Posted in the Gothic Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#1 Apr 1, 2009
riiiiiight, so i tried to gt your attention to this a while ago with a thread with the same name, but it must've slipped by your eyes...

hmm...
<.<

so i'm gonna try again, this time with a little more information.

well, this is a one woman band! frontwoman goes by the name Anna-Varney Cantodea.

she is (as PSI already know) a transexual, but claims to be more of an Asexual.
She makes music! lovely music to my ears, deep lyrics to my mind and heck she scares the shit out of me!
the genre of this music would fall under Gothic dark-wave, with much influences from barock, classical and medieval music.

lyrics are usually about dark and depressive things such as death and personal difficulties from Annas past.
the way her albums comes out depends entirely on what kind of state her mind is at the moment, meaning that there will be no such thing as an album with mixed moods and meanings.

i strongly recomend Anna-Varney and her Sopor Aeternus to anyone who finds dark and gothic music with the same kind of lyrics to be enjoyable, i know i do.

now here are some very VERY interesting interviews from her, where you can learn more about how her mind works.

http://forum.sopor-aeternus.de/viewtopic.php...

http://www.webbworks.org/thelodge/soporaetern...

Question: How do you view civilisation and how do you cope with the comercial-oriented society we live in?

Answer: I don't.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#2 Apr 1, 2009
now about that look PSI!
<.<

in order to find and enjoy really great music, you need to peal off and ignore all these little shallow parts such as looks or sexuality!

it's pretty much the same as with screamy music, if you don't like it, peal it off and find the pot of gold beneath!

“See beauty in everything.”

Since: Aug 07

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2009
I've heard the name before--haven't listened to her music though.
Dreadfully Yours

Bensalem, PA

#4 Apr 2, 2009
I will definitely give her a listen. I have heard about her before, but no money for cds. This summer I will though.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#5 Apr 2, 2009

“Twitter: @Shrubbehfish”

Since: Apr 08

Augusta, GA

#6 Apr 3, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
now about that look PSI!
<.<
in order to find and enjoy really great music, you need to peal off and ignore all these little shallow parts such as looks or sexuality!
it's pretty much the same as with screamy music, if you don't like it, peal it off and find the pot of gold beneath!
*scared* >_>...ok I'll try. <_< >_> *walks behind dreadfully as we go check it out*

Augusta, GA

#7 Apr 3, 2009
Nice review about her by the way ._. *claps*

Augusta, GA

#8 Apr 3, 2009
Not trying to take any attention away from the subject but everybody please check out the new and VERY first music video of Diary of Dreams - The Wedding!

tho it's not as good as I hoped for it to be I still like it.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#9 Apr 3, 2009
that song reminds me of some other song! is it influenced by something?

oh please psi! like Anna-Varney would be scary! pfff!

nuclear-war! now THAT'S scary!
Dreadfully Yours

Bensalem, PA

#10 Apr 3, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wZDt7iJ9dosXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
here are some good examples of what sopor aeternus is.
Thank you Don. Those are excellent examples of Sopor Aeternus, and the music. I'm convinced...I really loved those songs, and I definitely think [when I get some money or a break] that I will pick up their cd. Or something. Thank you for telling us about them!
Dreadfully Yours

Bensalem, PA

#11 Apr 3, 2009
PSIskull wrote:
<quoted text>
*scared* >_>...ok I'll try. <_< >_> *walks behind dreadfully as we go check it out*
I thought the songs were good and the way she looks isn't all that scary.[I'm siding with Don on that...I've seen some pretty scary folks and her look isn't scary in the slightest.] However...if you asked me about a raving lunatic fan of [insert name here], I'd hafta say thats some scary shit. Lets just say I've met some pretty strange people in my life so far. Or the cat lady, or the weird lady who looks just like her poodle, weird stuff.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#12 Apr 3, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Don. Those are excellent examples of Sopor Aeternus, and the music. I'm convinced...I really loved those songs, and I definitely think [when I get some money or a break] that I will pick up their cd. Or something. Thank you for telling us about them!
no problem! always happy to bring new music to people, and giving my idols new fans!

now did you read any of the interviews?

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#13 Apr 3, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the songs were good and the way she looks isn't all that scary.[I'm siding with Don on that...I've seen some pretty scary folks and her look isn't scary in the slightest.] However...if you asked me about a raving lunatic fan of [insert name here], I'd hafta say thats some scary shit. Lets just say I've met some pretty strange people in my life so far. Or the cat lady, or the weird lady who looks just like her poodle, weird stuff.
who is scariest?

poodle lady > Anna-Varney
Dreadfully Yours

Bensalem, PA

#14 Apr 5, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>no problem! always happy to bring new music to people, and giving my idols new fans!
now did you read any of the interviews?
I haven't had a chance to do anything much outside of checking topix and my email because of tax season. Could you give me a link?
Dreadfully Yours

Bensalem, PA

#15 Apr 5, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>who is scariest?
poodle lady > Anna-Varney
Definitely the poodle lady. Would you be afraid of someone who had the same haircut as their poodle? I'm sorry, I know people often have animals that look like them, or have similar mannerisms [I think that ones it], but that was just too damn far!
I really love Anna-Varney's look. It seems so original, I'ses love it!

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#16 Apr 7, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't had a chance to do anything much outside of checking topix and my email because of tax season. Could you give me a link?
http://www.webbworks.org/thelo dge/soporaeternusinterview.htm

these are two exelent interviews with her, and quite rare too, as she doesn't really enjoy interviews.

she quite dislikes people in general really!

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#17 Apr 7, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely the poodle lady. Would you be afraid of someone who had the same haircut as their poodle? I'm sorry, I know people often have animals that look like them, or have similar mannerisms [I think that ones it], but that was just too damn far!
I really love Anna-Varney's look. It seems so original, I'ses love it!
everything about her is very original!
Dreadfully Yours

Bensalem, PA

#18 Apr 11, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.webbworks.org/thelodge/soporaetern...
these are two exelent interviews with her, and quite rare too, as she doesn't really enjoy interviews.
she quite dislikes people in general really!
Those are great interviews. She sounds a bit like me! As for the hating people thing. I have my friends, but I enjoy being at home and not bothered [sleep] too.
Dreadfully Yours

Bensalem, PA

#19 Apr 11, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>everything about her is very original!
Too true. I still am looking to get a cd when I get money, nothing coming in yet though.[I'll probably have to order a Sopor Aeturnus cd! Noone has anything around here! None of the old goth bands, no good metal bands, even the "punk" music sections, they don't have the bands I would call punk. Just the new crap where it sounds like the singer just crushed their junk. Wouldn't bother me if they did.]

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#20 Apr 12, 2009
urgh... even worse where i live, you can't get real music at all! it's just the same crappy popular music that they're trashplaying on the radio!

internet is your friend!

i would ordinate the albums Les Fleurs Du Mal.

aaaaand... i dunno! most of them are great! but yeah! Les Fleurs Du Mal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone here listens to real Goth bands like Ale... Nov 24 Sakkiko 2
you effin pansies (Dec '15) Nov 24 Sakkiko 3
Being Gothic (Mar '15) Nov 16 Maria 165
Shopping online or in store what do you look for? Oct '16 Kozzy Strange Thi... 1
Abercrombie and Fitch? Sep '16 Sirdrinksalot 1
Icon & the Black Roses,Alesana=definition of tr... Jul '16 I rule you suck 1
Emo/Goth Lo-Fi album from Louisville Jun '16 FAN 1
More from around the web