First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

#1 Sep 1, 2007
What are your top 5 favorite gothic albums?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#2 Sep 1, 2007
Its all a matter of opinion, but these are my favorittes

London After Midnight- Psycho Magnet

The Cure-Disentegration

Christian Death-Only Theatre of Pain

Bauhaus- In the Flat Field

The Cruxshadows- Dreamcypher [I really like that album]
I know I have a mix of Gothic and Deathrock in there,[maybe] but they are all good cds I feel.
What are your top 5?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#3 Sep 1, 2007
Another one I forgot....how foolish of me.

Switchblade Symphony- Serpentine Gallery

I happen to like it anyways.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#4 Sep 1, 2007
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
What are your top 5 favorite gothic albums?
Or just any favorites? Gothic or otherwise?

“Where is ur will to be weird?”

Since: Aug 07

Necropolis

#5 Sep 2, 2007
Ok - tough to narrow it down to 5 but from 5 to 1:

Alright 6 to 1:

6) Depeche Mode - The Best of Depeche Mode, Vol. 1

5) Wolfsheim - No Happy View

4) Anders Manga - Blood Lush

3) e nomine - Das Beste aus Gottes Beitrag und Teufels Werk

2) VNV Nation - Futureperfect (almost chose Judgement but I just like Genesis too much)

1) The Cruxshadows - Dreamcypher (as if my name didn't give that away)

Necropolis

#6 Sep 2, 2007
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
I know I have a mix of Gothic and Deathrock in there,[maybe] but they are all good cds I feel.
Hey - that deathrock is what got you that classic goth tag - O.~. But it is making a Big comeback right now anyway.=P And they are good CD's - make me want to hop on Vampire Freaks and change up my music player.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#7 Sep 2, 2007
DreamCypher wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey - that deathrock is what got you that classic goth tag - O.~. But it is making a Big comeback right now anyway.=P And they are good CD's - make me want to hop on Vampire Freaks and change up my music player.
I adore those cds. There are other really good deathrock/gothic cds out there too. Not to mention bands. I don't have any cds by them but Death in June is a good band [no, thats not because my first name is in the bands name].

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#8 Sep 2, 2007
DreamCypher wrote:
Ok - tough to narrow it down to 5 but from 5 to 1:
Alright 6 to 1:
6) Depeche Mode - The Best of Depeche Mode, Vol. 1
5) Wolfsheim - No Happy View
4) Anders Manga - Blood Lush
3) e nomine - Das Beste aus Gottes Beitrag und Teufels Werk
2) VNV Nation - Futureperfect (almost chose Judgement but I just like Genesis too much)
1) The Cruxshadows - Dreamcypher (as if my name didn't give that away)
Thats a very good list! I love that VNV Nation cd! I think I'll put up another list now too.....of more of my fave 5.:)

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#9 Sep 2, 2007
Siouxie and the Banshees- Once/Twice Upon a Time: The Singles

Joy Division- Floodland

BlutEngel- Angel Dust

Clan of Xymox- Creatures

The Cruxshadows-......Night Crawls In

All goodies!

Necropolis

#10 Sep 3, 2007
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
Siouxie and the Banshees- Once/Twice Upon a Time: The Singles
Joy Division- Floodland
BlutEngel- Angel Dust
Clan of Xymox- Creatures
The Cruxshadows-......Night Crawls In
All goodies!
I second the motion on all of those! Especially Siouxie, Blut and Xymox.(The Cruxshadows is Always a Given)

I have a few extras too that I thought about as I was listening to my CDs last night:

either
1)Nordhausen or 2)Virgin Superstar - And One

and
You and Me Against the World - Apoptygma Bezerk

Can't live without my Apop....

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#11 Sep 3, 2007
Those are all awesome! I have a few more by VNV Nation, and Bauhaus and Joy Division and stuff, but I'll list this one and it'll be the last one that I list thats Gothy. After this......I think I'll list cds that influenced Goth, or just really good cds that are just as a suggestion.[Really Needs to Go CD Shopping....:)] I can't believe I forgot this one, but I'm a sucker for this guy.......

