Good randomness/just for laughs

Posted in the Gothic Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#1 Aug 21, 2009
You know I'm bored if I'm posting this. Which'll probably become another discussion.

I saw this discussion on another group quite awhile ago. Yep. I stole the idea, but hey...anything to stimulate some kind of conversation here!

Going on the general assumption that everyone who visits this page is Goth/loves the music/ascribes to the aesthetic/blahblahblah....how would you describe your style? And what "type of Goth" would you go out with?[*coughcoughsnickersnicke r*]

I guess I'll start off...personality wise I've been happier, perkier/bouncy, than I used to be. So how I dress kind of took that on. Although I still appreciate the velvets, silks and laces as always. But the best way to put it is like a foreign drink, its something you don't think you can handle at first. But time passes and you drink it more and more and get used to it. An acquired taste personality wise and otherwise. Or maybe its just the area.
I really like those Steampunk guys. Or the Cyber Goth guys. Its not so much the hair, although I really like the spikey look I've seen some of them do. It just looks hot. lol.

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#2 Aug 21, 2009
i too must say i'm a little interested in the steampunk side of goth!

i already have a bowler hat, and with the teashades i kinda look like my head came out of a time machine!
minus the piercings...

i kinda have to learn more about steampunk if i am to have it as one of three genres in my book!

to be honest i'm not really sure what this thread is about :S
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#3 Aug 21, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
i too must say i'm a little interested in the steampunk side of goth!
i already have a bowler hat, and with the teashades i kinda look like my head came out of a time machine!
minus the piercings...
i kinda have to learn more about steampunk if i am to have it as one of three genres in my book!
to be honest i'm not really sure what this thread is about :S
Its just for kicks and stuff, but in this thread it was intended for people to describe what "type of Goth" they are [I've heard a lot of people say I'm more of a Perky Goth than anything recently...] and what style of Goth you would like your partner to be [if you dated a Goth. yes like I said, I am really bored and wanting some talk on here....] Like I said that I find Cyber Goth/Rivithead/Industrial guys [where did I get Steampunk from? I must've been tired when I posted this, but it does look classy.] to be really hot. But thats just me. Steampunk is very interesting though. I don't know much about it myself, but it looks amazing!
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#4 Aug 21, 2009
Mind you that this thread is nothing more than a joke. I just thought that it would be amusing. Whatever though. But forget the initial gist of this thread, its going anywhere because I have nowhere for it to go.[Cobwebs in head] Has anyone else ever read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? I wasn't sure what to think at first, but now I'm wondering why that comic series ended? Lack of inspiration maybe? Idk. I need soda. I don't want to go to sleep. But I'm tired.

Don, when you say one of the three genres in your book is steampunk, what do you mean? Like a bit of a romantic science-fiction-y theme? I have nothing for my zombie book, the one idea I absolutely love for what creates the zombies is already used in a movie. I want to find that movie now.

In reference to the title of this thread: Did I say good randomness or not? This is awesome randomness! Or I am really tired.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#5 Aug 22, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just for kicks and stuff, but in this thread it was intended for people to describe what "type of Goth" they are [I've heard a lot of people say I'm more of a Perky Goth than anything recently...] and what style of Goth you would like your partner to be [if you dated a Goth. yes like I said, I am really bored and wanting some talk on here....] Like I said that I find Cyber Goth/Rivithead/Industrial guys [where did I get Steampunk from? I must've been tired when I posted this, but it does look classy.] to be really hot. But thats just me. Steampunk is very interesting though. I don't know much about it myself, but it looks amazing!
but not enough to make you wanna date one, why is that?

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#6 Aug 22, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
Mind you that this thread is nothing more than a joke. I just thought that it would be amusing. Whatever though. But forget the initial gist of this thread, its going anywhere because I have nowhere for it to go.[Cobwebs in head] Has anyone else ever read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? I wasn't sure what to think at first, but now I'm wondering why that comic series ended? Lack of inspiration maybe? Idk. I need soda. I don't want to go to sleep. But I'm tired.
Don, when you say one of the three genres in your book is steampunk, what do you mean? Like a bit of a romantic science-fiction-y theme? I have nothing for my zombie book, the one idea I absolutely love for what creates the zombies is already used in a movie. I want to find that movie now.
In reference to the title of this thread: Did I say good randomness or not? This is awesome randomness! Or I am really tired.
there's deffinetly going to be romance in it! no doubt. but the steampunk genre will not add to much more romance than it would be with just fantasy.

there will be kinda these two different kind of people there. it will be the steampunk people who builds massive cities and make all these amazing scientific progress.

and there will be the wizards who rather take care of the nature surronding them and tries to live side by side with it.

these two groups kinda dislike the other. steampunk dislike wizards because of their rather annoying tendency to stand in their way and sniffing around in their business believing that everyone should do it their way.

and the wizards dislike steampunk because they're ruining the forests and unveiling secrets that shouldn't be unveiled.

