Family Says Murder is Case of Mistake...

Family Says Murder is Case of Mistaken Identity

There are 7 comments on the WREX story from May 19, 2006, titled Family Says Murder is Case of Mistaken Identity. In it, WREX reports that:

John McMurtry's family says his murder was a case of mistaken identity. By Lot Tan 13 News ROCKFORD -- Rockford Police search for suspects after a man is shot several times in the body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREX.

Senseless

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 21, 2006
This is my friend John, and this is a senseless act of violence that has taken him from us.... I will forever miss you John
Marcus
Anita Smith

United States

#2 May 22, 2006
My heart goes out to the family and friends of John McMurtry,may God be with you give give you the strength to get through this needless, senseless, horrific crime. I hope the guy the dope dealer realizes his part in this and changes his lifestyle. It is truly sad and I know you probablt want revenge I know I would and I am a God loving christian, but leave the vengence to God.
Dustin

Rockford, IL

#3 May 22, 2006
My Heart and prays goes out to the family of John Mcmurty, I had a pleasure of meeting John. and he gave me a ride home a couple of times, he was a nice, cool guy to hang around. John you will be missed dearly!
Peter John

Tanzania, United Republic of

#4 May 23, 2006
GOD'Z PEOPLE WILL BE RAISED TO LIFE.
If we preach tha christ was raised from death, how can some of you say that the dead will not be raised to life? If they won't be raised to life, Christ himself wasn't raised to life, and he wasn't raised to life, our messege is worthless, and so is your faith. Just as John died because of Adam, he will ba raised to life because of christ.
ADAM BROUGHT DEATH TO ALL OF US AND CHRIST WILL BRING LIFE TO ALL OF US. AMEN
IRVING M -COUSIN

Decatur, GA

#5 Oct 1, 2007
IT'S BEEN WAY OVER A YEAR SINCE MY COUSIN WAS MURDERED, AND WE STILL DON'T BELIEVE THAT WE LOST SUCH AN IMPORTANT LOVING PERSON. IT IS STILL HARD TO ACCEPT THAT SOMEBODY SO YOUNG, SOMEBODY SO KIND AND GENEROUS WOULD BE TAKEN FROM US IN SUCH A HORRIFIC MANNER. WE ARE STILL AWAITING JUSTICE, OR HAVE WE BEEN PUT ON A BACK BURNER FOR A NEW MURDER !!!!
JssBst

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2007
I miss you John. You were my friend. I still have your number programmed in my cell phone even though I know I'll never hear your voice again. I miss your laughter and your corny sayings (punch it peggy). I'm so glad you're my angel now John.......so glad. God brought you into my life for a reason; you were so special. I will never forget you. I'm so glad that earth has not sorrow that heaven cannot heal.
Cindy Mosher

United States

#7 Jun 25, 2012
My friend, my brother, my family. Suddenly gone, but never forgotten. I hold my memories with you so dear. I miss your smile, your cheer, you company. I love and miss you so much!!!

Love and prayer always... CC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gospel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mother says she was asked to leave church prope... Jun 29 Bambi 4
News Wife of televangelist Benny Hinn files for divorce (Feb '10) Jun 27 antonio 17
News Shirley Willis still in hospital (Jul '08) Jun 15 georgie 17
News Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet: A Symbol Of The P... (Nov '07) Jun 11 brfic 28
News Gaither Vocal Band will highlight concert in Ca... Jun 11 JBLONG 1
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... (Nov '14) Jun 8 Boni 1,356
News ESSENCE Poll: Do You Believe in Waiting Until Y... Jun 4 Marlene 3
More from around the web