With 'Scandal,' ABC Targets Black Female Viewers

Apr 5, 2012 Full story: National Public Radio 52

On Thursday night, ABC's Scandal will step out as a rarity on TV: a show developed by one of the most powerful black women in TV, Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rimes, depicting a powerful black woman in Washington, D.C.: Olivia Pope, a top-flight crisis manager.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ dreaming of revelry”

Since: Mar 12

West Palm Beach, FL

#43 Apr 6, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
she couldn't which is why the ir theme is central to the story - a story marketed towards aaw by an aaw. so what does this say about aaw?
listen i could careless if there are many aaw who don't like bm. whatever bm replace aaw with is likely going to be a major improvement anyway. i'm just amazed at how obvious and open aaw have become in their expressions self-hate.
lol,that was cute.theres a possible bm/ww relationship brewing in the back ground too.
candaycoated

Wichita, KS

#44 Apr 6, 2012
shonda rhimes loves IR relationships.In private practice and grey's anatomy there's been all kind of IR couples she doesn't just cater to bw/nonblack men relationships
candaycoated

Wichita, KS

#45 Apr 6, 2012
I like christina yang with burke than that white owen guy she's dating on grey's anatomy.They made owen into a pussi

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#46 Apr 6, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
she couldn't which is why the ir theme is central to the story - a story marketed towards aaw by an aaw. so what does this say about aaw?
listen i could careless if there are many aaw who don't like bm. whatever bm replace aaw with is likely going to be a major improvement anyway. i'm just amazed at how obvious and open aaw have become in their expressions self-hate.
idk any names but i'm sure there are plenty of shows like that black men make.
vlad

Russia

#47 Apr 6, 2012
haha
candaycoated

Wichita, KS

#48 Apr 6, 2012
owen wanted kids and christina yang aborted his kid.Then she got the nerve to get mad when she thinks he's cheated on her.The last episode he admitted he was cheating on her I didn't see last night's episode.I hope they get a divorce lol I can't stand seeing them together.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#49 Apr 6, 2012
Sassykatt wrote:
<quoted text> lol,that was cute.theres a possible bm/ww relationship brewing in the back ground too.
when an aaw has the decision making power to produce a show targeted towards aaw, her main themes is not black love, but irr with wp? also the alpha male, potus, is white. even though our current potus is black.
the only thing i have to say is the sooner this cancer is 'purged' the better. hopefull we won't have to wait much longer.

“ dreaming of revelry”

Since: Mar 12

West Palm Beach, FL

#50 Apr 6, 2012
candaycoated wrote:
owen wanted kids and christina yang aborted his kid.Then she got the nerve to get mad when she thinks he's cheated on her.The last episode he admitted he was cheating on her I didn't see last night's episode.I hope they get a divorce lol I can't stand seeing them together.
i dnt watch greys.looks good tho.
Chaz869

Shinnston, WV

#51 Apr 9, 2012
Kim K loves some black meat!
Sadbuttrue2

Chantilly, VA

#52 Apr 9, 2012
Grey December wrote:
i'll be watching it and i'm a guy :) kerry washington is sexy idk if i will see it tonight but have it set to record
MACEO MACEO

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!

MACEO LMAO

African-American Leaderboard
Next champ crowned on 4/16

The Reigning Champ
MsNewNew
Lvl. 7 - Lifetime: 35,102 pts

This week's contenders:

dcool
Lvl. 6 - Lifetime: 23,605 pts

MsNewNew

a--x--e
Lvl. 5 - Lifetime: 16,681 pts

Hung Like an Ass

Ms Cutey

kojinwarrior

big mike M

sand_cracker

chill out pls

MACEO these are all of your profiles lmao !

your almost 60 years old! lmao

you have all of your profiles on the Top 10 Leaderboard! lmao

YOU WONDER WHY BLACK WOMEN DON'T WANT LOSER BLACK MALES!

WHILE WHITE MALES, AFRICANS, INDIANS, MIDDLE EASTERN RUN AND GET AN EDUCATION, BLACK MEN LIKE MACEO CHASE AFTER POOR WHITE WOMEN TRAILER TRASH AND ARE UNEDUCATED, BROKE AND DON'T HAVE A DAMN PLAN FOR HIS LIFE! LMAO

HE WASTED 30 YEARS CHASING WHITE WOMEN'S PUSSY AND NOW MACEO IS ALONE! LMAO

WAY TO GO MACEO! LMAO

YOU LOST YOUR HOME, YOU CANT SELL IT AND YOU HAVE "NO ASSETS" AND YOUR ALMOST 60 YEARS OLD! LMAO

IS YOUR MONKEY ASS REALLY DESIRABLE OR YOU JUST ACCEPT THE WHITE MAN'S REJECTS?

i THINK MACEO YOU ACCEPT THE WHITE MAN'S REJECT WOMEN!
Sadbuttrue2

Chantilly, VA

#53 Apr 9, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
when an aaw has the dncer is 'purged' the better. hopefull we won't have to wait much longer.
MACEO MACEO

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!

MACEO LMAO

African-American Leaderboard
Next champ crowned on 4/16

The Reigning Champ
MsNewNew

This week's contenders:

dcool
Lvl. 6 - Lifetime: 23,605 pts

MsNewNew

a--x--e
Lvl. 5 - Lifetime: 16,681 pts

Hung Like an Ass

Ms Cutey

kojinwarrior

big mike M

sand_cracker

chill out pls

MACEO these are all of your profiles lmao !

your almost 60 years old! lmao

you have all of your profiles on the Top 10 Leaderboard! lmao

YOU WONDER WHY BLACK WOMEN DON'T WANT LOSER BLACK MALES!

WHILE WHITE MALES, AFRICANS, INDIANS, MIDDLE EASTERN RUN AND GET AN EDUCATION, BLACK MEN LIKE MACEO CHASE AFTER POOR WHITE WOMEN TRAILER TRASH AND ARE UNEDUCATED, BROKE AND DON'T HAVE A DAMN PLAN FOR HIS LIFE! LMAO

HE WASTED 30 YEARS CHASING WHITE WOMEN'S PUSSY AND NOW MACEO IS ALONE! LMAO

WAY TO GO MACEO! LMAO

YOU LOST YOUR HOME, YOU CANT SELL IT AND YOU HAVE "NO ASSETS" AND YOUR ALMOST 60 YEARS OLD! LMAO

IS YOUR MONKEY ASS REALLY DESIRABLE OR YOU JUST ACCEPT THE WHITE MAN'S REJECTS?

i THINK MACEO YOU ACCEPT THE WHITE MAN'S REJECT WOMEN!
Quindseys friend

Johannesburg, South Africa

#54 Jan 11, 2013
Grey December wrote:
the show seems like it might be good too. hope her boyfriend is white
the boyfriend has to be white. If it was 2 black ppl nobody would be interested. And if Pope was played by a white actress it would have far gr8 ratings. I think ppl have some kind of idea that black ppl are unrelatable-amongst a long list of other things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gospel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 10 hr dee lightful 170
The Last Great Endtimes Revival and GW Williams Dec 14 Revival 5
Gospel singer launches pro-education effort (Jul '06) Dec 7 Film Director Phil 4
Meyer's $57 million evangelism empire (Sep '09) Dec 1 Texas 12
Juanita Bynum gay lesbian | Breaking News for B... Nov 21 Rainbow Kid 2
More controversy, from Kim's butt to 'KKK' Nov '14 Big mike 3
Edmonton's Victory Christian Center in limbo (Aug '12) Nov '14 Sarah 69
More from around the web