallor and poverty. Now ask yourself are you for Christ or against Christ?
Tony, Tony Tony", I always said I don't wish to argue with a child or a Fool. The moment is now and you are free to believe or not believe. Religion is not the same as gambling where winning is by chance only. I choose to win and I will not lose on a sure thing. You base your knowledge on books and man,.. I don't....mine is wisdom gained by experience, unlike you who are carried away by the pleasures of this world. I believe in God and Eternity, while you believe in NOTHINGNESS, you poor soul. I can't help you there Tony" sorry.
Sherlock Holmes

Philippines

#14 Sep 18, 2012
JUST THIS AFTERNOON, MY SON CALLED ME FROM BAGUIO TO TELL tell me about a man sitted next to him in an Internet Parlor. The man opened the door to the place himself,...he was the owner. Suddenly,(I repeat) the man started shaking all over and sat stiff and gasping for breath then just slump over, DEAD ". The poor guy did not even have time to say a single word or a prayer. He was gone in seconds. Talk like yours are simply a product of the mind to show anger in defense of an idea. But when you start ridiculing Bishops, you are only showing off your stupidity in matters you know nothing about. You can be like the man in the story, no time to be sorry .....just gone like the wind to a place who knows where....?/////
Jose Rizal

Philippines

#15 Sep 19, 2012
Tony norona jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tony, I am a Tony also, but a Tony who believes in God. I am sorry for lambasting you concerning Bishops, but I find it necessary sometime to wake up people who become unreasonable and mean. Calm down !
excartpuller

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 19, 2012
Jose Rizal wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Tony, I am a Tony also, but a Tony who believes in God. I am sorry for lambasting you concerning Bishops, but I find it necessary sometime to wake up people who become unreasonable and mean. Calm down !
you have a stupid atittude country and stupid religions don't mix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hard-Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Oak Arkansas (Aug '08) Jul '17 Arminda 16
News TRR 2011: Downtown Savannah to Host Kansas, Sur... (Apr '11) May '17 Pepe 10
News Ozzy Osbourne Summer Tour With Zakk Wilde, Blas... May '17 Deeznutz 1
Among The First - Pariah (Good or Bad) Apr '17 Anonymous 1
News Which metal band should the Rock & Roll Hall of... (Feb '17) Feb '17 chris50 1
News Ohio Man Blames Ozzy Osbourne For Traffic Arrest (Dec '10) Jan '17 Raining Pharts 13
News Masters of UNREALITY (Nov '16) Nov '16 Eleese Gengerech 1
More from around the web