Iconic band The Cure makes its El Pas...

Iconic band The Cure makes its El Paso debut after all these years

There are 8 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 10, 2013, titled Iconic band The Cure makes its El Paso debut after all these years. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

It's been 37 years since Robert Smith -- he of the teased raven's hair, smudged red lipstick and black eye makeup -- formed the gloomy, doomy British band; 34 since their first album came out; and 30 since the dancey "The Walk" accelerated a string of hit singles and albums that made them the darlings of goth rock.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Rabbit27

El Paso, TX

#1 Oct 11, 2013
Great show last night! Smith still sounds as great as he did back in the 80s and put on a 3 hour show!
1 DC Dave

El Paso, TX

#2 Oct 11, 2013
I couldn't make it to the show I was busy having jotosexual sex with my father.
DC Dave

United States

#3 Oct 12, 2013
1 DC Dave wrote:
I couldn't make it to the show I was busy having jotosexual sex with my father.
You were engaged in coitus with the puppets dad the fat grubby trucker again?
1 DC Dave

El Paso, TX

#4 Oct 12, 2013
DC Dave wrote:
<quoted text>You were engaged in coitus with the puppets dad the fat grubby trucker again?
Oh Yeah and that too.
DC Dave

El Paso, TX

#5 Oct 12, 2013
DC Dave wrote:
<quoted text>You were engaged in coitus with the puppets dad the fat grubby trucker again?
Whey, we were involved too, ya fatazz jotosexual
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#6 Oct 12, 2013
It was a beautiful dream, a first class show all the way. Robert is so beautiful and tender. His performance knocked my socks off.
DC Dave

El Paso, TX

#7 Oct 12, 2013
Larry Grover wrote:
It was a beautiful dream, a first class show all the way. Robert is so beautiful and tender. His performance knocked my socks off.
That gay [email protected] knocked your panties off too, ya smelly k^*t
Amanda

Suncook, NH

#8 Feb 10, 2015
What shocks me is when I adore a band for decades only to find out the lead singer isn't as he or she is cracked up to be. I've heard so many stories about how mean Robert Smith from the Cure really is. And that most of his songs he never wrote but other band members wrote, and all his pretty tunes were the invention of other people. All he did was sing and act. Then he would fire people at will when he wanted to. He wasn't known to stick by any band members in trouble but rather replace them like tissues in a klenex box. Also reports are that he is a glutton with eating, drinking, and just not caring about anyone. I know rock stars do party and drink a lot but that seems to sum up Robert Smith's real talent. He rides high on other peoples work and lives it up. He's also known to choose songs to sing that encourage women to buy his recordings. You know songs about sex, longing for women, idolizing woman. etc. but in the end it's just for ratings and PR. And a lot of his deep dark moving songs were not actually written by him, Or he simply co-wrote the song so that he could put his name on it. The entire Disintegration album was written by one of his band members who he kicked to the curb. Anyway after decades of glorifying and idolizing Robert Smith I can no longer ignore story after story specially when I look them up and find they are actually true. Robert seems to be more of a self centered ego bloated glutton that married his own clone (have you seen his wife?) than the angelic creator we were lead to believe. He was merely a Figurehead that took all the credit. And frankly some of his other members had a better singing voice. Stuff he did actually write wasn't very original because they were about books, movies, or plays that were already written. I've always known to some degree all lead singers were part of a collaborative group and PR Recording Business Men but the more I learn about Robert the less I like him. He's a fake who eats like a pig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pathetic. Depressed. Lonely. Jul 6 Lieutenant Tuvoc 3
gothic clothing Jun '17 Andymolly 1
Being Gothic (Mar '15) May '17 Terrance 177
News Celebrity birthdays for April 21 (Apr '11) Jan '17 tony briar mitchell 2
Relief-Series for 1960's Gothic soap-opera with... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Daryl 2
You want Gothic? I'll show ya Gothic ;) (May '16) Dec '16 Daryl 2
Anyone here listens to real Goth bands like Ale... (Jul '16) Nov '16 Sakkiko 2
More from around the web