Since: May 07

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2007

This thread is just about the goth stereotypes you hear are ridiculus, funny, un-called for, and whatever else you can categorize them by. I'll start with my own.

A stereotype I find pretty lame is when people say goths are all a buch of satan-worshippers. I'd like to write a big 'f*ck you' on the forehead of whoever came up with that. I'm somewhat goth (but not a whole lot), and I ain't no goddamn satan-worshiper. I'm sort of agnostic about my faith, but I still find it lame to hear someone say something like that about gothic people.

So chat away, people. Come one and all to discuss goth stereotpes
Nooneyouwouldkno w

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2007

Okay so I was walking down the hallway in my school, and this fat girl comes up to me and she was like "Are you a rock star", I said no, and then she was like "But you wear black clothes", I just left her there after that...

“1605! Lmao Megan!”

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2007

Nooneyouwouldknow wrote:
Okay so I was walking down the hallway in my school, and this fat girl comes up to me and she was like "Are you a rock star", I said no, and then she was like "But you wear black clothes", I just left her there after that...
How retarded are people getting these days? It breaks my heart when I hear stereotypes within all social groups.

I swear to bob this world will end on 12-21-12... No idea why I picked that date...
Nooneyouwouldkno w

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

Well, all subcultures will have stereotypes and sometimes they're just exaggerated bits of the true thing. Hey, we stereotype as well, some of us more than others but it still happens, you can’t really stop something that has been going on for so long. Oh well, idiots will be idiots, let them think that we’re devil-worshipers. Heck they don’t even recognise the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism.
james_h20012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

I (a "mall goth") get sterotyped all the friggin time I come from a devout christian pentecostal church and I find it very offensive when people ask the "satanist" question. I guess it doesn't help that I live in po-dunk hickbilly town in the middle of arkansas but still people should be more accepting. oh p.s I only wear tripp pants you know the really big ones styled after rave pants only with lots of chains and suspenders, and yes I wear them to church. but no one at my church sterotypes they actually care which is great.

“1605! Lmao Megan!”

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

james_h20012 wrote:
I (a "mall goth") get sterotyped all the friggin time I come from a devout christian pentecostal church and I find it very offensive when people ask the "satanist" question. I guess it doesn't help that I live in po-dunk hickbilly town in the middle of arkansas but still people should be more accepting. oh p.s I only wear tripp pants you know the really big ones styled after rave pants only with lots of chains and suspenders, and yes I wear them to church. but no one at my church sterotypes they actually care which is great.
I must attend your church. I walked into my church with the tripp pants I used to wear, I got death stares...
lady lala

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

Judged:

i must admit i do stereotype a lot but thats onli if ppl get on my nerves a lot.

i hate chavs but not all of them...quite a number of them are my best friends so i dont slabber to them but if some1 was to slabber bout me bein a goth they wud never do it twice...i can assure you on that 1

i no i slabber bout emos but hey...who doesnt??? anyways i used to be kinda of an emo myself til i realised how pathetic i was bein wastin my life, but now i find it funny cos they cheer me up somethin shockin! i mean seriously if u saw an emo sittin outside cryin cos the bartender didnt serve them (cos they obviously dont love them!!!)wudnt u laugh??? i mean its so pathetic its unbelievable!!!

me and a few of my friends jus go into the city to laugh at them...it looks like they travel in herds down there so its not hard to have fun in there lmfao

i cant reli slabber bout any1 tho, whatever they are i went thro a brief faze of bein 1 myself...chav...emo...prep...s kater...u name it i was 1 but now im a true goth and proud of it no matter what any1 says

xoxo
Brooke

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

People are crazy. goths are not satan worshipers,scary or w/e . I think gothic guys are really hott! n_n;
Moth

Ionia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

I try to focus on the individual rather than the apearance. I know a few emo kids, I stereotype them but hey whatever. I hate their "scene" but the way I see it, I'm going to judge the individual, only the style. and its a system between me and them, they know that, they're gonna get made fun of. but who cares they laugh about it. but yes dont even get me started on the subculture of emo as a whole. it is as I like to say "Goths annoying little brother."
gothikbekka

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

wow when i walk down the hallways at school or sections in stores people move away or ask am i a satanist

www.hottopikgothiks.com

Since: Nov 07

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2008

emos get made fun of by almost everyone, even themselves. i do find them kinda of annoying but i still know a few and they make fun of themselves and know what they are. they are just as proud to be it as a jock is jock and a goth is a goth. for the satan thing thats annoying as well. its not just the goths who get asked that its people who wear black period :s

“You'll never know....”

Since: Mar 08

William...wait, nevermind!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Judged:

Gah, people at school think that all goths hate the world, sit in corners, and write angsty poetry. Okay, people? That's EMO, for one, and goths are some of the most perky, lively people you will ever know! We like to make jokes, talk about anime and music, and even though we do write poetry, it ain't all about death and suicide!(Emo, like I said, though I ahve nothing against emos at all.)

