Cape May, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

death sparx wrote:
ah that sucks and of course i will. bit to difficult for you? lol ya that would be an interesting language for sure. ya i know exactly how you feel. im dieing to go to school now and i seriously miss it. means driving 45 minutes to get to it every day but i like the thought how it can change my future and make life a little easier. atleast i hope it would. ah bummer thats no fun to hear. looking forward to halloween or just the change of seasons etc?
it does suck, but what can I do? I don't really have an urge to do anything anymore. I can't really recall how long its been since I've been this...well depressed. Maybe its the constant change of the weather thats making my joints ache, maybe its just my friendships, who knows. And I personally don't care. I just want to change up this horrid routine I've been following since I was 19. For Halloween, its the change of seasons [the heat has been brutal recently], but its just because its the one day out of the whole year where I don't get a weird look because of what I'm like.
Just some Goth

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Well... I like anime, Hellsing and Soul Eater in particular. I like black. I get pissed off at the devil-worshipper shit and the common confusion between devils and demons. I'm an atheist. I like writing dark song lyrics and on occasion, rarely, poetry. I am a Goth. I am always depressed, and I've never been happier in my life! I hate Twilight but I like vampires in a general sense. Altho it doesn't help break the stereotypes, I just love to scare the hell outta ppl by making cutting motions at them when they are being annoying otherwise I turn it into a joke. Random Guy: "So you always wear black?" Me, wearing all black: "No I never wear black, are you blind? I'm wearing Not-red pants and a Not-Blue shirt with a Not-Green jacket. Really it's obvious I'm not wearing black."
Just some Goth

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

PSIskull wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I never got locked in the lockers but I have been jumped by wannabe gangstas plenty of times before ._. they tried their best to make sure i was hurt but the hits were weak to me. I dunno if they were hitting their hardest or what but those were baby licks to me O.o I'm the only person who dresses different in my neighborhood as well.
Well, I haven't had to worry about the locker ordeal but I have had knives drawn on me and guns pointed at me. They soon found out it was a big mistake to draw a gun on someone who was wearing hard leather and metal plate clothing underneath his 'Matrix/Neo' style jacket. It's annoying that I'm the only goth in school. At least the only one as far as I know.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
Random Guy: "So you always wear black?" Me, wearing all black: "No I never wear black, are you blind? I'm wearing Not-red pants and a Not-Blue shirt with a Not-Green jacket. Really it's obvious I'm not wearing black."
That is gold. lol. I prefer being a bit more standoff-ish than blunt. Either ignoring people or just flipping em off. But that is great! I can be a bitch when I want to be, I'm female, its in my nature.
Just some Goth

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
That is gold. lol. I prefer being a bit more standoff-ish than blunt. Either ignoring people or just flipping em off. But that is great! I can be a bitch when I want to be, I'm female, its in my nature.
Yeah. I generally go for the ignore or scare off method but I felt like being a smartass at the time. I'm a guy and sometimes I just get sick of all the dumbass normal people out there. It's almost hard to beieve how some of them made it out of primary school.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I generally go for the ignore or scare off method but I felt like being a smartass at the time. I'm a guy and sometimes I just get sick of all the dumbass normal people out there. It's almost hard to beieve how some of them made it out of primary school.
It is a wonder how some people made it so far sometimes. I'm sick of people in general. It goes back to some issues I had with my last job, but you're not alone in the sickened feeling. People don't surprise me anymore, and if they do its by how outrageously retarded the whole lot of them are! My favorite remark that I had was that I was asked if I was heading to a funeral, and I just said to that person, "Yes I am. Yours." The look on their face was priceless!
Just some Goth

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a wonder how some people made it so far sometimes. I'm sick of people in general. It goes back to some issues I had with my last job, but you're not alone in the sickened feeling. People don't surprise me anymore, and if they do its by how outrageously retarded the whole lot of them are! My favorite remark that I had was that I was asked if I was heading to a funeral, and I just said to that person, "Yes I am. Yours." The look on their face was priceless!
oh that is priceless. My reply is usually "I wasn't planning to but now that you mention it a trip to the cemetery wouldn't be a bad idea." Or "Yes, mine." The second one totally freaks them out.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2011

I really like those two responses! I don't get too many remarks like that anymore though. Most of the time random morons from the streets just chuck things at me. Oh well. Its like that saying "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not".
Just some Goth

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
I really like those two responses! I don't get too many remarks like that anymore though. Most of the time random morons from the streets just chuck things at me. Oh well. Its like that saying "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not".
Too true. "I am me & I won't change for anyone but myself. So if you don't like who I am then it's your goddamn problem not mine." Sound about right?

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
<quoted text>
Too true. "I am me & I won't change for anyone but myself. So if you don't like who I am then it's your goddamn problem not mine." Sound about right?
It sounds absolutely right! Theres only one person that you should make happy in this life and thats yourself! If other people aren't happy with it, its their problem and they shouldn't go out of their way to try and bring anyone down. It shows how stupid they are, just going well out of their way for some kind of fight. Pathetic.

