Televangelist Joel Osteen shuns lavish lifestyle, visits Orland...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

If the evangelical world is looking for a poster child to offset the negative publicity surrounding rich televangelists, Joel Osteen would be a good choice.

Comments (Page 16)

Showing posts 301 - 320 of327
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Bumped for bonus

“Just Coolin' It”

Since: Jan 12

Figment Of Imagination

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Judged:

Great Motivational speaker & The Spirit Of Positivity of God!!!
Foxer

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Snore...

“Home of the Mermaids”

Since: Jun 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

another 20 and another bonus bump.

“Home of the Mermaids”

Since: Jun 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

another bump

“Hidden talents”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

I was really hoping to read about Ron on this thread. Major disappointment. Think I'll go pout now.
Steven Serdinsky

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

Judged:

Sleepy wrote:
I agree with the rest. He is a motivational speaker/coach, which we need more people like him to speak to the young people of our country to be a postivite influence on them. He teaches simple stuff that makes sense. More of a "zen" kinda thing than the rest of the crazy televangelist nutty bunch that push Jesus to make a buck.
He is a con man just like the rest of the bunch, it is and always has to do with money, say what you will, he is just as crooked as the rest of them.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

With a wife as hot as he has, it is easy to be positive all the time.

“Just my opinion”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

Steven Serdinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a con man just like the rest of the bunch, it is and always has to do with money, say what you will, he is just as crooked as the rest of them.
Well said. Just a different tactic. I believe all churches,synagogues and mosques are con jobs. All about money. Religion is a front for a brainwashed society.
RAR

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Obama, Osteen, it's all good. They both will say anything and stand for nothing. Ra Ra Shish cooom baaa!
HELL IS COMING

Mactier, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

WAKE UP YOU STINK'N PERVERTED WHORING CHURCH'S AND UR STINK'N WHORING CONGREGATIONS!!!!

HELL IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE A LOOK AT UR VERY NEAR FUTURE! THAT'S RIGHT!! TAKE A GOOD CLOSE LOOK AT THE TOP PIC FROM THE LINK PROVIDED.

http://subversify.com/2011/06/10/is-google-ce...

HELL IS COMING FOR JOEL OLSTEEN IN A WAY HE NEVER EXPECTED AND SAME GOES WITH THE REST OF YOU DIRTY FILTHY DECEIVING SWINES!!!!!!!!!

THE CHRISTIAN CHANNEL WILL BE PUT TO SHAME AND SO WILL ALL EVIL CHURCH'S FROM ALL DENOMINATIONS!!!!!!

HELL IS COMING!!!!!!! JUSTICE! WITH HELL AND SNAKES!! SNAKES BEYOND UR WILD'ST IMAGINATION TO SURROUND YOUR CHURCH'S AND IT'S CONGREGATIONS!!

GOD THE FATHER HAS HAD ENOUGH OF YOU JACKASS'S!! HE'S GONNA FREAK YOU EVIL PPL IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE WORLD!!! SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT YOU PPL REALLY ARE!!!!!!!!!

ONLY GOOD PPL WILL BE SPARED!!

HELL IS COMING!!!! TELL THAT RAT JO! HELL IS COMING!! AND EVERYONE HE PREACHED TO WILL TURN AGAINST HIM AND HIS FAMILY IN A VERY EVIL MANNER FOR THE SPOT HE PUT THEM IN.

AND THE SAME GOES FOR THE REST OF U WHORING PREACHERS PRIESTS AND PROPHETS WHO TEACH GOD'S CHILDREN TO ERROR!!

HELL IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!
gracie

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

What the wrote:
He's an ordained minister, folks. So was his dad. It was his dad who was the pastor over the church, before Joel became the Pastor. Just because he's not one of the typical preachers fondling little boys (Catholic); one that's condeming Disney & gays (Baptists) or saying foreign leaders should be assasinated (Pat Roberts), doesn't mean his not a mainstream minister. Have any of you criticising actually watched one of his programs? He opens his sermon with a prayer; throughout he quotes the Bible and closes with a prayer. I'm sorry, how is that different than any other Pastor, in any church in America. I think people are caught in the mindset that if a pastor is not taking some sort of political stand, every Sunday morning then they're not really a teacher of God's word. I feel Joel gets so much flack, because he's positive and straight and to the point. Most people, today, just want to wallow in their own misery and expect to go to a church/pastor every Sunday morning that will only condone that mindset and behavior that's prevelant in our society, today. I was a skeptic of Joel, when I first started watching him, because in my mind anyone on t.v. that's not Billy Graham and preaching, is a crook-that's pretty obvious if you're not a simpel minded person. However, after watching many televised sermons Joel was preaching, I changed my perception of him. He's a positive pastor that ties everyday feelings by humans, with the word of God (Bible). If that makes him a motivational speaker, then great; at least it's based on the teachings of Jesus and God and not something materialistic.
<quoted text>
He's not an ordained pastor to me, for he has never been to seminary (check online Larry King interviewing Joel Osteen) In an appearance on Oprah Winfrey show,he claims that homosexuality is a sin, yet believes that homosexuals will go to heaven!? He wants to please men, not God. According to Galatians 1:10 it states that if "I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." He is an excellent motivational speaker, but his faith in Christian doctrine leaves much to be desired.
Big Mo

Gilman, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

All this mega churches and their pastors are crooks!! Living the rich life while the poor suckers and fanatics keep donating. Suckers!!!!!!
Gluteus Maximus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Big Mo wrote:
All this mega churches and their pastors are crooks!! Living the rich life while the poor suckers and fanatics keep donating. Suckers!!!!!!
So not true. My pastor is semi-retired and draws NO salary from the church. Still living in the same house he bought over 50 years ago. And I'm talking a truly "mega church" with several thousand worshippers every weekend. Stop hating things you don't understand.
say what

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Depends on what the word 'lavish' means.
Betcha he lives waaayyyy better than you.
Drives better than you.
Wears better than you.
Has no personal money worries. Play's the stock market.
Eat's better than you.
Plays better than you.
Travels better than you.
Takes regular lavish vacations.
Has more & bigger toys than you.
Has a much bigger bank acct than you.
Has bigger investments than you.

