Since: Nov 09

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

is more DEAD than a 10 year old corpse. Congratulations!

“Bite Me”

Since: Aug 09

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

lmao are you having a bad day lol?

“The cure is the disease....”

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Not a bad day. It was intended to be taken as a joke really. That 'oh yea, this forum is soooo "gawff" its dead!' type thing. lol guys, I don't bite. At least not until I'm hungry.

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

*falls through the roof*

oh hello there!

“Bite Me”

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

hiya Donkey and deadly, long time no see LOL
I guess it depends how hard you bite deadly if you leave tooth marks... you're in trouble

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Hello Don! And I am not into flesh as much as one may think, I prefer brains.

“Bite Me”

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

LOL if you say so.. ;)

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Just as long as said brains don't belong to a creature that used to moo. Its so unbelievably cruel what they do to those cows they harvest for "veal".

“Bite Me”

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

I am not familiar with what you speak of, I am against all animal cruelty

Dey tuk er jerbs!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Deadly! Is it only the way they handle the cows that make you not want to eat meat?

If so, if the did it humanely, would you eat it?

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

GothChild wrote:
I am not familiar with what you speak of, I am against all animal cruelty
I'm against all animal cruelty too. But the kind of cruelty I despise most is what they do to baby cows to keep them soft for harvest for veal. They take the babies from their mothers days after birth and chain them to the ground. They can't move, and are force fed. Veal is the most inhumane of all meats. And all meats are inhumane.

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Flying Donkey wrote:
Deadly! Is it only the way they handle the cows that make you not want to eat meat?
If so, if the did it humanely, would you eat it?
It doesn't stop me from eating anything that has to do with eggs. Those birds can have a lot of eggs [not sure of the number] and most of those eggs actually do hatch. Cows can only have one, maybe two babies. And yes, it has stopped me from eating veal and beef.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Deadly_Disease wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't stop me from eating anything that has to do with eggs. Those birds can have a lot of eggs [not sure of the number] and most of those eggs actually do hatch. Cows can only have one, maybe two babies. And yes, it has stopped me from eating veal and beef.
that wasn't really my question. I'm wondering if it's the eating of a once living being that makes you avoid it, or is it the way the animals are being treated before slaughter?

So if you knew that the animal you're just about to eat was being treated well and respectfully before slaughter, and also died quick and painless, would you be able to eat it then?

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Flying Donkey wrote:
<quoted text>that wasn't really my question. I'm wondering if it's the eating of a once living being that makes you avoid it, or is it the way the animals are being treated before slaughter?
So if you knew that the animal you're just about to eat was being treated well and respectfully before slaughter, and also died quick and painless, would you be able to eat it then?
If the animal were as some meat is called as "open pasture/cruelty free" I would eat it. Sometimes its that I get sick from eating beef related products in general. But if its cruelty free, I would eat it yes.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

There's an ecological stamp that we got in sweden which means the same thing. the stamp tells us that the milk or meat came from a cow that was allowed to walk in and out from the barn as she wished and that she was treated well.

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Flying Donkey wrote:
There's an ecological stamp that we got in sweden which means the same thing. the stamp tells us that the milk or meat came from a cow that was allowed to walk in and out from the barn as she wished and that she was treated well.
Yup. Thats exactly what I'm talking about.

“Bite Me”

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

I don't think we have anything like that in NZ, we might but I really have no idea.
But I do know that our cows are treated well.

“Resist or Die”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Deadly_Disease wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just wondering...have you ever looked into what those egg and chicken factories do to their birds? For me it's just as bad as veal. Makes me ill to think about it.

Who knows who cares

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Idk...if it was an "investigation" done by Peta, I know those guys are full of it. I can't believe Peta anymore. They're crap.

To what I said at the beginning of this thread...I still think this group is DEAD as can be!

“Resist or Die”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Sometimes something has to die before it can be reborn. LOL.

Don't know much about Peta, you sound like you used to trust them? What did they do?*Shrug* I've just been in farm country my whole life, sooo, well you can't really avoid talking to the workers if they make up your community. I don't like their antidotes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gothic Discussions

Search the Gothic Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Vampire Husband Drank Wife’s Blood for the Last... Apr 18 wow 3
What Type of Goth Are You? (Aug '07) Apr 14 Elder Goth 393
World Goth Day has roused dark memories in me |... (May '12) Apr 9 Roadie 4
Where did All the goths Go? Apr 7 DamFuckIdiot 6
Aggro Driver '81 radio Apr 7 Jeff 1
THE 69 EYES Frontman To Guest On 'The Governor'... (Apr '07) Apr 4 Bas lookalike 4
Cool jokes you may have found funny (May '08) Apr 1 monz 14
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••