The Muslim Jesus

The Muslim Jesus

There are 247 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Mar 27, 2013, titled The Muslim Jesus. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

The Christian world celebrates the resurrection of Jesus in the festival of Easter. For almost all Christians, Jesus is the Son of God who died to save mankind. Islam rejects this belief and views Jesus, also known as Isa, as a Prophet and the Messiah of the Israelites. So who was this Muslim Jesus? ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

spocko

Oakland, CA

#235 Aug 14, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're backpeddling away from your original claim, bubba.
You wrote:
"....Jesus, as well as god only exist in the believer's mind as opposed to scientifically minded people who are looking for something a bit more concrete -- the notion of a "God" is preposterous!"
You still haven't refuted Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion or offered a rebuttal to the fact that no credible historian, secular or theological, has ever asserted that Jesus never existed.
No back peddling here you simply do not comprehend my post and, by the way, there were a number of mystics around the time by the name of Jesus as the chroniclers of the time attest to!
PATX

Carmel, ME

#236 Aug 14, 2013
Quoting a Muslim who write for the Huffington Post is not empirical evidence that the Quran is correct in it's interpretation of who Jesus was.

What I find interesting is that you refer to the Quran calling him Jesus 'Christ'. Christ, the Anointed One. And who did God anoint in the Bible? Prophets-yes! Kings-yes! The Messiah-yes! Did Jesus prophesy-yes! Did He claim a crown-no! Was He the Messiah-that's what Christians believe.

And who is the Messiah? He is the deliverer of the JEWS. And who does He deliver the JEWS from? From arrogant followers of a false religion who presume to know what God's intent is-that's who.

You Muslims have a hard time comprehending what your own religious text says. You need to mind your own arrogant business, and leave the Jews and we Christians alone. We will make it to judgement day just fine without your Muslim lipservice.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#237 Aug 14, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you bring up some interesting points. Let's start from the last one to your earlier assertions. We, as a compendium of humans, know very little about the earth and universe around us. We know some things -- not much. For some of us, it is logical to believe in God as the Primary Cause, who has no one before Him. Science is continually exploring and revising their teachings and findings. Not to say science has not made advances; it has in many cases.
Actually we now know quite a lot about this universe. What we don't know is just how much more there is to learn.

It's logical to simply accept that we don't know how the universe began. It could have been a God or it could just be a quirk of physics.
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
The universe doesn't NEED a Creator. It HAS a creator.
But is that creator God or just physics?
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
The Creator does not need a Creator. That's what makes Him inexplicable as far as we humans are concerned; He is God Almighty, we did not create Him. He is God.
If a God can just exist without explanation then why not some spark that started a chain reaction which resulted in the Big Bang?

Invoking God just creates another mystery which needs explaining. Why does a God powerful enough and intelligent enough to create a universe just exist without cause?
The God hypothesis solves nothing.
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
WE have a beginning -- WE as humans come from the joining of a sperm and an egg. Now think about this: Together these substances combine to make another human, right? Before that combination, the human that subsequently would develop from that joining did not in reality exist. Therefore, since we have a beginning both of mind and body, it is simply impossible to understand something that does NOT have a beginning. Simple deduction will tell you that.
So we may never understand how it all began? Ok but that doesn't prove there's a God.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#238 Aug 14, 2013
According to the teaching of the Quran no Muslim can enter into paradise!
For no Muslim can fulfill the requirements of the Quran.

Islam is the only true religion brought by all of the prophets of Almighty God [Allah]. They all preached a message of total surrender to the One and Only True God of the Universe. If the person lived the life of "Surrender, Submission and Obedience to the Almighty, in Sincerity and Peace"; then they in fact, lived as a true Muslim without ever knowing the Arabic terms.

No Muslim has ever fulfilled those above requirements set in the Quran!

sincerity
noun honesty, truth, candour, frankness, seriousness, good faith, probity, bona fides, genuineness, straightforwardness, artlessness, guilelessness, wholeheartedness free from duplicity.

