First United Methodist Church in Roys...

First United Methodist Church in Royse City is rich in architecture and beauty

There are 27 comments on the Examiner.com story from Apr 30, 2012, titled First United Methodist Church in Royse City is rich in architecture and beauty. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The First United Methodist Church in Royse City, Texas was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark with the Texas Historical Commission in 1978.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 May 7, 2012
Where are infant baptism and female pastors in the Bible?

www.roysecitycoc.org
LMAO

Haslet, TX

#2 May 7, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
Where are infant baptism and female pastors in the Bible?

www.roysecitycoc.org
Seriously! Do you always have a comment on every church posting? I would hate to see all the skeletons in your closet.

Location hidden

#3 May 8, 2012
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously! Do you always have a comment on every church posting? I would hate to see all the skeletons in your closet.
Those "skeletons" I've repented of and are washed away by the blood of the Lamb.

Acts 2:28; 22:16
Revelation 1:5

www.roysecitycoc.org
fact

Duncanville, TX

#4 May 8, 2012
Infant baptism is not for the forgiveness of sins...it is a dedication to raise the child in a Godly home and learning the word of God..along with the help of a congregation of the church and church family. It is merely a dedication service,

Give it up Heath. Nobody respects you as a person or pracher.

Location hidden

#5 May 8, 2012
fact wrote:
Infant baptism is not for the forgiveness of sins...it is a dedication to raise the child in a Godly home and learning the word of God..along with the help of a congregation of the church and church family. It is merely a dedication service,

Give it up Heath. Nobody respects you as a person or pracher.
Where is infant baptism for any reason commanded in the Bible?

Thanks for your kindness.

www.roysecitycoc.org
tangandchris

Irving, TX

#6 May 8, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>Where is infant baptism for any reason commanded in the Bible?

www.roysecitycoc.org
do you realize how damaging you are as a representative of religion and Christ? All I see you do on these boards is be judgmental and it breeds so much negativity.

Location hidden

#7 May 8, 2012
tangandchris wrote:
<quoted text>do you realize how damaging you are as a representative of religion and Christ? All I see you do on these boards is be judgmental and it breeds so much negativity.
Yes I do judge (John 7:24).

I challenge the conventional wisdom that people blindly follow.

I challenge people to step out of their religious comfort zone.

www.roysecitycoc.org
oh no

Terrell, TX

#8 May 8, 2012
it is not yours or anyone else's place to judge. states it right there in the Bible.

Location hidden

#9 May 8, 2012
oh no wrote:
it is not yours or anyone else's place to judge. states it right there in the Bible.
The teaches me to judge.

John 7:24

www.roysecitycoc.org
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#10 May 8, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do judge (John 7:24).
I challenge the conventional wisdom that people blindly follow.
I challenge people to step out of their religious comfort zone.
www.roysecitycoc.org
no, heath, you really don't. you're not half the challenge you've built yourself up in your mind to be. perhaps if you'd answer the questions posed to you in other threads honestly, openly and graciously, people might understand your viewpoint(s) and how you arrived at the point your at as a preacher of Royse City Church of Christ. they might even understand why you go out of your way to deride any other church other than the one you represent here.

Location hidden

#11 May 8, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>no, heath, you really don't. you're not half the challenge you've built yourself up in your mind to be. perhaps if you'd answer the questions posed to you in other threads honestly, openly and graciously, people might understand your viewpoint(s) and how you arrived at the point your at as a preacher of Royse City Church of Christ. they might even understand why you go out of your way to deride any other church other than the one you represent here.
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.(Romans 1:27 NKJV)
fact

Dallas, TX

#12 May 8, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is infant baptism for any reason commanded in the Bible?
www.roysecitycoc.org
It is NOT infant baptism...it is dedication to the Lord...Period
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#13 May 9, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.(Romans 1:27 NKJV)
again off topic. do try to stick to one subject.

or are you just obsessed with this because of something you're feeling deep inside you want to confess to heath? come on, we'll understand.

Location hidden

#14 May 9, 2012
fact wrote:
<quoted text>It is NOT infant baptism...it is dedication to the Lord...Period
The Methodists have given up infant baptism???

That's a step in the right direction. No more sprinkling water on babies' heads, right?

www.roysecitycoc.org
fact

Fort Worth, TX

#15 May 9, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Methodists have given up infant baptism???
That's a step in the right direction. No more sprinkling water on babies' heads, right?
www.roysecitycoc.org
IT has NEVER been infant baptism.......it is infant dedication to God by the child's parents publicly stating to promose to raise the child with the word of God and in a Godly home....and with the help of other church people to support and love this child dedicated to God.

Location hidden

#16 May 10, 2012
fact wrote:
<quoted text>
IT has NEVER been infant baptism.......it is infant dedication to God by the child's parents publicly stating to promose to raise the child with the word of God and in a Godly home....and with the help of other church people to support and love this child dedicated to God.
So if I ask the Methodist pastor if it is infant baptism she will say no, right?

www.roysecitycoc.org
fact

Plano, TX

#17 May 10, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I ask the Methodist pastor if it is infant baptism she will say no, right?

www.roysecitycoc.org
ask one and see!
fact

Plano, TX

#18 May 12, 2012
OK Heath...and the Methodist preacher said ....______

Location hidden

#19 May 14, 2012
fact wrote:
OK Heath...and the Methodist preacher said ....______
I've not asked yet. I'll let you know.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Solution

Dallas, TX

#20 May 16, 2012
Heath, perhaps your time would be much better spent IF you concentrated on the lost souls who do NOT know Christ instead of those who DO know him just under a different heading than yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gospel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gospel Music Recommendations Like Life of Pablo? 4 hr Mallinz 1
News Ask Billboard: Remember When Prince & Madonna R... May 1 Amused Octopus 1
News Top 5 Concerts of the Coming Week Apr 14 Lucy Jane 1
News The Mother's Day-industrial complex Apr 14 Jannie Ann 1
News Musical Builds Bridges Between Civil Rights Era... Feb '16 Blow my shofar 2
News Artist arrested for posing naked beside paintin... Jan '16 Dr Wu 8
News Christian music star David Phelps to play Calva... (Apr '06) Nov '15 Earthquake 25
More from around the web