This forum...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Moth

Kirkland, WA

#21 Mar 5, 2010
Deadly_Disease wrote:
Idk...if it was an "investigation" done by Peta, I know those guys are full of it. I can't believe Peta anymore. They're crap.
To what I said at the beginning of this thread...I still think this group is DEAD as can be!
Take it from a guy that's seen the federal factory farms out west. Its true. I'm not an animal rights activist, and I think that there are worse things going on that need to be focused on before the chickens, but its very disgusting. I actually am about one step above being a vegetarian now. Not because I hate meat, but because I honestly don't know whats going into my food. Out there the horizons completely black with angus beef...ahem...excuse me, cattle. standing in their own, no room to graze, nothing. Pumped so full of hormones they're legs can barely hold them up. Sure its cruel, but more than anything it makes me wonder what I'm actually eating. hundreds of cows go into one hamburger patty because they grind them all up. One cow has ecoli, the entire stock is contaminated. we're talking thousands of pounds of beef. But the corporations don't care. Wallie-world could care less that they're selling us irradiated Franken-food. All they care about is making money. Even if as a result of the piss-poor food that they're serving us, our immune systems weaken and collapse, cancer, Ecoli, poisoning from all the chemicals and hormones, birth defects, females becoming more masculine as a result of the growth hormones (IE Testosterone and the like) or vice versa for the men drinking milk that contains a ridiculous amount of estrogen (to keep the cattle giving milk even without giving birth). Who knows we could have a similar instance as the UK did with the hoof-and-mouth disease that ended up wiping out almost all the beef in the UK because of the poor conditions that they were kept in.
Just some food for thought.

“The cure is the disease....”

Since: Nov 09

Who knows who cares

#22 Mar 10, 2010
Its not Peta all in all, just some of the things they do are just so lame and stupid. This is one of their older "projects" but they went against Benetton. Saying that they were unbelievably cruel to the sheep before shearing them for their wool. And they also said sometimes that they would sheer these animals to the point they bleed. Granted that happens when you sheer anything, its as unavoidable as nicking yourself during shaving. But there are more worthwhile causes out there. Like maybe veal? Don't mean to bring south park into this, but they did have a half decent point about it in one of their episodes. How its wrong to take a calf from its mother and don't allow it exercise and use it for a super high priced meal. But I'm probably not making much sense now. I'm sleepy.

“The cure is the disease....”

Since: Nov 09

Who knows who cares

#23 Mar 10, 2010
Moth, I completely agree. I can't eat another burger for many reasons, but when I started having my little realization about eating burgers and the like, pretty much everything you said is all that went through my head during that time. Its saddening and disgusting to think about what happens to cows and the like before they're slaughtered. I tried things like boca burgers and such recently, and its a much better, more humane alternative.

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#24 Mar 11, 2010
Moth wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it from a guy that's seen the federal factory farms out west. Its true. I'm not an animal rights activist, and I think that there are worse things going on that need to be focused on before the chickens, but its very disgusting. I actually am about one step above being a vegetarian now. Not because I hate meat, but because I honestly don't know whats going into my food. Out there the horizons completely black with angus beef...ahem...excuse me, cattle. standing in their own, no room to graze, nothing. Pumped so full of hormones they're legs can barely hold them up. Sure its cruel, but more than anything it makes me wonder what I'm actually eating. hundreds of cows go into one hamburger patty because they grind them all up. One cow has ecoli, the entire stock is contaminated. we're talking thousands of pounds of beef. But the corporations don't care. Wallie-world could care less that they're selling us irradiated Franken-food. All they care about is making money. Even if as a result of the piss-poor food that they're serving us, our immune systems weaken and collapse, cancer, Ecoli, poisoning from all the chemicals and hormones, birth defects, females becoming more masculine as a result of the growth hormones (IE Testosterone and the like) or vice versa for the men drinking milk that contains a ridiculous amount of estrogen (to keep the cattle giving milk even without giving birth). Who knows we could have a similar instance as the UK did with the hoof-and-mouth disease that ended up wiping out almost all the beef in the UK because of the poor conditions that they were kept in.
Just some food for thought.
all cows have E-coli. it's a natural bacteria living in their butt. as long as the meat is heated to the right temperature that will kill all harmful bacterias it's okay.
And our immune systems would actually rather be stronger by eating a little dirt. what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

Other than those two, i agree!

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#25 Mar 11, 2010
Speaking of eggs! we where so lucky that we got a neighbour who breeds chickens for eggs. so we buy them from him. his farm is tiny, compared to the huge industrial ones but it's enough to fullfill everyones needs atleast around the neighbourhood.
And since he don't have an extreme amount of animals they're all allowed to walk around as they please and live a healthy life.
I would know because it is i who must chase them around our garden to herd them back where they belong. them chickens are eating moms flowers!

sometimes the eggs are so fresh that they are still buttwarm from the hen!
However because they never got to go through a scanner to determine wether they are rotten or not, sometimes you might get a rotten one, or maybe if it's your lucky day an embryo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Being Gothic Jul 13 Maria 99
Thinking up a new Goth magazine idea. Jul 6 hinata093 1
Which one likes me??? May '15 Maria 4
Is this an okay thing to be? (Jan '15) May '15 Elder Goth 10
Evolution of your goth experience May '15 Elder Goth 12
My Parents Are Judging My Style (Sep '14) May '15 Elder Goth 39
Am I goth or emo? (Jan '15) May '15 Anonymous 149
More from around the web