PSIskull

Harlem, GA

#21 Mar 5, 2008
Moth wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that I like Vampire Hunter D, Hellsing, and a few others that I dont know the names of that were on when I was out with friends. But I just get annoyed by cheesy plots and poorly translated dialogue. I guess I can see your point. Unfortunately the people that first introduced me to Anime weren't quite in touch with reality so I got exposed to ALOT of bad plots.
I go to this con over in Grand Rapids called JFAX. They have anything you could ever want, whether it has to do with Anime or not, plus the people that go are alot of fun.
I never got to see those anime shows. But Inuyasha and Naruto were one of the worst =_= and my friends kept going on and on and on. It was almost as worst as middle school when my friends were into that yu-gi-oh trading cards bullshit. The anime that I liked were DBZ (the old one with freiza and the nameks), Gundam G (I hated the Gundam Wing series but Gundam G was good), Yu Yu Hakusho, I hated Cowboy Bebop at first but I started liking it later on,Fullmetal Alchemist, and some others I don't remember.

Since: Nov 07

Drumheller, Canada

#22 Mar 5, 2008
every person is different. if all people were the same the world would suck big time. i like some anime i used to watch it when i was young and still do a bit with a couple of friends. i watched witch hunter robin awhile ago and vampire hunter d was cool too and what i saw of hellsing was not bad. death note was pretty interesting too. other then that havnt seen any in a few months. dont like naruto or anything they are a bit to cheesy for me

Since: Nov 07

Drumheller, Canada

#23 Mar 5, 2008
PSIskull wrote:
<quoted text>
I never got to see those anime shows. But Inuyasha and Naruto were one of the worst =_= and my friends kept going on and on and on. It was almost as worst as middle school when my friends were into that yu-gi-oh trading cards bullshit. The anime that I liked were DBZ (the old one with freiza and the nameks), Gundam G (I hated the Gundam Wing series but Gundam G was good), Yu Yu Hakusho, I hated Cowboy Bebop at first but I started liking it later on,Fullmetal Alchemist, and some others I don't remember.
i used to love the gundam series. i hated gundam seed it was so stupid and i didnt care for the other one much either. used to watch dbz when i was young but havnt seen it in years

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

#24 Mar 6, 2008
PSIskull wrote:
<quoted text>
I never got to see those anime shows. But Inuyasha and Naruto were one of the worst =_= and my friends kept going on and on and on. It was almost as worst as middle school when my friends were into that yu-gi-oh trading cards bullshit. The anime that I liked were DBZ (the old one with freiza and the nameks), Gundam G (I hated the Gundam Wing series but Gundam G was good), Yu Yu Hakusho, I hated Cowboy Bebop at first but I started liking it later on,Fullmetal Alchemist, and some others I don't remember.
lol. I recognize all these names but I dont know them personally.
oh yes, I remember the Yu Gi Oh craze in middle school. They used to try to convince me that all that stuff was genuine ancient Egyptian. Which was really annoying seeing as I was studying Hieroglyphs and Ancient Egyptian history at the time.

“You'll never know....”

Since: Mar 08

William...wait, nevermind!

#25 Mar 6, 2008
Moth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I recognize all these names but I dont know them personally.
oh yes, I remember the Yu Gi Oh craze in middle school. They used to try to convince me that all that stuff was genuine ancient Egyptian. Which was really annoying seeing as I was studying Hieroglyphs and Ancient Egyptian history at the time.
Og my gosh, yes, the YU-GI-Oh phase! I hated that. This one dude in school who was obsessed with it kept making me draw him YGO comics. Ugh, I never want to draw spiky hair again!

Since: Jan 08

Ballarat, Australia

#26 Mar 6, 2008
Reye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I meant me and my friends. There are tons of goth who despise anime...dang them! XD
Oh sorry then ^-^
And alot of the dubbing is awful so I like to stick to the japanese with the subtitles

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

#27 Mar 6, 2008
Reye wrote:
<quoted text>
Og my gosh, yes, the YU-GI-Oh phase! I hated that. This one dude in school who was obsessed with it kept making me draw him YGO comics. Ugh, I never want to draw spiky hair again!
If I was you I would have just told the little snipe to draw it himself. I would always tell those children that it was a phase they would grow out of. They told me that they wouldnt because there were adults playing the game as well. I was horrified to discover that although they did eventually grow out of it there were (and still are) adults playing Yu Gi Oh. I can understand Magic the Gathering, because thats a much older game but come on, Yu Gi Oh??
gaia lovr

Columbia, MO

#28 Mar 6, 2008
that is sooo nice. ;)

“You'll never know....”

Since: Mar 08

William...wait, nevermind!

#29 Mar 6, 2008
Moth wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was you I would have just told the little snipe to draw it himself. I would always tell those children that it was a phase they would grow out of. They told me that they wouldnt because there were adults playing the game as well. I was horrified to discover that although they did eventually grow out of it there were (and still are) adults playing Yu Gi Oh. I can understand Magic the Gathering, because thats a much older game but come on, Yu Gi Oh??
I did tell him after he finally paid me for the comics. XD

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

#30 Mar 6, 2008
Love and Communication wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry then ^-^
And alot of the dubbing is awful so I like to stick to the japanese with the subtitles
Thats what most of my anime-geek friends tell me. They usually do subtitles. Then you get some like this girl named Stick that I dated for example that went through the trouble of learning Japanese so that they could watch it without subtitles. Thats dedication.

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

#31 Mar 6, 2008
gaia lovr wrote:
that is sooo nice. ;)
Just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell people how to live their lives.
PSIskull

Harlem, GA

#32 Mar 6, 2008
Reye wrote:
<quoted text>
I did tell him after he finally paid me for the comics. XD
oh you're getting paid??$_$ well that's a different story then.

“See what happed was ...”

Since: Mar 08

midland

#33 Mar 6, 2008
at my school people go up to me and ask me why i wear black all the time i just say because i like it oh but mi just want to punch them in the face and we walk downt the hall(i live in texas alot of cc'c crazy christions)and people yell out jesus loves just because i wear black all the time i swear if i wasent high i would blackedout again and craacked open his skull

Since: Nov 07

Drumheller, Canada

#34 Mar 7, 2008
Moth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what most of my anime-geek friends tell me. They usually do subtitles. Then you get some like this girl named Stick that I dated for example that went through the trouble of learning Japanese so that they could watch it without subtitles. Thats dedication.
thats defiantly dedication. kinda scary lol although i have a friend who is kinda like that. she loves japanese and anime etc. shes teaching herself japanese and is actually learning things. kinda funny hearing the accent though. ill stick with learning german:P

Since: Jan 08

Auburn, Australia

#35 Mar 7, 2008
Moth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what most of my anime-geek friends tell me. They usually do subtitles. Then you get some like this girl named Stick that I dated for example that went through the trouble of learning Japanese so that they could watch it without subtitles. Thats dedication.
I want to do that *hides*

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

#36 Mar 7, 2008
death sparx wrote:
<quoted text>
thats defiantly dedication. kinda scary lol although i have a friend who is kinda like that. she loves japanese and anime etc. shes teaching herself japanese and is actually learning things. kinda funny hearing the accent though. ill stick with learning german:P
If I could take up any language I think it would be german. I have a friend of mine thats german that taught me a little bit but unfortunately the only things he really taught me were how to say things like "Want to smoke some weed with me", or "fuck you bitch."
not really good for conversation.
PSIskull

Harlem, GA

#37 Mar 7, 2008
lmao wow what a conversation you'd have in German. I learned some German but the way I pronounce the words aren't working for me. I can't do the German R so I just use the spanish R. Good thing I know how to spell in German. It's also nice to listen to some songs by Rammstein, OOMPH!, KMFDM, etc. I'm also learning Korean and Japanese. I might learn Russian to. Maybe we can teach each other of what we know >->

Since: Nov 07

Drumheller, Canada

#38 Mar 7, 2008
Moth wrote:
<quoted text>If I could take up any language I think it would be german. I have a friend of mine thats german that taught me a little bit but unfortunately the only things he really taught me were how to say things like "Want to smoke some weed with me", or "fuck you bitch."
not really good for conversation.
its an interesting language thats for sure. its pretty neat how some of it is so close to english as well. the program i bought though starts by teaching you the sounds and verbs etc. ive learned enough so far that i can actually understand some of rammsteins music lol. cost me a 100 bucks but well worth it

Since: Nov 07

Drumheller, Canada

#39 Mar 7, 2008
PSIskull wrote:
lmao wow what a conversation you'd have in German. I learned some German but the way I pronounce the words aren't working for me. I can't do the German R so I just use the spanish R. Good thing I know how to spell in German. It's also nice to listen to some songs by Rammstein, OOMPH!, KMFDM, etc. I'm also learning Korean and Japanese. I might learn Russian to. Maybe we can teach each other of what we know >->
i think i would rather stick with michele thomas's programs. may cost a bit but hes a professional and i only have to go to the book store to get started lol

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

#40 Mar 7, 2008
death sparx wrote:
<quoted text>
its an interesting language thats for sure. its pretty neat how some of it is so close to english as well. the program i bought though starts by teaching you the sounds and verbs etc. ive learned enough so far that i can actually understand some of rammsteins music lol. cost me a 100 bucks but well worth it
Rammstein, and some of the other German industrial bands are where I learned I good chunk of the German I can speak. pretty sad, huh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Being Gothic 11 hr Maria 6
Am I goth or emo? Apr 5 Maria 129
My Parents Are Judging My Style (Sep '14) Feb '15 Dreadfully Yours 37
Evolution of your goth experience Feb '15 Dreadfully Yours 11
Is this an okay thing to be? Feb '15 Dreadfully Yours 9
Problems With You People Feb '15 PSIskull 18
News Iconic band The Cure makes its El Paso debut af... (Oct '13) Feb '15 Amanda 8
More from around the web