Duplicity:
Related to DUPLICITY
Synonymsartifice, cheating, cozenage, craft, craftiness, crookedness, crookery, cunning, cunningness, deceitfulness, deception, deceptiveness, dishonesty, dissembling, dissimulation, double-dealing, dupery, deceit, fakery, foxiness, fraud, guile, guilefulness, wilinessAntonymsartlessness, forthrightness, good faith, guilelessness, ingenuousness, sincerity

Related Wordsequivocation, lying, mendacity, prevarication; chicane, chicanery, fraudulence, hanky-panky, jugglery, legerdemain, mountebankery, obliquity, skulduggery (or skullduggery), subterfuge, swindling, trickery, wile; falsehood, falsity, fib, untruth; hypocrisy, insincerity, sanctimoniousness, two-facedness; artfulness, caginess (also cageyness), deviousness, shrewdness; treacherousness, underhandedness, unscrupulousness; covertness, furtiveness, secrecy, shadiness, sneakiness, stealthiness; oiliness, shiftiness, slickness, slipperiness, slyness, smoothnessNear Antonymscandidness, candor, directness, frankness, openness, plainness, plainspokenness; honesty, probity; dependability, reliability, reliableness, solidity, trustability, trustiness, trustworthiness; decency, goodness, incorruptibility, integrity, righteousness, truthfulness, uprightness, virtuousness
more

Other Legal Terms
actionable, alienable, carceral, chattel, complicity, decedent, larceny, malfeasance, modus operandi

Muslims cannot be sincere in their surrender and submission to Allah and yet posses those inborn natural traits in their character.

So by Muhammad's own words the Muslim religion of Islam is a complete farce!

Location hidden

#239 Aug 14, 2013
Mujahid wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: What does the Quran say about Jesus?
Answer: In the Quran, there are many stories about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ (called 'Isa in Arabic). The Quran recalls his miraculous birth, his teachings, the miracles he performed by God's permission, and his life as a respected prophet of God. The Quran also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by God, not part of God Himself...
Actually the Quran says surprisingly little about the life of Jesus.

According to Islam Jesus was just another prophet and not the Son of God as claimed by Christians.

004.171: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him:(far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Yet the Quran's stories about him suggest he was anything but just another prophet.

The Quran states he is born to a virgin.

03.047: She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it,'Be,' and it is!

Why?
None of the other prophets were born to a virgin and there is no reason for Jesus to be any different.

Then we are told Jesus spoke as a baby!

019.029/33: But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
"And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
"(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
"So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

As a child he makes clay birds which he breathes life into.

005.110:...and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave...

He heals the sick and raises the dead (though no examples are given).

5.110:... and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave...

Then we get the biggest disagreement with the Bible.
The Quran states Jesus did not die on the cross but people were fooled into believing he was!

004.157: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
004.158: Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
004.159: And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Why were people fooled?
What actually happened? Did someone else die or did Jesus just survive the crucifixion?
Why was Jesus being crucified anyway?
There's a big story missing here.

Surely Jesus story is worth more than this?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#240 Aug 14, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we now know quite a lot about this universe. What we don't know is just how much more there is to learn.
It's logical to simply accept that we don't know how the universe began. It could have been a God or it could just be a quirk of physics.
That is a most interesting posit, that it could have been God who began the universe or it could have simply been a quirk of physics. A quirk of physics, you say is a possibility? But then -- and it's a very big then -- where did that first most important piece that purportedly expanded by itself, made from that beginning by non-design (accident, if it's just a quirk) the magnetic forces keeping these humongous pieces of matter maneuvering quite successfully in their places, expanding, etc., by some "quirk" of physics, you say may have happened? I doubt it.

