Where has everyone gone?
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#508 Mar 5, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Soccer would be interesting. After how the Phillies fans went psycho, I can kind of understand why the soccer fans go crazy. Ooooo....Hockey is also fun. Those are fun if they're local teams you're going to see. Not like a high school or college event, and not NHL either.
I can imagine the crap an officer deals with on a daily basis, but in Mardi Gras New Orleans? Thats crazy. Especially if they're a rookie or just starting. Now that would be rough.
I've been to a baseball game in the past, but I'd prefer soccer. I've never watched hockey, but I've heard it can get violent.
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#509 Mar 5, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to a baseball game in the past, but I'd prefer soccer. I've never watched hockey, but I've heard it can get violent.

Hockey games can get violent, but the fights are usually on the ice. Theres always a plexiglass wall protecting the audience. Soccer sounds interesting, I think one time I'll go to a match.
Metal Goddess 333

United States

#510 Mar 6, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Hockey games can get violent, but the fights are usually on the ice. Theres always a plexiglass wall protecting the audience. Soccer sounds interesting, I think one time I'll go to a match.
I don't think there are any hockey games around here...
It sounds interesting though.
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#511 Mar 6, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think there are any hockey games around here...
It sounds interesting though.
Yea. Its the same here, the closest one is over in Trenton, NJ.[Right across the river from me] Even thats a distance, and I wouldn't go there by myself ever. Its pretty cool though. Its fun when you get into it.
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#512 Mar 7, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea. Its the same here, the closest one is over in Trenton, NJ.[Right across the river from me] Even thats a distance, and I wouldn't go there by myself ever. Its pretty cool though. Its fun when you get into it.
I guess the only thing left to watch is baseball then.
I've been to a game or two here in Mobile, but I didn't get to see who won(we were on a field trip).
Maybe I should go again and see...
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#513 Mar 8, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the only thing left to watch is baseball then.
I've been to a game or two here in Mobile, but I didn't get to see who won(we were on a field trip).
Maybe I should go again and see...
Baseball isn't so bad. You just need to learn how the game goes, and then it actually gets kinda interesting. But I'm sure that theres more going on around ya than baseball games. You should look into it. Even here for the fun stuff we hafta travel. Hey, Bensalem may be a big town, but its boring and lame. Yea, I'm gonna spend my time at a hotel, or in a Chinese food store [although I love Chinese food], this town is boring. You should look around at the local areas, I'm sure that there must be arenas and the like that have family or otherwise kind of events.
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#514 Mar 9, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Baseball isn't so bad. You just need to learn how the game goes, and then it actually gets kinda interesting. But I'm sure that theres more going on around ya than baseball games. You should look into it. Even here for the fun stuff we hafta travel. Hey, Bensalem may be a big town, but its boring and lame. Yea, I'm gonna spend my time at a hotel, or in a Chinese food store [although I love Chinese food], this town is boring. You should look around at the local areas, I'm sure that there must be arenas and the like that have family or otherwise kind of events.
I'll go in the summertime, when they have fireworks. It'll be a lot more fun.
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#515 Mar 10, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go in the summertime, when they have fireworks. It'll be a lot more fun.
Thats always fun. I love the fireworks at the games! They usually tend to do really elaborate shows for baseball games.
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#516 Mar 10, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats always fun. I love the fireworks at the games! They usually tend to do really elaborate shows for baseball games.
My mom went last year, and she said that the fireworks were better than the ones on 4th of July( and they were AMAZING!) That makes it even better.
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#517 Mar 10, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>My mom went last year, and she said that the fireworks were better than the ones on 4th of July( and they were AMAZING!) That makes it even better.
Yea. They're like that. It seems like they tend to go all out more for baseball games than they do for national holidays! lol. And the finale is always awesome. One thing though, if the field that you're going to see this at is by a river, bring lots and lots of bug spray. The one in Trenton is, and they started shutting certain lights off before the fireworks, there were all kinds of bugs biting everyone, and getting caught in their hair! Or taking a garlic pill works, to the buggies, it makes you smell horrible. Although other people can't smell it.
[That was weird advice I just gave ya *walks away scratching head*]
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#518 Mar 11, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea. They're like that. It seems like they tend to go all out more for baseball games than they do for national holidays! lol. And the finale is always awesome. One thing though, if the field that you're going to see this at is by a river, bring lots and lots of bug spray. The one in Trenton is, and they started shutting certain lights off before the fireworks, there were all kinds of bugs biting everyone, and getting caught in their hair! Or taking a garlic pill works, to the buggies, it makes you smell horrible. Although other people can't smell it.
[That was weird advice I just gave ya *walks away scratching head*]
We were on the river for the 4th of July fireworks. I didn't notice any bugs, but I guess it depends on where you're at.