Voltaire- The Devils Bris
stolenangel

South Africa

#12 Sep 4, 2007
Girls Under Glass
Dreadful Shadows
Big Electric Cat
Babylon Will Fall
Merry Thoughts

Necropolis

#13 Sep 4, 2007
stolenangel wrote:
Girls Under Glass
Dreadful Shadows
Big Electric Cat
Babylon Will Fall
Merry Thoughts
I enjoy Dreadful shadows - when I'm in a bit of a metal mood. And as I have said many times before - I respect any group that has been around since the 80's - GUG falls in that category =D. I am actually not familiar enough with the others to venture an opinion...Got any good sources where I might listen to some of their stuff?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#14 Sep 4, 2007
stolenangel wrote:
Girls Under Glass
Dreadful Shadows
Big Electric Cat
Babylon Will Fall
Merry Thoughts
I don't really recognize any of these bands, maybe Big Electric Cat. Are they metal? I do like metal as well, and I'm always open to listening to different music.:)

Necropolis

#15 Sep 7, 2007
Ok - New stuff that are MUST listens:

1) The Cruxshadows new Birthday album release that came out Tuesday. It has 3 versions of Birthday (album, radio edit and the new Through the Looking Glass Mix)and 2 previously unrecorded songs - The 8th Square (wonderful) and White Rabbit (which they sing in concert, but never have recorded...

2) Also, Information Society (yeah - that band from the 80's/90's) has a new album coming out and it sounds great also - heard four of the cuts off of it from a friend that is a DJ and got to buy the early release - I really cant wait until it is out Oct 7th...

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#16 Sep 8, 2007
The Cruxshadows have a new cd out? Ok.....its been a dogs age since I've gone out to buy cds, but yea. The second band Information Society [I can't watch videos or listen to music on here, I was a moron awhile ago and deleted a program off my computer], whats their sound like? I'm just curious, I absolutely love hearing about different bands.

Necropolis

#17 Sep 9, 2007
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
The Cruxshadows have a new cd out? Ok.....its been a dogs age since I've gone out to buy cds, but yea. The second band Information Society [I can't watch videos or listen to music on here, I was a moron awhile ago and deleted a program off my computer], whats their sound like? I'm just curious, I absolutely love hearing about different bands.
Just download Windows Media Player 10 - its free -or are u using a Mac?

Information Society is very much Synthpop-EBM. Def closer to the new wave roots than the punk =). Heh heh...

Necropolis

#18 Sep 9, 2007
BTW, thought of you at 80s night last night.

They were playing Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart." I know how much you like them and I remembered your experience with Karma Chameleon...had to laugh to myself.^^

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#19 Sep 9, 2007
DreamCypher wrote:
BTW, thought of you at 80s night last night.
They were playing Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart." I know how much you like them and I remembered your experience with Karma Chameleon...had to laugh to myself.^^
Wish I could've been there. I love "Love Will Tear Us Apart", same goes for "Karma Chameleon". They say they play all the 80s...everything from the 80s. All I hear is Bon Jovi. I understand thats where he got started was in the 80s, but I'm not really a fan of his. Hes ok, just some of his songs for the most part annoy me. Still wish I could've been there, it sounds like it was fun.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

#20 Sep 9, 2007
DreamCypher wrote:
<quoted text>
Just download Windows Media Player 10 - its free -or are u using a Mac?
Information Society is very much Synthpop-EBM. Def closer to the new wave roots than the punk =). Heh heh...
I kinda wish I had my Mac back, but the battery died on it. I need to go to the city sometime for one. And I have Windows Media, but I just can't download anything else. No updates nothing. Its kind of like theres a firewall or something preventing me from downloads. Synthpop-EBM-ish you say? Their sound seems like something I'd like, I don't know.[I'm into EBM and Synthpop too, just don't own too many cds of that nature.] I'd hafta go to [with anticipated dread] the mall and listen to it on the cd readers they have in F.Y.E.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Being Gothic 5 hr Maria 6
Am I goth or emo? Apr 5 Maria 129
My Parents Are Judging My Style (Sep '14) Feb '15 Dreadfully Yours 37
Goth stereotypes... (Jul '07) Feb '15 Dreadfully Yours 349
Evolution of your goth experience Feb '15 Dreadfully Yours 11
Is this an okay thing to be? Feb '15 Dreadfully Yours 9
Problems With You People Feb '15 PSIskull 18
More from around the web