I hate the average Goth

Posted in the Gothic Forum

Comments (Page 21)

Showing posts 401 - 420 of428
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Bite Me”

Since: Aug 09

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#405
Aug 8, 2010
 
that's true and it sucks how peeps always assume that tats are bad and all it's body art and not much you can do about peope who enjoy adorning themselves with it because in my eyes there's nothing wrong with body art it shows someones personality and what they like. LOL I guess as long as no one's gonna take offence it should be ok and I think most people would look at it and think it's something new and kinda cute. lol I dont even know what one is so good point. yeah me too though it's shocking how many teens that are younger - not older than me who are getting tats and they're only 14-15 ish

“Lifes a Grave...Dig It!”

Since: Oct 09

Who the hell cares?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#406
Aug 17, 2010
 
I'm personally more in favor of piercing modification as opposed to tatoos. I still plan on getting a ton of piercings in my ear. Just trying to find someone that uses gold rings or bars/barbells...whichever. If its gold and not plated or similar I'm fine. Still planning on getting that hello kitty head. A pissed off hello kitty. And an ankh. I like the one one of my friends has of an ankh. Its a little tiny one, that has bat wings. Its pretty neat looking if you ask me. But nah, I just want one with a scarab in the center. It looks better that way.

“Bite Me”

Since: Aug 09

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407
Oct 7, 2010
 
DeadlyxDisease13 wrote:
I'm personally more in favor of piercing modification as opposed to tatoos. I still plan on getting a ton of piercings in my ear. Just trying to find someone that uses gold rings or bars/barbells...whichever. If its gold and not plated or similar I'm fine. Still planning on getting that hello kitty head. A pissed off hello kitty. And an ankh. I like the one one of my friends has of an ankh. Its a little tiny one, that has bat wings. Its pretty neat looking if you ask me. But nah, I just want one with a scarab in the center. It looks better that way.
that's cool lol.. I can't pierce my ears all the way up so kinda jealous in that regard but doesn't mean I won't try!:D do they specify what they use or can you buy them and ask the piercer to use that instead of the usual? hehe I like that tattoo idea I told a mate and she loved the sound of it, both had a few giggles. sounds neat I wouldn't mind one on the top of my foot maybe but will have to look at a few pics before I decide on that one. whatever works for you and I think a scarab would look just as cool

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#408
Oct 14, 2010
 
If you have an allergy to gold or silver or nickel in earrings, you need to tell the people doing the piercings that you have an allergy and would prefer if they used a particular element instead of another. If you go to even just piercing shops in the mall, you can choose the earring for the piercing and they just clean the area up and then comes the fun! I like the stinging feeling afterward.lol. For tats, I'm not sure. You would hafta talk to a tatoo artist and see if they can substitute needles in case of an allergy. But if you're afraid of that, I would also research what types of inks they use too in case those cause a worse reaction. I wouldn't worry too much as most places use hypoallergenic materials anyway. I love the scarab and the ankh idea. And the angry hello kitty. I still plan on getting all those ear piercings in my right ear. My left ear doesn't take well to many piercings.

“Bite Me”

Since: Aug 09

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#409
Oct 15, 2010
 
I haven't noticed an allergic reaction to any metals so far but occassionally I get a stinging feeling in in my ears from my sleepers- even after taking them out - but it goes away so idk *shrug* maybe it's just me lol. could be a smart idea for me to check 1st but haven't had any issues with nickel or anything so I should be ok with tats, still remember the days of the fake ones you wet and applied then they rubbed off after a day or so. lucky, I can't get too many in my ears in the 1st place but I'll make do with what I got.. saw one of your earlier posts and am keen to try an umbrella idea like yours :)

