|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

Honest wrote:
You're all teenagers who haven't found yourselves yet. There's nothing special about being goth. I used to think it was special and was even labelling myself as Gothic until I figured out that it was a clique. Most people actually join the clique intentionally to have a vapid, contrived identity, though I myself was trying to learn something from what I thought was significant. I had my own idea of Gothic, and I went with that. I didn't want gothic friends. I was interested solely in learning. I thought that anything could be a teacher. Needless to say I learned a lot.
But when I hear the term goth these days (Though even goth back then was trite and ridiculous, don't get me wrong.), it seems like something that would be showcased on Tyra Banks' programme. Just a boring, vapid alternative to the boring, vapid mainstream. Style over substance. I could tell you in detail why it's ridiculous, and discuss marketing techniques aimed at teens, though would you listen to me? There's a psychological and even pathological element to it as well. I could even tell you about this, though you would get defensive in order to protect your fragile psyche. Goths don't like to learn anything about themselves, or anything else for that matter. Have you checked your spelling lately?
Each of you sound young. I can determine this from your posts. Maybe some of you are also doing an experiment or using this as a learning experience. In which case I wish you well. Though the majority are simply caught up in nonsense. Belonging isn't everything. Try to think outside the box, rather than just convincing yourselves that you're interesting. If being this way is really who you are, then that's one thing. Some people really do have a darker personality and that's fine. Dressing how you like is also fine. But none of this makes you "goth." Goth is a product. Stop being so insecure. You're better than that.
No Goth is a state of being. I no longer Identify myself as human. Because I am not. I know who I am and learn more about myself everyday. And every day I enjoy the darker side of life.
And all that marketing hype is just society trying to make us sell out. It's not true goth.

I am Goth, child of night.
Feel my wrath, die of fright.

Since: Jul 11

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmfao!!!! Thats classic! I love it!
Thank you. I try.

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

PSIskull wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO not them trying to do the demon voice!*In my demon voice* THEY WILL NEVER MASTER THE DEMON VOICE LOOKING THE WAY THEY DO!*goes back to regular voice* ahe ahem...that reminded me of this incident back in high school I was walking minding my own business then this jackass gonna do a fake scream in horror and jump up like we in some kind of thriller horror movie. Now I can admit that was a little funny cause I probably did look like something out of a Halloween (2008) movie looking the way I did. But nobody better try that again or I'm going to turn back and say *in demon voice* I'LL EAT YOUR BABIES!
Lolz. I can do better Demon voice than them anyday. But they just do a deep voice not a demon one. They can't hack it. I even sing This Is Halloween by Marilyn Manson, yes I said Marilyn Manson, while walking down the street just so I creep people out. It's one of the few Marilyn Manson songs that I like. And It's so funny to see them squirm when I'm extra nasty and get right up in their faces or am offering candy to small children. I can hardly kepp a straight face it's so damn hilarious.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
No Goth is a state of being. I no longer Identify myself as human. Because I am not. I know who I am and learn more about myself everyday. And every day I enjoy the darker side of life.
And all that marketing hype is just society trying to make us sell out. It's not true goth.
I am Goth, child of night.
Feel my wrath, die of fright.
You are awesome! I loved this!

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I try.
You are quite welcome.

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
You are awesome! I loved this!
Thank you. I love living in a state of Gothic epicness. It is so much better than being,*Shudders* Normal.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I love living in a state of Gothic epicness. It is so much better than being,*Shudders* Normal.
I hear ya. Around where I live, when I go outside, I always get the weirdest looks, or the infamous double take from people. And getting those weird looks just makes me feel proud of just being who I am. I don't ask for their acceptance nor do I want it.

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya. Around where I live, when I go outside, I always get the weirdest looks, or the infamous double take from people. And getting those weird looks just makes me feel proud of just being who I am. I don't ask for their acceptance nor do I want it.
Amen to that. I like to walk with my head high cos I perceive so much more than everyone else. They try to hide from life and deceive themselves then go mad when they have to face the truth. Almost makes me feel sorry for them. Still I wish I knew where in the world you are cos I would love to hang out with you.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. I like to walk with my head high cos I perceive so much more than everyone else. They try to hide from life and deceive themselves then go mad when they have to face the truth. Almost makes me feel sorry for them. Still I wish I knew where in the world you are cos I would love to hang out with you.
I'm basically the same way. When I do manage to get out [and not for dog walking either], I like to be who I am. I think thats mostly where I confuse people. I guess because in my town, everyone expects me to be a serial murderer or act like some kind of deviant of one sort or another. And I guess you could kind of say that I'm one of those really perky people that you tend to meet. Maybe thats what throws them off? I try not to hide from my life either, I've been through so much in my life so far, I realize its a short life and need to live it up while we're young! I don't really feel sorry for people that fail to realize the truth, they're stuck in their hole and refuse to believe the truth. Even if it were served on a silver platter with cookies. Granted, some people are naturally oblivious, while theres quite a few that choose to be that way. I live in Pennsylvania. Gah, it sucks here. In the burbs it does anyway.