Please. If HIS religious BUSINESS CORPORATION is tax exempt, he's playing the same GAME as the rest of the religious TAX EXEMPT BUSINESS CORPORATIONS. He OWNS it all as CEO.

And can sell it ALL and personally pocket ALL the money. Which many do.

WHO built that empire? THE PEOPLE. With their tithes & offerings. NOT HIM.

So, he shuns the lavish lifestyle, huh?

Compared to who? A Saudi Prince?
Rockerfellers? Bilderburgs?

BTW - Did you realize, that when the owner (pastors) of a religious tax exempt corporation gets divorced- the ex gets their share & worth (1/2) of the entire empire since it is a OWNED business corporation?

So, what the people supported & paid for and are usually still paying for gets re-mortgaged etc, the ex is paid off in the divorce settlement, and the PEOPLE get to pay for the business empire, all over again.

It is a BUSINESS, BUT EVERYTHING paid for by others.

Not lavish my arse.
Gluteus Maximus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

You really should just stop. You know nothing about the operations of a church. Absolutely nothing.
say what wrote:
Depends on what the word 'lavish' means.
Betcha he lives waaayyyy better than you.
Drives better than you.
Wears better than you.
Has no personal money worries. Play's the stock market.
Eat's better than you.
Plays better than you.
Travels better than you.
Takes regular lavish vacations.
Has more & bigger toys than you.
Has a much bigger bank acct than you.
Has bigger investments than you.
Please. If HIS religious BUSINESS CORPORATION is tax exempt, he's playing the same GAME as the rest of the religious TAX EXEMPT BUSINESS CORPORATIONS. He OWNS it all as CEO.
And can sell it ALL and personally pocket ALL the money. Which many do.
WHO built that empire? THE PEOPLE. With their tithes & offerings. NOT HIM.
So, he shuns the lavish lifestyle, huh?
Compared to who? A Saudi Prince?
Rockerfellers? Bilderburgs?
BTW - Did you realize, that when the owner (pastors) of a religious tax exempt corporation gets divorced- the ex gets their share & worth (1/2) of the entire empire since it is a OWNED business corporation?
So, what the people supported & paid for and are usually still paying for gets re-mortgaged etc, the ex is paid off in the divorce settlement, and the PEOPLE get to pay for the business empire, all over again.
It is a BUSINESS, BUT EVERYTHING paid for by others.
Not lavish my arse.
say what

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Gluteus Maximus wrote:
You really should just stop. You know nothing about the operations of a church. Absolutely nothing.<quoted text>
Yeah, I DO. I'VE seen enough it would make your head spin.
YOU are DEAD WRONG.

Many Mega church pastors, ahem BUSINESS (church) OWNERS ALL play the same GAME and consider it BUSINESS AS USUAL. Mixing CHURCH with BUSINESS.

The MEGA CHURCH, according to law is a BUSINESS the PASTOR usually OWNS. In a divorce the wife is entitled to 1/2 of his Business worth! THAT IS LAW. I cannot help it if MANY choose to stay blind and ignorant. What? You don't think that this goes on? They are too spiritual to do such a thing?

It's a business. Do not confuse rich with holy.

Any monies coming in is considered the BUSINESSES money. The Pastor usually OWNS the BUSINESS. Tax exempt CORPORATION, remember?

Not gonna argue with you. I have seen way too much,...you have no idea.
So. let the ignorant stay ignorant still, or wipe away the religious veneer and open your eyes.

Show me where Jesus sugar coated the truth to anybody.

“Just my opinion”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Big Mo wrote:
I think the whole religion thing is a scam.
Feb Reeze

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Not making a judgment, but the pastor has not shunned a luxurious lifestyle. He owned a multi-million dollar property and now has moved into a gated mansion in River Oaks. IIRC it is worth about 10 million, but I believe it is either in a trust or the church's name and is not his personal property.
His children are taught at home or that is the last thing I read.

I'll see if I can find some pics.
Feb Reeze

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 320 of327
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gospel Discussions

Search the Gospel Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Low attendance doesn't stop Bonifay Southern Go... Jul 18 who cares 1
Edmonton's Victory Christian Center in limbo (Aug '12) Jul 16 ex Usher for vcc 58
Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet: A Symbol Of The P... (Nov '07) Jul 12 Wreaking Ball GUY 28
Feeling Empowered (May '07) Jul 12 Wreaking Ball GUY 3,097
The Dixie Melody Boys at Willards Campground Ju... Jul 3 Tom Dooley 1
Pastor Says Parents Should 'Alienate' Gay Kids,... Jun '14 Alienation 1
Beverly Crawford breaks new ground, earns No. 1... Jun '14 Mildred 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••