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#410
Oct 19, 2010
 
You may want to bring that up before you get a really big piercing job. Otherwise if you get a piercing or two in your ears or lip or something similar, it may just be a thing that happens. Its still best to just research it first. Sometimes you just wake up and find your piercings swollen and know somethings wrong with them. Its good you haven't had many issues with nickel or such in earrings. I'm allergic to silver or any kind of metal used for most piercings, so I don't really know how that would affect my getting a tatoo. I hope not too much. I'm just worried that my skin would react badly to it and swell and get all ugly and scab over. Forever ruining a beautiful piece of artwork. I have made quite a few umbrellas lately and such. Still working on one though. Its gonna be really pretty when I'm finished adding to it. I'll try and post pictures when I'm done. I'm calling it the peppermint candy. It'll look like one when I'm done with it.
Honest

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#411
Feb 11, 2011
 
I am not goth. Though I dress extreme in my own way. Goth is cheesy and gives me this feeling where I cringe from all the cheesiness. Hello Kitty, for instance, is stupid whether or not it's intended to be worn as a joke or is an "angry" Hello Kitty. People understand goths, but hate them anyway because their personalities are vapid and terrible. That's the truth. Leave the whole goth persona in high school, especially if it's all "dark in a cute way." You're like the reverse preppies with a superior attitude. That's why parents hate it too. Whether you are the rebellious mall goths that older goths look down upon, or the older goths (or those trying to appear older) with the pretentiousness, sarcasm, witticisms, etc..., you have shitty personalities. At least those goths who you all scorn who "take themselves too seriously" are actually attracted to death and darkness, which makes them more interesting than these kitschy vapid weirdos who you can tell are all just following gothic trends the way the mainstream follows their trends. The goths you would refer to as "poseurs" are actually the interesting ones. The supposed "real goths" who cling to their little groups and criticize people's styles and makeup are not interesting and never will be.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Honest wrote:
I am not goth. Though I dress extreme in my own way. Goth is cheesy and gives me this feeling where I cringe from all the cheesiness. Hello Kitty, for instance, is stupid whether or not it's intended to be worn as a joke or is an "angry" Hello Kitty. People understand goths, but hate them anyway because their personalities are vapid and terrible. That's the truth. Leave the whole goth persona in high school, especially if it's all "dark in a cute way." You're like the reverse preppies with a superior attitude. That's why parents hate it too. Whether you are the rebellious mall goths that older goths look down upon, or the older goths (or those trying to appear older) with the pretentiousness, sarcasm, witticisms, etc..., you have shitty personalities. At least those goths who you all scorn who "take themselves too seriously" are actually attracted to death and darkness, which makes them more interesting than these kitschy vapid weirdos who you can tell are all just following gothic trends the way the mainstream follows their trends. The goths you would refer to as "poseurs" are actually the interesting ones. The supposed "real goths" who cling to their little groups and criticize people's styles and makeup are not interesting and never will be.
Dear Honest,
In all honesty you are really stupid. The one thing that connects all Goths is truly a love for goth rock. The sarcasm is just an added bonus. I don't hate people or discriminate against them for being a poseur, unless of course we're talking about emos or scene kids. If you had half a brain you would hate them too. God those kids are like herpes. You can't get rid of them! And *ahem* "gothic trends"? Inform me on what you mean by that. To my knowledge, we were discussing TATOOS. Tatoos are not a "gothic trend" if thats what you were talking about. I know plenty of people with tatoos. People into hip-hop and rap, bikers, punks, people into metal music or body mods, hell! I even know a few "normies" or preps as you so called them, who have tatoos! And this whole concept, "real goths", what are you talking about?!? The only thing that truly makes a person Goth or not, is a true and honest love for the music. And I'm not talking that bleepy bloopy stuff, I'm not talking Cradle of Filth type stuff, I'm talking about ACTUAL goth rock and deathrock! Could you name a band who does fall under those genres? And not one who falls under a dancy type of music or that is electronic in any way? Can you?.........
I thought not. So, dear honest, please do your research before you say anything stupid like that. Or at least read the whole thread.
Sincerely,
Dreadfully Yours
ELDERGOTH

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#413
Mar 28, 2011
 
Dylan, first check out the culture. If a goth made you angry, I understand but please do not generalize. There are so many different layers to the gothic community.

“Bite Me”

Since: Aug 09

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#414
Apr 2, 2011
 
I'm back after so many months away!!!!:)

How is everyone? what have I missed?!?!?

=]

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#415
May 3, 2011
 
I haven't been on here in awhile either. Been so busy in between school and just living. How have you been lately?
Sheri

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#416
May 6, 2011
 
If they hate 'goths' so much, wonder why they're trawling goth forums then?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#417
May 11, 2011
 
Sheri wrote:
If they hate 'goths' so much, wonder why they're trawling goth forums then?
Beats me. It is annoying though.

“Bite Me”

Since: Aug 09

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#418
May 25, 2011
 
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
I haven't been on here in awhile either. Been so busy in between school and just living. How have you been lately?
I been pretty busy too.. also been a lot better since the bf showed what kinda guy he is ;) haha but yes life is good is good to me atm.. sucks I can't get on here at school computers else I woulda replied a lot sooner :(

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#419
May 28, 2011
 
GothChild wrote:
<quoted text>
I been pretty busy too.. also been a lot better since the bf showed what kinda guy he is ;) haha but yes life is good is good to me atm.. sucks I can't get on here at school computers else I woulda replied a lot sooner :(
Its ok. Nothing much has been happening here for me either. Cept I dyed my hair reddish black. Love it. Love the way it looks in the sunlight.:) Its more of a reddish wine kind of color, but it still looks cool. And I am planning on getting an industrial piercing sometime soon. I just gotta find a place that can pierce in gold. I'm allergic to silver or any other metals for earrings. White gold is a good substitute tho. It looks like any other kind of metal and almost never tarnishes.

“Bite Me”

Since: Aug 09

Bay of Plenty!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420
Jun 2, 2011
 
OOOOOOO I love the sound of your hair!!!!! have a thing for red it really does look good on some people lol :) Hey I remember ya mentionin about the allergy to certain metals, white gold is real nice and looks good so it might be the way to go. you still entertainin the idea of a pissed off hello kitty tat?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421
Jun 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

GothChild wrote:
OOOOOOO I love the sound of your hair!!!!! have a thing for red it really does look good on some people lol :) Hey I remember ya mentionin about the allergy to certain metals, white gold is real nice and looks good so it might be the way to go. you still entertainin the idea of a pissed off hello kitty tat?
It does look really cool. I love it! And I love white gold! I own a few pairs of earrings that are white gold. I need to get some more new pairs of it though. I'm not really sure where they are at, and I'm kind of growing sick of always wearing those small hoops. I still am thinking on the angry kitty tatoo. Just not sure where I'll be getting it. Thinking either on my leg, or my back somewhere. I am also thinking about maybe getting wings on my shoulder blades. Maybe tattered wings, akin to demon wings or similar. But I want to get the hello kitty tat first, if I feel like it, I'll get the wings.
Honest

Pittston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422
Jul 15, 2011
 
Would any of you be interesting if you DIDN'T dress "goth"?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#423
Jul 18, 2011
 
Honest wrote:
Would any of you be interesting if you DIDN'T dress "goth"?
I lack the wit today to deal with a one post wonder. So uh...no thanks. I don't want any cookies.
tashaxox7

Okotoks, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#424
Aug 12, 2011
 
i am goth. AND I DO HATEYOU BACK! well most of u anyways. hahaha and downward spiral who ever the hell u are shut THE hell UP! k get a life so nobody gotta listen this shitt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401 - 420 of428
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gothic Discussions

Search the Gothic Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
7th St. Entry 16 hr cowboy chris 2
omg!! i luv yooh gothic and emo people!! your ... (May '07) Jun 24 Nychta 1,850
The Alternative Clothing Temple Is Here! Jun 24 Nychta 2
What Type of Goth Are You? (Aug '07) Jun 22 Dreadfully Yours 396
Is anyone else pissed about godhatesgoths.com? (Apr '08) Jun '14 Phoenix of Fire 202
EBM aggrotech industrial radio Jun '14 jarmel 1
On this Day: ‘The War of the Worlds’ Broadcast ... (Oct '08) Jun '14 Hillary 16
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••