The Biggest Rock Albums Coming Your W...

The Biggest Rock Albums Coming Your Way In 2009

There are 37 comments on the MTV News story from Jan 12, 2009, titled The Biggest Rock Albums Coming Your Way In 2009. In it, MTV News reports that:

Green Day and U2 drop new LPs this year, along with promising young guns like Paramore, Tokio Hotel and more.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MTV News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

NJ

#21 Jan 19, 2009
lol, good guess.
I'm 18.

“Bury me and fade to black”

Since: Oct 07

Boston, MA

#22 Jan 21, 2009
xAngelx wrote:
Green Day will always be awesome.
MCR's best album was their second. and people that like that album usually hated The Black Parade. MCR, can't write like they used to because they don't feel that way anymore and if they try (i.e The BP) it sounds whiney.
TOTALLY. 2nd cd was the best.

“Bury me and fade to black”

Since: Oct 07

Boston, MA

#23 Jan 21, 2009
Lou wrote:
Are Muse writing a new album?
that's probably in this feed if they are but hey lol, i wanted to comment :L
xo
Lou
gosh i hope so!!!!!!

NJ

#24 Jan 21, 2009
auroratorealis wrote:
<quoted text>
TOTALLY. 2nd cd was the best.
what did you think of tbp?

NJ

#25 Jan 21, 2009
GD 4 LYF wrote:
Mm....in your 20's?
I'm sorry dear, did I sacre you away at with my awful attempts at destrying MCR?
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#26 Jan 21, 2009
No, no!!! I haven't checked here in a while! No, you didn't scare me away. It would take a lot more than that!

NJ

#27 Jan 21, 2009
GD 4 LYF wrote:
No, no!!! I haven't checked here in a while! No, you didn't scare me away. It would take a lot more than that!
lol, i guess, I've been on here so much the past couple days (i have midterms and I'm 'trying' to study, but getting side tracked.) I need something to do besides aimlessly stare at my psychology textbook. Anyways, if i did scare you into thinking I'm an old, creepy, internet psycho. I promise I'm not. Moth, will vouch for me- if he ever comes back.
lol I'm just a senior, that has confined herself into her room, with a computer, for a week in attempts to pass midterms.
But i will warn you, there are a couple weirdos on here, we've talked to a couple.(also ask Moth) So do be careful.
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#28 Jan 21, 2009
yeah, i rarely give out personal info. As in never. But you seemed legitimite enough.=P just don't expect me to give you much more lol. I'm a different kind of interenet psycho, in the sense that I'm so careful it's creepy. Well, no. Most people would think it's weird that I hardly mention my name online, but that's me.

On a few of my posts I made up the name "Kelly" (my older posts) cause my name isn't common at all, so i feel like im just GIVING stalkers myself. but yeah, my name is a bit odd, so I keep that private.

But you can call me Kelly =P

NJ

#29 Jan 22, 2009
See, I'm the oposite. I'll give out alot of personal info.(about my life) but nothing specific (life my name). I'm not worried about general stalkers but I did have a personal stalker for a while.(the musician, I sorta dated) and in his free time(which he has alot of on tour) he googles himself and apparently me too.
So I'm ort of the same as you in that sence.
and besides, you're still young and you haven't explored that much of the outside world yet. But when you do, you'll find that it's really not as scary as ppl hype it out to be.
ok, Kelly.:)
I don't really have another name. idk, Make one up for me.
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#32 Jan 25, 2009
xAngelx wrote:
See, I'm the oposite. I'll give out alot of personal info.(about my life) but nothing specific (life my name). I'm not worried about general stalkers but I did have a personal stalker for a while.(the musician, I sorta dated) and in his free time(which he has alot of on tour) he googles himself and apparently me too.
So I'm ort of the same as you in that sence.
and besides, you're still young and you haven't explored that much of the outside world yet. But when you do, you'll find that it's really not as scary as ppl hype it out to be.
ok, Kelly.:)
I don't really have another name. idk, Make one up for me.
Sorry if I offended. I don't think your a stalker, but I don't give info to anyone on a public forum, cuz there are other people reading it, right?

I'd be interested to get your opinion on blink-182 actually...do you listen to any of their stuff?

NJ

#33 Jan 25, 2009
GD 4 LYF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I offended. I don't think your a stalker, but I don't give info to anyone on a public forum, cuz there are other people reading it, right?
I'd be interested to get your opinion on blink-182 actually...do you listen to any of their stuff?
lol, stop apologising, you did nothing wrong.
You didn't offend me. infact I'm glad you don't give out your details. That's the absolute smart thing to do. I don't give out personal info either like my name, school or town. Don't give out anything ppl can trace you back to. That's why when I meet someone legit, that I like, I'll usually add them on facebook or something.
You're totally right, there are others reading what you write, so never be too open.
like the stuff I tell ppl can apply to anyone in the world, so I'm not too worried.