Since: Jul 11

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds absolutely right! Theres only one person that you should make happy in this life and thats yourself! If other people aren't happy with it, its their problem and they shouldn't go out of their way to try and bring anyone down. It shows how stupid they are, just going well out of their way for some kind of fight. Pathetic.
Yup. couldn't agree more. Altho I suppose if you change for the person you love it's not so bad.

“Twitter: @Shrubbehfish”

Since: Apr 08

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

HEYYYY EVERYBODY I'm back from all these years! Lol well I came to check on yall see how yall were doing. As far as stereotypes I really don't get stereotyped like I used to. At least not that I know of. I think it's slowly but surely getting more accepted in a way. Wait let me use another word lol..a little acceptance but probably more tolerated than anything. But let me stay on topic, yeah uhh...I probably don't get as much weird looks or stereotyped like I use to because I've been in this city for over 10 years now, a decent amount of people should know how I am now. But if I were to go to Atlanta and get on the Marta train omggggg I get stared at like I am this DEMON! LMAO I try my best not to laugh cause I know in their mind they're like "OMG WHY IS HE DRESSED LIKE THAT" and in my mind I'm like "OMG IS THE TRAIN ABOUT TO BREAK DOWN?!" =O

Since: Jul 11

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Lol. That is funny. Ppl stare at me like that too. And as I walk by some guys put his fake as deep voice and say "I'll take your soul" or some shit like that. And I say in my naturally deep smoky voice "No. Idiots like you don't understand the concept. Besides that's Death's job, I'll tell him you said hi tho." And just walk off, grinning/smirking evilly. Leaving them all WTFing to themselves. It's just priceless.
Honest

Pittston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

You're all teenagers who haven't found yourselves yet. There's nothing special about being goth. I used to think it was special and was even labelling myself as Gothic until I figured out that it was a clique. Most people actually join the clique intentionally to have a vapid, contrived identity, though I myself was trying to learn something from what I thought was significant. I had my own idea of Gothic, and I went with that. I didn't want gothic friends. I was interested solely in learning. I thought that anything could be a teacher. Needless to say I learned a lot.

But when I hear the term goth these days (Though even goth back then was trite and ridiculous, don't get me wrong.), it seems like something that would be showcased on Tyra Banks' programme. Just a boring, vapid alternative to the boring, vapid mainstream. Style over substance. I could tell you in detail why it's ridiculous, and discuss marketing techniques aimed at teens, though would you listen to me? There's a psychological and even pathological element to it as well. I could even tell you about this, though you would get defensive in order to protect your fragile psyche. Goths don't like to learn anything about themselves, or anything else for that matter. Have you checked your spelling lately?

Each of you sound young. I can determine this from your posts. Maybe some of you are also doing an experiment or using this as a learning experience. In which case I wish you well. Though the majority are simply caught up in nonsense. Belonging isn't everything. Try to think outside the box, rather than just convincing yourselves that you're interesting. If being this way is really who you are, then that's one thing. Some people really do have a darker personality and that's fine. Dressing how you like is also fine. But none of this makes you "goth." Goth is a product. Stop being so insecure. You're better than that.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

PSIskull wrote:
HEYYYY EVERYBODY I'm back from all these years! Lol well I came to check on yall see how yall were doing. As far as stereotypes I really don't get stereotyped like I used to. At least not that I know of. I think it's slowly but surely getting more accepted in a way. Wait let me use another word lol..a little acceptance but probably more tolerated than anything. But let me stay on topic, yeah uhh...I probably don't get as much weird looks or stereotyped like I use to because I've been in this city for over 10 years now, a decent amount of people should know how I am now. But if I were to go to Atlanta and get on the Marta train omggggg I get stared at like I am this DEMON! LMAO I try my best not to laugh cause I know in their mind they're like "OMG WHY IS HE DRESSED LIKE THAT" and in my mind I'm like "OMG IS THE TRAIN ABOUT TO BREAK DOWN?!" =O
Welcome back Psi Skull!!!!:) I get what you're talking about for the train thing. I get the same deal on public transit up here in Pennsie. Its good that things have settled down for you too.:) Glad to see you're back though.:)

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
Lol. That is funny. Ppl stare at me like that too. And as I walk by some guys put his fake as deep voice and say "I'll take your soul" or some shit like that. And I say in my naturally deep smoky voice "No. Idiots like you don't understand the concept. Besides that's Death's job, I'll tell him you said hi tho." And just walk off, grinning/smirking evilly. Leaving them all WTFing to themselves. It's just priceless.
Lmfao!!!! Thats classic! I love it!

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Honest wrote:
You're all teenagers who haven't found yourselves yet.
Teenagers?*raises eyebrow* And having not found myself? Actually in this past year I've learned more about myself than I ever have before. Wanna know what helped me? I'll answer that one later.
Honest wrote:
There's nothing special about being goth. I used to think it was special and was even labelling myself as Gothic until I figured out that it was a clique. Most people actually join the clique intentionally to have a vapid, contrived identity, though I myself was trying to learn something from what I thought was significant.I had my own idea of Gothic, and I went with that. I didn't want gothic friends. I was interested solely in learning. I thought that anything could be a teacher. Needless to say I learned a lot.
Ok.
Honest wrote:
But when I hear the term goth these days (Though even goth back then was trite and ridiculous, don't get me wrong.), it seems like something that would be showcased on Tyra Banks' programme. Just a boring, vapid alternative to the boring, vapid mainstream. Style over substance.
It really seems to me like you are talking about the mansonites. Who are, not at all Goth. For said mansonites, it is style over subsstance. For most Goths however it is the opposite? Have you ever taken a trip to an actual Goth event? What is showcased at those events is art or music with interesting and deep lyrics. I'm talking about actual Goth music, not bloody Rammstein.
Honest wrote:
I could tell you in detail why it's ridiculous, and discuss marketing techniques aimed at teens, though would you listen to me? There's a psychological and even pathological element to it as well. I could even tell you about this, though you would get defensive in order to protect your fragile psyche. Goths don't like to learn anything about themselves, or anything else for that matter. Have you checked your spelling lately?
Oh but please do tell. You've intrigued me by saying that much. And marketing techniques aimed at teenagers? I really suggest you get some in depth research finished. And not completing said research by your local hot topic. I don't even know of anyone that shops there anymore.In fact most of the other Goths I know are more likely to be found in a bookstore or a museum of sorts. I love to learn! And as I stated before, I in fact have learned alot about myself in this past year. What have you learned about yourself recently?
Honest wrote:
Each of you sound young. I can determine this from your posts. Maybe some of you are also doing an experiment or using this as a learning experience. In which case I wish you well. Though the majority are simply caught up in nonsense.
I see it more as a lifestyle choice. Call it what you will. And if its just an "experiment" do explain why there are Goths who are now in their 30s and up?
Honest wrote:
Belonging isn't everything. Try to think outside the box, rather than just convincing yourselves that you're interesting. If being this way is really who you are, then that's one thing. Some people really do have a darker personality and that's fine. Dressing how you like is also fine. But none of this makes you "goth." Goth is a product. Stop being so insecure. You're better than that.
I know belonging isn't everything. I've been through enough to realize that. I have friends that love me for who I am. No matter what form that comes in. And like with any other culture, there are interesting people. Those that do have that natural darker personality you speak of, are Goth. Again, Goth is not a way of dressing up. Its a architectural style, a style of art, of literature, a musical style, and fans of the four. I happen to be a fan of all four. Does that make me insecure? Hell no. I like what I like. Sorry I don't like unicorns and rainbows.

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

Just some Goth wrote:
LMAO not them trying to do the demon voice!*In my demon voice* THEY WILL NEVER MASTER THE DEMON VOICE LOOKING THE WAY THEY DO!*goes back to regular voice* ahe ahem...that reminded me of this incident back in high school I was walking minding my own business then this jackass gonna do a fake scream in horror and jump up like we in some kind of thriller horror movie. Now I can admit that was a little funny cause I probably did look like something out of a Halloween (2008) movie looking the way I did. But nobody better try that again or I'm going to turn back and say *in demon voice* I'LL EAT YOUR BABIES!

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

Dreadfully Yours wrote:
It really seems to me like you are talking about the mansonites. Who are, not at all Goth. For said mansonites, it is style over subsstance. For most Goths however it is the opposite? Have you ever taken a trip to an actual Goth event? What is showcased at those events is art or music with interesting and deep lyrics. I'm talking about actual Goth music, not bloody Rammstein.
( >_>) Rammstein is a good band tho! They're great! Use another band for example lol you used them like they are the worst. Let's use a band like...hmmmm....Paramore there we go! >=O PARAMORE IS NOT GOTHIC PEOPLE!=D feels so much better.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

PSIskull wrote:
<quoted text>
( >_>) Rammstein is a good band tho! They're great! Use another band for example lol you used them like they are the worst. Let's use a band like...hmmmm....Paramore there we go! >=O PARAMORE IS NOT GOTHIC PEOPLE!=D feels so much better.
Rammstein is good. But I tend to see more people going around saying that they are "lyk ZOMG soooooooo effin gawffickz" because they have a whole bunch of Rammstein cds. I only heard someone say that paramore is "gothic" once, and that was other than when you said that as above. Besides in contrast to what I wrote in a rant earlier, the kids that were testing the waters with gothic music and such, they either immersed themselves in the culture, or they fell away and found something else. I'm not saying there aren't people out there right now testing the waters, fresh blood is what keeps the culture alive. But back to the point, most kids nowadays are either into scene or something else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of313
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gothic Discussions

Search the Gothic Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
omg!! i luv yooh gothic and emo people!! your ... (May '07) Jun 24 Nychta 1,850
The Alternative Clothing Temple Is Here! Jun 24 Nychta 2
What Type of Goth Are You? (Aug '07) Jun 22 Dreadfully Yours 396
Is anyone else pissed about godhatesgoths.com? (Apr '08) Jun 19 Phoenix of Fire 202
EBM aggrotech industrial radio Jun '14 jarmel 1
On this Day: ‘The War of the Worlds’ Broadcast ... (Oct '08) Jun '14 Hillary 16
Where did All the goths Go? (Jan '14) Apr '14 Dreadfully Yours 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••