But -- then -- even better -- where did that first particle of this expanding and inexplicable as of yet quirk of physics come from? This one piece of matter that expanded, multiplied, made gasses, moons, stars, suns, this first particle just happened to be there? <smile>

Location hidden

#241 Aug 14, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
Why does a God powerful enough and intelligent enough to create a universe just exist without cause?
Let me see if I understand that question, so I will rephrase. Why does a God who is purportedly powerful enough, etc., to create a universe not have a maker? If I do not understand your thought, please explain what you mean that this God might "just exist without cause?" Cause for what? His own existence? Or that He himself does not have a FIRST CAUSE that made HIM? Just trying to understand.
Igor Trip wrote:
The God hypothesis solves nothing.
Again, a very interesting thought you present. Because -- if it is simply a hypothesis then you are right. But if it is NOT a hypothesis (i.e., if God can and does communicate with humans somehow -- and I won't go into detail about that in this post certainly), then God's existence is not a hypothesis. Peace.

Location hidden

#242 Aug 15, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I understand that question, so I will rephrase. Why does a God who is purportedly powerful enough, etc., to create a universe not have a maker? If I do not understand your thought, please explain what you mean that this God might "just exist without cause?" Cause for what? His own existence? Or that He himself does not have a FIRST CAUSE that made HIM? Just trying to understand.
<quoted text>
Again, a very interesting thought you present. Because -- if it is simply a hypothesis then you are right. But if it is NOT a hypothesis (i.e., if God can and does communicate with humans somehow -- and I won't go into detail about that in this post certainly), then God's existence is not a hypothesis. Peace.
Theists seem happy with the idea that a God can just exist without explanation but the universe can't. To me that makes no sense and is just the fallacy of special pleading.

A quirk of physics just seems simpler to me than a God and thus more likely to just exist for (as yet) reasons unknown.

God is not nothing. He does need to be explained.

Location hidden

#243 Aug 15, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Theists seem happy with the idea that a God can just exist without explanation but the universe can't. To me that makes no sense and is just the fallacy of special pleading.
A quirk of physics just seems simpler to me than a God and thus more likely to just exist for (as yet) reasons unknown.
God is not nothing. He does need to be explained.
He explains himself, both by creation and by the prophets and others who wrote down events and inspired utterances (in the Bible), the collection of these writings have been protected by God. But it is worth investigating the Bible to see history and prophecy.

As a side note, it is virtually impossible for any of us to explain ourselves. The greatest artists, the greatest thinkers cannot explain themselves. They just ARE. We had nothing to do with our own birth, or our beginning experiences in life. Science is often probing these mysteries, and come up with a couple of conclusions, but really no one needs to or can explain himself. A man is known by his actions (usually). Or, if he is in a vegetative or comatose state, he is known by his appearance and/or his need to be helped to stay alive by others. Not so with God. He already told us that we cannot see Him as we are alive on this earth, yet we can know Him by His creation.

If I see a dark cloud on the horizon I think that maybe it will rain. If I see a sunshiny sky without any clouds, I think it probably won't rain. I don't need to understand much about the weather to know that dark clouds in the sky means something different than a clear sky. Similarly, if I cannot really understand all these things but only have a presumptive glimmer of them and what they mean, why do you think I should know more about God? He tells us who He is. That is, if you believe what the Bible says. And it is open to question. Many things in the Bible have been misunderstood and misinterpreted.
frank

Oakland, CA

#244 Aug 15, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
He explains himself, both by creation and by the prophets and others who wrote down events and inspired utterances (in the Bible), the collection of these writings have been protected by God. But it is worth investigating the Bible to see history and prophecy.
As a side note, it is virtually impossible for any of us to explain ourselves. The greatest artists, the greatest thinkers cannot explain themselves. They just ARE. We had nothing to do with our own birth, or our beginning experiences in life. Science is often probing these mysteries, and come up with a couple of conclusions, but really no one needs to or can explain himself. A man is known by his actions (usually). Or, if he is in a vegetative or comatose state, he is known by his appearance and/or his need to be helped to stay alive by others. Not so with God. He already told us that we cannot see Him as we are alive on this earth, yet we can know Him by His creation.
If I see a dark cloud on the horizon I think that maybe it will rain. If I see a sunshiny sky without any clouds, I think it probably won't rain. I don't need to understand much about the weather to know that dark clouds in the sky means something different than a clear sky. Similarly, if I cannot really understand all these things but only have a presumptive glimmer of them and what they mean, why do you think I should know more about God? He tells us who He is. That is, if you believe what the Bible says. And it is open to question. Many things in the Bible have been misunderstood and misinterpreted.
You are, no doubt, a certifiable friggen lunatic ...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#245 Aug 15, 2013
The irony, of course, is that all of us will be replaced by natural selection, the very process these fools are rejecting in their blessed ignorance, as it acts solely by the preservation of profitable modifications, each new form will tend in a fully-stocked country to take the place of, and finally to exterminate, its own less improved parent or other less-favored forms with which it comes into competition. Thus extinction and natural selection will, as we have seen, go hand in hand. Hence, if we look at each species as descended from some other unknown form, both the parent and all the transitional varieties will generally have been exterminated by the very process of formation and perfection of the new form. It is not a matter of if – but when.:-)

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#246 Aug 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
No back peddling here you simply do not comprehend my post and, by the way, there were a number of mystics around the time by the name of Jesus as the chroniclers of the time attest to!
Clearly you were definitely back peddling from the comment you posted earlier claiming

"....Jesus, as well as god only exist in the believer's mind as opposed to scientifically minded people who are looking for something a bit more concrete -- the notion of a "God" is preposterous!"

It's pathetic and desperate to lie about it by about by claiming I did not comprehend your post when everyone can see what you wrote for themselves, bubba.

Location hidden

#247 Aug 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
The irony, of course, is that all of us will be replaced by natural selection, the very process these fools are rejecting in their blessed ignorance, as it acts solely by the preservation of profitable modifications, each new form will tend in a fully-stocked country to take the place of, and finally to exterminate, its own less improved parent or other less-favored forms with which it comes into competition. Thus extinction and natural selection will, as we have seen, go hand in hand. Hence, if we look at each species as descended from some other unknown form, both the parent and all the transitional varieties will generally have been exterminated by the very process of formation and perfection of the new form. It is not a matter of if – but when.:-)
Ah so are you frank, who must insult in order to be heard?:-) Regardless, if what you say is true, there is no reason to discuss much with you about anything regarding religion. Except when I can or want to I will say why I believe in an Almighty God, over all things. Based on my observation, including your conversations--frank or spocko--I see no reason to not believe in a mighty creator, the beginning cause of all things, including that speck of matter that "started it all." (If that's what you believe.) Nothing comes from nothing. To make this clearer, it is impossible for a speck of matter to have expanded, coming from nothing, into a fabulous universe without a Mighty Force behind this entire event. Spocko.
connie

Houston, TX

#248 Aug 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The Quran confirms that Allah the Muslim god and Muslims are the Anti-Christ.
Antichrist
The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7. The Apostle John was the only Bible writer to use the name antichrist. Studying these verses, we learn that many antichrists (false teachers) will appear between the time of Christ's first and Second Coming, but there will be one great antichrist who will rise to power during the end times, or "last hour," as 1 John phrases it. He will deny that Jesus is the Christ. He will deny both God the Father and God the Son. He will be a liar and a deceiver.
1 John 4:1-3 says, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world." (NKJV)
By the end times, many will easily be deceived and embrace the antichrist because his spirit will
muslims believe that jesus was of God and the Messiah also. Muslims do not deny the God that Jesus worshiped and bowed down to-they worship the same God and pray in a similar way.

Location hidden

#249 Aug 16, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah so are you frank, who must insult in order to be heard?:-) Regardless, if what you say is true, there is no reason to discuss much with you about anything regarding religion. Except when I can or want to I will say why I believe in an Almighty God, over all things. Based on my observation, including your conversations--frank or spocko--I see no reason to not believe in a mighty creator, the beginning cause of all things, including that speck of matter that "started it all." (If that's what you believe.) Nothing comes from nothing. To make this clearer, it is impossible for a speck of matter to have expanded, coming from nothing, into a fabulous universe without a Mighty Force behind this entire event. Spocko.
If it's impossible for the universe to come from nothing then why isn't it impossible for God to come from nothing?
If a mighty force can just exist without explanation why can't this be the energy of the universe (which as far as we know can't be created or destroyed) rather than a God?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#250 Aug 16, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Your argument is entirely self-serving and does not past the test of reason - and you are smart enough to know and understand that!It’s not so much believing in God that is irrational, it is the arguments used! They are not only irrational but entirely absent of critical thinking – it’s right up there with the old argument “there are no elephants in my house because I have an elephant gun.” One does not need Gawd to develop a sense of gratitude. The reason religion works with the masses, other than indoctrination from birth, is that there are things outside of our control and understanding. I do not need Gawd to understand that our greatest responsibility is to do the best we can to improve ourselves and our world -- here and now.