lol, Blink 182- the soundtrack of my youth. I loved them back in the day, i don't listen to them anymore though. But I must confess, as dorky as it seems, my band cover 'All the small things' last year. They're a good starter punk band, if you're leaning that way.
*p.s sorry for all my typos, when I'm typing I never bother to check what I've typed, so most of teh things I write, end up becomming other words.
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#34 Jan 25, 2009
xAngelx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, stop apologising, you did nothing wrong.
You didn't offend me. infact I'm glad you don't give out your details. That's the absolute smart thing to do. I don't give out personal info either like my name, school or town. Don't give out anything ppl can trace you back to. That's why when I meet someone legit, that I like, I'll usually add them on facebook or something.
You're totally right, there are others reading what you write, so never be too open.
like the stuff I tell ppl can apply to anyone in the world, so I'm not too worried.
lol, Blink 182- the soundtrack of my youth. I loved them back in the day, i don't listen to them anymore though. But I must confess, as dorky as it seems, my band cover 'All the small things' last year. They're a good starter punk band, if you're leaning that way.
*p.s sorry for all my typos, when I'm typing I never bother to check what I've typed, so most of teh things I write, end up becomming other words.
Yeah, I have a tendency to over-apologize =). It's probably because I used to go to the Jonas Brother forums and bash anyone who liked them to pass the time, and I ended up having to apologize for the mortal sin of hating JB to all the fangirls. So I watch what I say now. I had this one girl nag at me for four days straight telling me to get my head on right and that I was stupid. I didn't bother apoligzing to that one lol.

Yeah, blink-182 is great. I feel really stupid saying that now, because I used to totally hate them. Haha, I just learned Adam's Song on guitar, and I'm finally getting a band together, so I'm gonna force a bunch of pop-punk down their throats whether they like it or not! LOL.

NJ

#35 Jan 25, 2009
lol. well the Jonas Brothers do tend to steal most of their songs from other artists. It's funny because they are from jersey, so i know ppl that used to hang out with them before they were famous. I never met them, but I've heard they're decent guys.

Do it! Adam's song isn't that bad on guitar either but getting a willing band together, is hard. I'm in the process of trying to get a band together (my other one broke up) so I do wish you luck.
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#36 Feb 22, 2009
xAngelx wrote:
lol. well the Jonas Brothers do tend to steal most of their songs from other artists. It's funny because they are from jersey, so i know ppl that used to hang out with them before they were famous. I never met them, but I've heard they're decent guys.
Do it! Adam's song isn't that bad on guitar either but getting a willing band together, is hard. I'm in the process of trying to get a band together (my other one broke up) so I do wish you luck.
Sorry! I took like 2 months to reply to this =(.

Yeah, I have a friend who met the Jonas Brothers(she absolutely hated their music before) and she went all beserk for them within two days of meeting them. She bought all their albums.*rolls eyes* I don't think she's totally telling the truth. She said she met them on the set of Camp Rock (her dad lent a hand in the technical something or another :P) but I think she was looking for an excuse to buy into their crap.

Yeah, I got my band together and we totally suck. No drummer or bassist, but ya gotta start somewhere I guess! Its fun...

I totally forgot about this thread,(sorry again)because my computer stopped showing that I had ever posted here.

NJ

#37 Feb 24, 2009
haha, no worries.
my life's getting pretty busy again so i don't get to stop by much anymore anyway.
Don't you just hate how that happens, like having weeks of complete uneventfullness and then everything happening at once?
lol, your friend sounds cool. my little sisters friends the same, she got to go on the Opera show and introduce them, it was pretty cool but she went head over heels for them too.
I pitty fan girls sometimes, though.
ah, no drummer or a bassist. well that could work if you go acoustic. Some of the best music comes from a singer and their acoustic.
GD 4 LYF

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#38 Feb 28, 2009
xAngelx wrote:
haha, no worries.
my life's getting pretty busy again so i don't get to stop by much anymore anyway.
Don't you just hate how that happens, like having weeks of complete uneventfullness and then everything happening at once?
lol, your friend sounds cool. my little sisters friends the same, she got to go on the Opera show and introduce them, it was pretty cool but she went head over heels for them too.
I pitty fan girls sometimes, though.
ah, no drummer or a bassist. well that could work if you go acoustic. Some of the best music comes from a singer and their acoustic.
:P I was failing science so I like NEVER came on here, i was doing all the crap i hadn't finished. so yeah, i was totally doing nothing at all until my teacher told me i was failing. almost a relief actually...
really? Oprah Winfrey? Wow, that's cool! I'd die of embarassment though. 0_o I hate being on TV. I've been on TV before (twice) and it was the scariest thing I've ever done.
Yeah, I despise fangirls of any band. They scare me. Unfortunately, one of my best friends is a fangirl (oddly enough of...Aerosmith! Does that even exist? Aerosmith fangirls...)
For now we're doing really crappy versions of Time of Your Life by Green Day. I used to love that song, but my own band has ruined it for me ^^
Anyway I probably won't be posting for a week or something (*sigh* Now I'm failing MATH!!!) so dont' feel pressed to reply quickly...

NJ

#39 Mar 1, 2009
lol we covered Good Riddance too, i think every band at one point does cover that song. Don't worry it's impossible to make that song sound bad.
Ouch, yeah i was failing Psyc, I know how you feel. But i tried real hard and i got my grades up, if I can do it, I'm more than confident you can.
lol that's pretty cool that you've been on TV before, were you like a TV extra or in a commercial? either way, its still pretty cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gothic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
These bands are the definition of true goth Aug 26 I rule you suck 1
These bands are the definition of true Aug 26 I rule you suck 1
Learn what true goth is,posers! Aug 25 I rule you suck 1
Pathetic. Depressed. Lonely. Jul '17 Lieutenant Tuvoc 3
gothic clothing Jun '17 Andymolly 1
Being Gothic (Mar '15) May '17 Terrance 177
News Celebrity birthdays for April 21 (Apr '11) Jan '17 tony briar mitchell 2
More from around the web