Guess what!!!!! I got my driver's license!
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#519 Mar 11, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>We were on the river for the 4th of July fireworks. I didn't notice any bugs, but I guess it depends on where you're at.
Guess what!!!!! I got my driver's license!
Its probably just the area. The Delaware river is pretty gross, so maybe thats it.
Thats great news!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Where are you gonna drive to for the first time?
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#520 Mar 12, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Its probably just the area. The Delaware river is pretty gross, so maybe thats it.
Thats great news!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Where are you gonna drive to for the first time?
Our rivers are gross too, but I hardly get bitten.
Thank you!
I'm driving to my job. I start today!
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#521 Mar 12, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>Our rivers are gross too, but I hardly get bitten.
Thank you!
I'm driving to my job. I start today!
You're very lucky that you don't get bit. I get bit all the time, it sucks.
Its no problem/ I'm glad to hear more and more good news! Thats awesome that you have your license, and thats great that you started your job. Hows work by the way?
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#522 Mar 12, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very lucky that you don't get bit. I get bit all the time, it sucks.
Its no problem/ I'm glad to hear more and more good news! Thats awesome that you have your license, and thats great that you started your job. Hows work by the way?
It was a rush...
I was supposed to start out on register, but they put me on the fry station. It got a little hectic at lunch, and my back started hurting, but all in all, it was pretty fun.
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#523 Mar 12, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>It was a rush...
I was supposed to start out on register, but they put me on the fry station. It got a little hectic at lunch, and my back started hurting, but all in all, it was pretty fun.
Maybe the fact that you started on fries was because they're cross-training everyone. I'm finding that most restaurants do that.[I guess my old boss felt threatened by me?] Its good that you're working though. Thats the thing to look at. No matter how busy it gets.:)
Metal Goddess 333

Memphis, TN

#524 Mar 12, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the fact that you started on fries was because they're cross-training everyone. I'm finding that most restaurants do that.[I guess my old boss felt threatened by me?] Its good that you're working though. Thats the thing to look at. No matter how busy it gets.:)
They do that to everyone at some point. I'm pretty glad they did, but now I'm wondering what I'm gonna learn tomorrow.
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#525 Mar 14, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>They do that to everyone at some point. I'm pretty glad they did, but now I'm wondering what I'm gonna learn tomorrow.
Its good that they are teaching you how to do everything though. I'm not sure what they'll teach, but it should be lotsa fun!
Metal Goddess 333

Hattiesburg, MS

#526 Mar 14, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Its good that they are teaching you how to do everything though. I'm not sure what they'll teach, but it should be lotsa fun!
They're trying to teach me how to take orders and work the cash register. I've pretty much got the whole fry station down. It is a little nerve racking at times, but it is fun!

How do you like your job so far?
Dreadfully Yours

West Orange, NJ

#527 Mar 14, 2009
Metal Goddess 333 wrote:
<quoted text>They're trying to teach me how to take orders and work the cash register. I've pretty much got the whole fry station down. It is a little nerve racking at times, but it is fun!
How do you like your job so far?
Thats cool. At least you're having fun. And thats always the good part. And the crosstraining is so that if they come up shorthanded one day at the fry station or such, they could have you help out. But your managers probably told ya that. I did like my job. They fired me today. I'm not upset about it, I just have this whatever attitude about it.[Funny thing is, you know how you get those gut feelings like "this isn't gonna work" "I won't be here long", I had that and look what happened!] And its funny, they call Bensalem "buisiness friendly", but they sure do need to teach the people they hire for HR a thing or two! lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Being Gothic (Mar '15) 15 hr Cigar Face 24 143
Bone Head May 14 Zadorf 1
You want Gothic? I'll show ya Gothic ;) May 5 Daryl 1
Modern art or poor taste? Would this 'graveyard... (Oct '13) May 1 Anonymous 2
you effin pansies Dec '15 old school black ... 1
News Coming to Colorado: Justin Bieber, The Cure and... (Nov '15) Dec '15 Cigar Face23 2
dream issues (Oct '15) Oct '15 Maria 1
More from around the web