Grant's autobiography music to singer's ears

Full story: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Britney Spears, take a hint: "The first time I was asked to write a book, I was 17," says Amy Grant.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Phantom Ghost

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2007

Amy explained that she had secrets before she turned 17, secrets she doesn't intend to share in Mosaic or elsewhere. These secrets will go to the grave with her.

Look in her lyrics. You may find the answers.

Now she admits she has suffered from mental illness in the form of postpartum depression, seasonal depression, fears and phobias
and obsessions with not wanting things to
change once she has it a certain way.

Good luck,#2. You're going to need it.
Charley horse

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

She said she has known Brown since she was 14 years old. Why didn't she end up with Brown B.?
Charley horse

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

Or Michael W. Smith whom she seems to be gravitating to again. Is she going on the cruise alone? Will the Chapman kids want or get to go on the cruise this summer?
Phantom Hourglass

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2007

Merry Christmas posters and lurkers!
Phantom Hourglass

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Things are getting cued up like they did before Amy left Gary. Is there any chance of divorce or separation #2 or will they just stay married and live separate lives while smiling for the camera like Gary and Amy did for so long?
KatRita

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

If AG is so happy and Gill is so well heeled with $$$, why is the Mrs. like a f*rt in a windstorm still going like a house on fire. What happened to taking a little time to get her feet back on the ground. Oh, yes, she just runs barefooted through her BM backyard before she jumps in her car to jet off somewhere.

When Vince got some award, she supposedly was off somewhere else and changed into her Happy Mrs.
outfit and game face in an airport bathroom.

What is really going on?
PhantomL

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

bump
Bloodhound

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

Did you see that d u m b article about AG running barefoot in her backyard to balance herself? They must be hard up for news. Watch out for the dog poop from Skittles and Chester. Look out for the dead moles. Have you seen her macarbe Smokey the Mole video blog? Yuck. Big Yuck for the Mrs.
It beats looking at her toilet. When you give a tour, the toilet is usually the part you omit. Look in the fridge, show off your cars, go to the game room, maybe a quick flash of the kids' room like they did for Los Lonely Boys, etc. Who wants to see just the front steps and a rickety yard swing with the mom swinging on it?
Pitt_Fall

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2008

Who writes this cra pola about her anyway? And what is the thing about her and her barefeet? Is this news? I've walked out to my vehicle in my bare feet and on the beach and even on a ranch (not the smartest move, but I was a teen). Is this news? I won't walk barefooted in a hotel room. Must have socks or sandals. Is this news?

NextTimeIFall

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

No matter how many boards this goes to, no one cares.
ShapeImIn

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

What's great is that even after all these years, Gary is still linked to Amy even if she doesn't give him his due in her Memoir Mosaic.

Based on the fact that the VG and AG combo has not sold as much and has not been as popular the AG/GC combo, one can deduct that sometimes it is about good and bad combos of people.

I don't care for VG/AG performing together, writing together, Christmas touring together
or trying to fool us that all is well, respectful and peaceful and that breaking up two families to make a yours, mine and ours was warranted and the way to go.

In the past, I loved reading articles about Gary, Amy and the Chapman Children. Now, when I read about Vince, Amy and Corrina, it leaves me cold.

And Jenny just plain creeps me out. Maybe it's because I never knew of her until I saw her in the wedding pictures in 2000.
gary chapman fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Jenny, the very rich daughter of Gill, rich by future inheritance only of course, seems to me to be a hanger-on. For Amy to actually infer she is "her" child, is such a diss toward Janis, Jenny's biological mom. I heard Janis and Jenny are very close, so I can't understand this - well of course I can - it's another one of AG's spins to make everything look like paradise.

As for Jenny, she has no career of her own, isn't talented enough to make it on her own as a country singer, and it seems her full time job now is backup singer to the Gills. Shame on her. That girl needs a life of her own. Butt-kissing doesn't pay very well, except of course unless your last name is Gill.
VinceBellyFlops

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

She seems so full-service that it seems it would almost have to be a paid position. Maybe Yma is just that charming. It seems whatever she wants, she gets. New husband, new daughter, career going in a different direct and an instant extra daughter to make it a party of five. All of her children from her previous marriage on Oprah in a show of support and there for a photo shoot around October...all smiling brightly....for the January issue of Good Housekeeping.

Maybe she finally wakes up on that cloud every morning that she used to talk about being so elusive when she was married to Gary and she had little kids running around the house and she used to say there was stinky underpants under their besd and things like that. She has never said that about Corrina.

I've seen the "hanger on" syndrome in kids of divorce. Often, in my experience, they hang around to keep an eye on the "step"...At some point, however, usually the "nice" wears off, especially if the dad takes the stepmom's side over the blood child.

I'm sure Gary knows the real deal, but I doubt he is going to spill here.

ShapeImIn

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

I'm supposed to play nice with YMA and ECNIV.
I'll see how long I last or if I just have to leave completely.
Static

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

gary chapman fan wrote:
Jenny, the very rich daughter of Gill, rich by future inheritance only of course, seems to me to be a hanger-on. For Amy to actually infer she is "her" child, is such a diss toward Janis, Jenny's biological mom. I heard Janis and Jenny are very close, so I can't understand this - well of course I can - it's another one of AG's spins to make everything look like paradise.
As for Jenny, she has no career of her own, isn't talented enough to make it on her own as a country singer, and it seems her full time job now is backup singer to the Gills. Shame on her. That girl needs a life of her own. Butt-kissing doesn't pay very well, except of course unless your last name is Gill.
Jenny can't hang on to anyone else. Her mother is gone after writing a tell all article a few years ago.

I really wish Janis would write a book, but maybe her settlement doesn't allow that. The article was very enlightening. It must have been bad for her to be the one to move out and take Jenny with her. Now she sides with Amy. Bizarro world for sure. Better check the fridge for the KOOL-AID.
ShapeImIn

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2008

I think I will stick with Beth Moore and see what she has to say in her book and the person who wrote, "How Starbucks Saved My Life" or the humorous, "Bitter is the New Black" by
Jen Lancaster.

I try to keep a book on me at all times so that if I have to wait, I won't be wasting my time.
shapeimin

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

gary chapman fan wrote:
Wow, I'm sure this one will get an answer from elsewhere. I guess there is no room at the Inn, but she gets to go on the Oprah Show, maybe to help round up Corrina since she was sitting by her...but didn't get to sing.
MustBMoney

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

It seems astonishing to have a house with that much sq. footage and land and not have enough bedrooms for all of your kids.
brocko bummah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

This subject is off-topic and possibly racist. It doesn't pertain to big fat welfare ghetto babymommas making their asses still fatter and more disgusting.
You done been warned, crackers.
stella

Goose Creek, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

shapelmnl, isn't it "one could deduce," not "one could deduct"?
Instead of spending your time obsessing about how flaky Amy Grant is, why don't you take a developmental grammar course at your local juco?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gospel Discussions

Search the Gospel Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gospel news: Big night of music coming to Don G... Apr 18 Nathaniel roland 1
We serve a God who is merciful to all (Oct '09) Apr 14 happy 759
Edmonton's Victory Christian Center in limbo (Aug '12) Mar 26 RockyPatricia 52
Gospel music news March 14-21 Mar '14 Berryhill kid 2
Contemporary Gospel Song Mar '14 UAOmroep 1
Feeling Empowered (May '07) Mar '14 Gospel Music Fan 3,096
Televangelist Joel Osteen shuns lavish lifestyl... (Nov '07) Mar '14 Guitar World Blues Fan 327
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••