and suddenly here comes the aliens forcing the two to work together in order to survive.
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#7 Aug 22, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>but not enough to make you wanna date one, why is that?
It was just a joke. Like if you did have a chance to, you could have any girl [or for the ladies] guy who happens to be one, what would you prefer? But nvm. I satisfied my boredom. Just wish I could take a walk. Damn humidity!
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#8 Aug 22, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>there's deffinetly going to be romance in it! no doubt. but the steampunk genre will not add to much more romance than it would be with just fantasy.
there will be kinda these two different kind of people there. it will be the steampunk people who builds massive cities and make all these amazing scientific progress.
and there will be the wizards who rather take care of the nature surronding them and tries to live side by side with it.
these two groups kinda dislike the other. steampunk dislike wizards because of their rather annoying tendency to stand in their way and sniffing around in their business believing that everyone should do it their way.
and the wizards dislike steampunk because they're ruining the forests and unveiling secrets that shouldn't be unveiled.
and suddenly here comes the aliens forcing the two to work together in order to survive.
It makes sense. It sounds very interesting. Most definitely science fiction. I'd love to see how it ties together in the story though, you know between the wizards and the steampunks.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#9 Aug 23, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes sense. It sounds very interesting. Most definitely science fiction. I'd love to see how it ties together in the story though, you know between the wizards and the steampunks.
there's going to be a tension between the two. not a war one, but more of a mental one.

"lousy wizards and their stupid arrogance."

"curse these steampunks and their killing machines!"

the two is going to have a special name though, i'm not going to call steampunk, steampunk in the book!
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#10 Aug 23, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>there's going to be a tension between the two. not a war one, but more of a mental one.
"lousy wizards and their stupid arrogance."
"curse these steampunks and their killing machines!"
the two is going to have a special name though, i'm not going to call steampunk, steampunk in the book!
I get what you mean by the tension between the two. I can't really put it to words either, but I understand what you mean. It'll probably be a really cool name though. I'm curious as to what different names you'll come up with.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#11 Aug 24, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I get what you mean by the tension between the two. I can't really put it to words either, but I understand what you mean. It'll probably be a really cool name though. I'm curious as to what different names you'll come up with.
probablly some federal bullsh1t of the united dicksh1ts
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#12 Aug 24, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>probablly some federal bullsh1t of the united dicksh1ts
I like that. I do I do I doooooooooo!

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#13 Aug 25, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that. I do I do I doooooooooo!
hah! well i've already put some curse words in there so it's not going to be a kids book!
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#14 Aug 25, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>hah! well i've already put some curse words in there so it's not going to be a kids book!
It doesn't sound like something that a child would read. Unless that kid were really advanced or something. I was reading stuff like that when I was 5.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't sound like something that a child would read. Unless that kid were really advanced or something. I was reading stuff like that when I was 5.
oh hell.. i was still reading kiddy books then!:(
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#16 Aug 26, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>oh hell.. i was still reading kiddy books then!:(
My reading is/was/always-has-been advanced for my age. Well back when I cared about being "advanced" it was. Now I just read whatever whenever. I still like classic literature, but I love my werewolf books. And I read when I have the time.

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#17 Aug 27, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
My reading is/was/always-has-been advanced for my age. Well back when I cared about being "advanced" it was. Now I just read whatever whenever. I still like classic literature, but I love my werewolf books. And I read when I have the time.
for me it's fantasy all the way!
Dreadfully Yours

Cape May, NJ

#18 Aug 31, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>for me it's fantasy all the way!
The only kind of books I don't care for are the ones based on true life stories. Not autobiographies, more like books written about cases that happened in real life, I read this one book about this girl who was hit by a car and was killed.[I wouldn't mind reading about the Zodiac killer or Ted Bundy though.] I thought it would help me come to terms with what happened to me, it did, but it just screwed me up because it made me wonder if thats what my family went through when it happened. But werewolf books all the way!

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#19 Sep 1, 2009
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
<quoted text>
The only kind of books I don't care for are the ones based on true life stories. Not autobiographies, more like books written about cases that happened in real life, I read this one book about this girl who was hit by a car and was killed.[I wouldn't mind reading about the Zodiac killer or Ted Bundy though.] I thought it would help me come to terms with what happened to me, it did, but it just screwed me up because it made me wonder if thats what my family went through when it happened. But werewolf books all the way!
to some degree i can read about real life.
i would bore myself to death if i had to read a drama story about something that happened in real life. if it has to be 100% real it better be about war or gangsters or some cool sh!t.

i rather read about stuff that doesn't exist.
Dreadfully Yours

Wildwood, NJ

#20 Sep 5, 2009
Flying Don wrote:
<quoted text>to some degree i can read about real life.
i would bore myself to death if i had to read a drama story about something that happened in real life. if it has to be 100% real it better be about war or gangsters or some cool sh!t.
i rather read about stuff that doesn't exist.
I love reading books about the wars of the past, or stuff. Gangsters not really, Alcatraz yay! Idk. Like I said on another thread in a previous post, I have waaaaaaaaaaay too much caffeine in my system to properly function. Or appear sane! But when do I ever look sane?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Being Gothic (Mar '15) May 10 Terrance 177
News Celebrity birthdays for April 21 (Apr '11) Jan '17 tony briar mitchell 2
Relief-Series for 1960's Gothic soap-opera with... Dec '16 Daryl 2
You want Gothic? I'll show ya Gothic ;) (May '16) Dec '16 Daryl 2
Anyone here listens to real Goth bands like Ale... (Jul '16) Nov '16 Sakkiko 2
you effin pansies (Dec '15) Nov '16 Sakkiko 3
Shopping online or in store what do you look for? (Oct '16) Oct '16 Kozzy Strange Thi... 1
More from around the web