Plus--and this is sort of random--I absolutely HATE it when someone comes up, looks at my anime keychains, and says, "Is that Pokemon?" X(
PSIskull

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

lol xD I always get the "OMG It's Satan" stereotype when I walk anywhere. I remember I was walking in my neighborhood it was 2 little kids outside playing and there was a pink bike at the surb. One of the little boys said "Don't steal my bike Freddy Krueger". I was like "It's OK I won't steal your Barbie Dream Bike". Another time was when I walked in class and some boy was like "so you talked to Satan this morning?". I was like "I didn't see you til just now so I guess so". I also get "So yall try to kill yallselves?". I just say "After smellin yo breath the matter of thought does come in mind" But yeah I really don't take the stereotypes personal I just turn it into a joke and make their questions backfire *shrug*

Since: Nov 07

Three Hills, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

lol pokemon i forgot that stuff existed.
my friend calls me satan for some odd reason but all my other friends think he is nuts so it works:P kinda odd that a boy has a pink bike i think thats more funnier then being called the name lol. back firing is always good it shuts people up or makes them feel really stupid so i say it can have its good moments lol. for some odd reason alot of little kids love me. my sister tells her friends or other people im scary looking and they look at me and say no hes not and the little kids hang off me.

Since: Jan 08

Ballarat, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

Reye wrote:
Gah, people at school think that all goths hate the world, sit in corners, and write angsty poetry. Okay, people? That's EMO, for one, and goths are some of the most perky, lively people you will ever know! We like to make jokes, talk about anime and music, and even though we do write poetry, it ain't all about death and suicide!(Emo, like I said, though I ahve nothing against emos at all.)
Plus--and this is sort of random--I absolutely HATE it when someone comes up, looks at my anime keychains, and says, "Is that Pokemon?" X(
I don't know if you were refering we to you and your friends
But not every single goth person likes anime and write poetry. I fecking love anime...just thought I'd put that in there

But yes saying everyone does this and that is stereotyping which I assume your against.

I'm guilty of stereotyping all the time though.

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

Love and Communication wrote:
<quoted text>
But not every single goth person likes anime and write poetry. I fecking love anime...just thought I'd put that in there
But yes saying everyone does this and that is stereotyping which I assume your against.
I despise anime, but most of my friends are anime geeks. I've been to a few Anime conventions. I would highly recommend it. Their a blast whether your into that stuff or not.
PSIskull

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

I'm Guilty of stereotyping to ._. I was listening to the radio and they said a woman shot her boyfriend because they was arguing over the thermometer in the house. I said she must be black >_>.

Since: Jan 08

Ballarat, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

Moth wrote:
<quoted text>
I despise anime, but most of my friends are anime geeks. I've been to a few Anime conventions. I would highly recommend it. Their a blast whether your into that stuff or not.
A lot of my friend hate anime because they think its all like Naurto and Inuyasha(not sure on the spelling) because most people like them, EVEN THOUGH they are the worst thing I have ever seen and are so stupid and for little kids.

Then we have gems like Gantz and Elfen Lied and other overly violent things which never gets enough recognition, also comedy anime is pretty funny like Cromartie High but once again all people think about is the s*it like Nautro. Yeah I really hate that show

I've never been to an anime convention but I have always wanted to!

Since: Oct 07

Too many to list.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

<quoted text>
A lot of my friend hate anime because they think its all like Naurto and Inuyasha(not sure on the spelling) because most people like them, EVEN THOUGH they are the worst thing I have ever seen and are so stupid and for little kids.
Then we have gems like Gantz and Elfen Lied and other overly violent things which never gets enough recognition, also comedy anime is pretty funny like Cromartie High but once again all people think about is the s*it like Nautro. Yeah I really hate that show
I've never been to an anime convention but I have always wanted to!
I will admit that I like Vampire Hunter D, Hellsing, and a few others that I dont know the names of that were on when I was out with friends. But I just get annoyed by cheesy plots and poorly translated dialogue. I guess I can see your point. Unfortunately the people that first introduced me to Anime weren't quite in touch with reality so I got exposed to ALOT of bad plots.

I go to this con over in Grand Rapids called JFAX. They have anything you could ever want, whether it has to do with Anime or not, plus the people that go are alot of fun.

“You'll never know....”

Since: Mar 08

William...wait, nevermind!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

<quoted text>
Yeah, I meant me and my friends. There are tons of goth who despise anime...dang them! XD

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gothic Discussions

Search the Gothic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
7th St. Entry Jul 21 cowboy chris 2
omg!! i luv yooh gothic and emo people!! your ... (May '07) Jun '14 Nychta 1,850
The Alternative Clothing Temple Is Here! Jun '14 Nychta 2
What Type of Goth Are You? (Aug '07) Jun '14 Dreadfully Yours 396
Is anyone else pissed about godhatesgoths.com? (Apr '08) Jun '14 Phoenix of Fire 202
EBM aggrotech industrial radio Jun '14 jarmel 1
On this Day: ‘The War of the Worlds’ Broadcast ... (Oct '08) Jun '14 Hillary 16
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••