Pastor's message: Wealth to believers

Jun 10, 2012 Full story: CNN

The arrest of Georgia megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar brought renewed attention to his message of the Prosperity Gospel, controversial to some and faith-fulfilling to its followers.

Full Story
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#1 Jun 11, 2012
The history of where these con artist groups come from is complete.
By Dwight Baker
Dbaker22@stx.rr.com
6/11/12
ARTICLE
Creflo Dollar's Prosperity Gospel finds followers and critics
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/10/living/prosperi...
EXCERPT
Prosperity ministers preach that God rewards the faithful with wealth and spiritual gifts. Pastors such as T.D. Jakes, Dollar, and Joel Osteen have become the Prosperity Gospel's most well known preachers, building mega churches and business empires with a message equating piety with prosperity.
MY TAKE
The list above states the names of those with their name in lights now, but many before have been passing this con along for close to 150 years or more.

The words of Jesus Christ dispel these acts. Thus what these prosperity messengers have done is told their congregations to follow them, not the Lord. To revere and honor the so-called House of the Lord built by the congregations charitable giving.

The prosperity messengers know that mankind needs a place to get married and buried in so that is what they promote.

When in fact the place of the divine presence today is in mankind that have followed the dictates of our King the Lord Jesus.

The other startling fact is that Jesus message was that of going out not staying in under the ruling of those who sought out and told others that they were Holy.

We cannot refute that those that have followed the dictates of our King need energizing from time to time by others for we do and that too has been declared and can be read in the Bible.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 13, 2012
Um, not to many people show up at the gospel topix...I pop through ever once in a blue moon. But anyhow....my take on all these prosperity ministers is as follows>> bring back stake burnings and strike up some matches and get da torching and roasting. Especially for Creflo beat his daughter down like Rhianna/Chris Brown. He made a statement that all tithers that don't give in his church should be lined up and shot execution style which is an appalling statement but at the same time fitting since he appeared in the LUDICROUS "welcome to Atlanta" video like a pimp/gangsta. smh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gospel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edmonton's Victory Christian Center in limbo (Aug '12) Oct 12 Neyma 64
News & Notes (Feb '10) Oct 2 Music Acoustic Guy 11
Marvin Sapp Responds To Angry Pastor's 'Hissy F... (Jul '13) Sep 23 Guy Williford II 4
I'll Be Home For Christ... - Amy Gr... (Dec '07) Sep '14 Sweet Little Gosp... 12
Low attendance doesn't stop Bonifay Southern Go... Sep '14 fran 4
Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized Sep '14 paddyomalley 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the E... Aug '14 thinkabout it 1

Gospel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE