Does Madonna still matter?

Does Madonna still matter?

There are 977 comments on the www.salon.com story from Apr 29, 2008, titled Does Madonna still matter?. In it, www.salon.com reports that:

Of Madonna's multiple personalities, the least complex are the best known. But by now, the overly ambitious pop queen and the hands-off sex goddess have become as ho-hum as the insincere crooner of mid-'80s cheeseball ballads was grating. The underappreciated but ultimately more influential Madonna has always been the multifaceted feminist of "Deeper and Deeper," "Papa Don't Preach" and especially "Like a Prayer," who can't control her own desires, doesn't need to control yours, and blames her parents for any faults she cares to admit ("Oh Father").

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.salon.com.

First Prev
of 49
Next Last
khosrow

Lelystad, Netherlands

#1021 May 16, 2009
JMKC wrote:
For God's sake!
Make Cher and Madonna stop competing with each other on how far they can stretch the Grannies in see-thru smutty clothes!!!!!
Correction: I donít see why we should stop make Cher and Madonna stop competing with each other for proving that age has nothing to do with hot sex appeal.
khosrow

Lelystad, Netherlands

#1022 May 17, 2009
Madonna does it better in leotards and leggings. Why sings, looks, dances fabulous in them. I think she should never stop wearing them and never stop doing what she does.

Confession on the Dance Floor has sold over 12 million copies world wide and nearly a quarter of it in the US alone. Hung Up became one of the best selling singles ever. Hard Candy became the third best selling album last year and the singles from that album sold millions world wide. You canít ask for more relevance that that.

Bless Madonna the queen of the universe.
khosrow

Lelystad, Netherlands

#1023 May 18, 2009
Madonnaís albums and the intrinsic aspects of her total body of arts are far ahead of their times. She refers to the past, but does not allow the past to rule her. She is one of the most forward thinking artis.
love madge

Chatswood, Australia

#1024 May 24, 2009
totally. If your a teen and you cant see Madonna in a leotard...then change the channel.

As Madonna grows old...her fans do as well.
Emily
#1025 Jun 27, 2009
Madonna's Greatest Hits will be out September...called Iconography..
Queen of music
#1026 Jul 4, 2009
The Queen is now alone..:(
Lemon

Heesselt, Netherlands

#1027 Jul 7, 2009
The Queen always stands alone on her own. So did the King. It is sad that the king is gone though.We'll miss him.
Bless her Madjesty & Long live the Queen of the universe.

How many artists dare to extend a tour in the recession, and still manage to sellout shows/fill up most venues to over capacity? Mariah could not even fill up the small-town venues on her unemancipated tour.

Madonna makes fifty look fabulous.
Rick

Lyons, IL

#1028 Jul 8, 2009
I guess she still matters, otherwise why so many posts here, right? If she didn't matter, there would NOT a single comment here!!!!
Top 3
#1029 Aug 2, 2009
Rick wrote:
I guess she still matters, otherwise why so many posts here, right? If she didn't matter, there would NOT a single comment here!!!!
Yes and her new song Celebration is already TOP 10 in many countries and itunes...
khosrow

Heesselt, Netherlands

#1030 Aug 2, 2009
Celebration is starting all over right now. This song is heading for number 1.
theend

Pittsburgh, PA

#1031 Aug 2, 2009
&fe ature=channel_page
on her knees yes,,,matteres
Yes
#1032 Aug 9, 2009
i like her new single..Celebration
madonna lover

Chatswood, Australia

#1033 Aug 12, 2009
I dont like her single. Its been done. Its not original.
Its not cutting edge like her other stuff.

I think she really hasnt changed from Confessions. Which is my favorite album. "Get together" is my favorite song!!!

Love Madonna though. Love her!!!!
Summer in Los Angeles

Orange, CA

#1034 Aug 12, 2009
As a charting artist in America? Barely. As a live performer? Extremely so. As a money maker? Nobody does it better.
FACT

Toronto, Canada

#1036 Sep 14, 2010
Madonna's album sales up to December 2009 of 75 million in the USA and 200 million abroad- GUINNESS WORLDS RECORDS 2011

ON SALE USA/CANADA: SEPTEMBER 14TH 2010
ON SALE UK: SEPTEMBER 16TH 2010
ON SALE REST OF THE WORLD: STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 16TH 2010

Read more> http://simpleindulgence-learnmakeup.blogspot....
lex

Houston, TX

#1037 Sep 15, 2010
She obviously matter to all of us who read this and posted notes. All of you/us get it? By the way, she is not paying me, and yes, I am a huge fan, and yes she was bitchy for most of career, but she is the number one selling artist of all times and finished the most sucessful tour by a solo artist of all times, in 2009...The stick and sweet tour grossed almost 500 million dollars. She beat the old record...which was...hers!!! with the confessions tour in 2006. The latter beat the previously record by???? Cher, yes ,another old and not talented chick right? The latter just made 80 million dollars in Vegas...Cher sells out 4 nights every week when she is performing...since 2008!!! And now Lady Gaga...who is a phenomenal artist and has blew the competition out of the water. What is the main reason for their sucess? They are smart enough to embrace and cater to the gay guys. So advice to you young entertainers out there...you can make it without the gay support, but you will not be Cher, Madonna and Lagy Gaga...get it???

“Never go to my youtube channel”

Since: Sep 13

United Kingdom

#1038 Sep 23, 2013
Everybody cares less about Madonnah*e, she's past history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 49
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gospel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meyer's $57 million evangelism empire (Sep '09) Jul 20 Anonymous 18
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
God wants you to listen Jun '17 Darnel Bazil 1
News Madonna plays surprise concert in park for Hill... (Nov '16) Jun '17 WEDONTKNOW 45
News FCC fines Syracuse radio owner $20,000 after 'u... (Jun '16) May '17 ZIONIST MEDIA CABAL 4
News Christian music star David Phelps to play Calva... (Apr '06) May '17 Wheelinthesky 30
News Rev. Barber: 'Religious liberty' that licenses ... May '17 punani patrol 2
More from around the web