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm basically the same way. When I do manage to get out [and not for dog walking either], I like to be who I am. I think thats mostly where I confuse people. I guess because in my town, everyone expects me to be a serial murderer or act like some kind of deviant of one sort or another. And I guess you could kind of say that I'm one of those really perky people that you tend to meet. Maybe thats what throws them off? I try not to hide from my life either, I've been through so much in my life so far, I realize its a short life and need to live it up while we're young! I don't really feel sorry for people that fail to realize the truth, they're stuck in their hole and refuse to believe the truth. Even if it were served on a silver platter with cookies. Granted, some people are naturally oblivious, while theres quite a few that choose to be that way. I live in Pennsylvania. Gah, it sucks here. In the burbs it does anyway.
I'm in New Zealand. And yeah, I know what you mean. It's their problem, not mine. Life is what you make it. If you decide to hide well, your choice. I'd rather face what's coming.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in New Zealand. And yeah, I know what you mean. It's their problem, not mine. Life is what you make it. If you decide to hide well, your choice. I'd rather face what's coming.
Instead of digging a hole in the sand and hiding. Granted, things aren't always what I'd like to hear, but thats life. Like one of my favorite singers had said in his song [I'm really taking it out of context here, but it fits.] "Only 50% of the time will you get your way". Although it feels like its much less sometimes, but you get what I mean. And you're on the other side of the world! I'm in the US.

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of digging a hole in the sand and hiding. Granted, things aren't always what I'd like to hear, but thats life. Like one of my favorite singers had said in his song [I'm really taking it out of context here, but it fits.] "Only 50% of the time will you get your way". Although it feels like its much less sometimes, but you get what I mean. And you're on the other side of the world! I'm in the US.
My life is kinda sucky right now. But I expect things to go wrong. After all, happy endings only happen in the movies. Don't they?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
My life is kinda sucky right now. But I expect things to go wrong. After all, happy endings only happen in the movies. Don't they?
I don't always expect things to go wrong. I try to at least consider both possible outcomes. Most of the time happy endings exist only on film, but sometimes [not often] it can happen in the real world. I am somewhat of an optimist, but it really depends what side of the bed I woke up on. Literally.

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't always expect things to go wrong. I try to at least consider both possible outcomes. Most of the time happy endings exist only on film, but sometimes [not often] it can happen in the real world. I am somewhat of an optimist, but it really depends what side of the bed I woke up on. Literally.
lolz. literal wrong side of the bed. Often things don't go as I anticipate and usually I double guess so expect things to go both ways so yeah kinda. not as bad now tho... but could be better.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
lolz. literal wrong side of the bed. Often things don't go as I anticipate and usually I double guess so expect things to go both ways so yeah kinda. not as bad now tho... but could be better.
Sorry to hear that things haven't been the best for you lately. I hope that they get better though. I do that sometimes myself. I double, triple, and quadruple guess myself or something I said. But I've come to accept myself not always saying the right things,missing the mark completely on something, or similar. Maybe its a lack of confidence in myself sometimes.

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that things haven't been the best for you lately. I hope that they get better though. I do that sometimes myself. I double, triple, and quadruple guess myself or something I said. But I've come to accept myself not always saying the right things,missing the mark completely on something, or similar. Maybe its a lack of confidence in myself sometimes.
Eh, I'm usually pretty close on my first guess. And things have been better lately. Suppose it's just adapting to a new environment.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, I'm usually pretty close on my first guess. And things have been better lately. Suppose it's just adapting to a new environment.
Thats good that things have been turning around recently.Things have gotten a little better here too, doesn't mean that I'm not doubting everything so badly, but things have been getting better here.:)

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats good that things have been turning around recently.Things have gotten a little better here too, doesn't mean that I'm not doubting everything so badly, but things have been getting better here.:)

Yeah. Been up & down here. But things are slowly getting better.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Been up & down here. But things are slowly getting better.
I hear ya. Its been a little bit of chaos here too. But everything is improving slowly.:)

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya. Its been a little bit of chaos here too. But everything is improving slowly.:)
Good to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gothic Discussions

Search the Gothic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
7th St. Entry Jul 21 cowboy chris 2
omg!! i luv yooh gothic and emo people!! your ... (May '07) Jun 24 Nychta 1,850
The Alternative Clothing Temple Is Here! Jun 24 Nychta 2
What Type of Goth Are You? (Aug '07) Jun '14 Dreadfully Yours 396
Is anyone else pissed about godhatesgoths.com? (Apr '08) Jun '14 Phoenix of Fire 202
EBM aggrotech industrial radio Jun '14 jarmel 1
On this Day: ‘The War of the Worlds’ Broadcast ... (Oct '08) Jun '14 Hillary 16
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••