Location hidden

#253 Aug 16, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's impossible for the universe to come from nothing then why isn't it impossible for God to come from nothing?
The Bible says (and that's what I go by -- also, it makes sense to me), that God is from everlasting to everlasting.

Psalm 90:2 - "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."

If I understood how that is, I guess I'd be equal to God. But I bring this down to a simple level, I suppose. I was not here when the earth was formed. I also had to learn to walk, talk, feed myself, etc. My mind and consciousness are continuing to be developed. I know that I was not existing before I was formed in the womb of my mother. In fact, I don't remember being born; I don't remember the hospital, etc. What does that prove? That I am finite, that is how we are made in that sense.

But Psalm 90:2 speaks of God being from everlasting to everlasting. Not so humans. We also know we have an end, and we know we have a beginning as persons. God, being God, can give everlasting life to those whom He chooses.
Igor Trip wrote:
If a mighty force can just exist without explanation why can't this be the energy of the universe (which as far as we know can't be created or destroyed) rather than a God?
Because there is a purpose. Thank you, by the way, for your politeness. It makes talking to you a pleasure.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#254 Aug 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you were definitely back peddling from the comment you posted earlier claiming
It's pathetic and desperate to lie about it by about by claiming I did not comprehend your post when everyone can see what you wrote for themselves, bubba.
What a pathetic moron, your inability to comprehend anything more complicated than a door mat is now my fault?!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#255 Aug 16, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says (and that's what I go by -- also, it makes sense to me), that God is from everlasting to everlasting.
Psalm 90:2 - "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."
If I understood how that is, I guess I'd be equal to God. But I bring this down to a simple level, I suppose. I was not here when the earth was formed. I also had to learn to walk, talk, feed myself, etc. My mind and consciousness are continuing to be developed. I know that I was not existing before I was formed in the womb of my mother. In fact, I don't remember being born; I don't remember the hospital, etc. What does that prove? That I am finite, that is how we are made in that sense.
But Psalm 90:2 speaks of God being from everlasting to everlasting. Not so humans. We also know we have an end, and we know we have a beginning as persons. God, being God, can give everlasting life to those whom He chooses.
<quoted text>
Because there is a purpose. Thank you, by the way, for your politeness. It makes talking to you a pleasure.
I will let you in on a secret little grasshopper, forget your imaginary god, you must go beyond Lao Tzu and Buddha beyond Buddhism and Taoism, beyond right and wrong, good and evil, death and life, everything ... and nothing. LOL!

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#256 Aug 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pathetic moron, your inability to comprehend anything more complicated than a door mat is now my fault?!
Denial, deflection, hand waving, red herrings, straw men, and ad hominem ad nauseum....you've outed yourself, bubba. Take a hike, troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gospel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meyer's $57 million evangelism empire (Sep '09) Thu Anonymous 18
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 19 JacquelineDeane55 1
God wants you to listen Jun '17 Darnel Bazil 1
News Madonna plays surprise concert in park for Hill... (Nov '16) Jun '17 WEDONTKNOW 45
News FCC fines Syracuse radio owner $20,000 after 'u... (Jun '16) May '17 ZIONIST MEDIA CABAL 4
News Christian music star David Phelps to play Calva... (Apr '06) May '17 Wheelinthesky 30
News Rev. Barber: 'Religious liberty' that licenses ... May '17 punani patrol 2
More from around the web