More than 100 registered sex offender...

More than 100 registered sex offenders live or work in Franklin...

There are 115 comments on the Public Opinion story from Dec 12, 2009, titled More than 100 registered sex offenders live or work in Franklin.... In it, Public Opinion reports that:

More than 100 registered sex offenders either live or work in almost every township and borough in Franklin County, according to listings on Pennsylvania's Megan's Law Web site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

look it up

Furlong, PA

#26 Dec 13, 2009
Gram wrote:
How about a list of names!!!!!
To see a list follow the writers advice. If you are not computer literate (or don't have internet access), maybe you know someone who is.

From the article:
"To see a complete list of Franklin County's registered sex offenders, check out the state's Megan's Law Web site at http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us ."
Mom of 20

Carlisle, PA

#27 Dec 13, 2009
playing with fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Live right and you don't have to worry. Be promiscuous and trouble will follow. The old adage "if you play with fire, you will get burned" doesn't say it will always be "fair."
I feel as a parent it is my job to inform my children of the laws.
I refuse to set them up for failure.
mom of 2

Rahway, NJ

#31 Dec 13, 2009
I DONT KNOW JEN BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE A DISCRIMMINATION CASE TO ME!!!! WHY IS IT THAT SHE WAS SINGLED OUT; OUT OF 100 SEXUAL OFFENDERS AND HER NAME WAS THE ONLY ONE LISTED??? SOUNDS LIKE DISCRIMMINATION TO ME!
WAAAA

Carlisle, PA

#32 Dec 13, 2009
mom of 2 wrote:
I DONT KNOW JEN BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE A DISCRIMMINATION CASE TO ME!!!! WHY IS IT THAT SHE WAS SINGLED OUT; OUT OF 100 SEXUAL OFFENDERS AND HER NAME WAS THE ONLY ONE LISTED??? SOUNDS LIKE DISCRIMMINATION TO ME!
the website was given listing all the offenders, that is hardly discrimination.
juicy fruit

Carlisle, PA

#33 Dec 13, 2009
I have been looking at Jennifer Ortega's face for the last 2 years via Megan's Law. Nothing posted in this article is information that I didn't already know.
read it

Waynesboro, PA

#34 Dec 13, 2009
WAAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
the website was given listing all the offenders, that is hardly discrimination.
Did you even take time to read the complete article?? Or is that too much of an effort for you.

Maybe you just like to come on here and add you 2 cents which don't even amount to 1 cent.

Read the article before commenting, then you won't look like you don't know what you are talking about!!
mom of 2

Rahway, NJ

#35 Dec 13, 2009
WAAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
the website was given listing all the offenders, that is hardly discrimination.
THEN.... I GUESS THEY SHOULD HAVE LISTED THEM, TOOO NOT JUST 1 PERSON!!! DON'T KNOW THE GIRL, BUT WHATS RIGHT IS RIGHT, SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SINGLED OUT!!!
older and wiser

Plainfield, NJ

#36 Dec 13, 2009
sell more papers wrote:
Pretty sad that the Public Opinion and Vicky Taylor has to print articles like this to increase paper sales. Now maybe they can sell some papers, because everybody wants to read about this. Right Vicky?
And when these people who you had to show off, lose their job because of your article, then what. Oh yeah, thats right, we can support them with our taxes, because nobody will hire them.
Yeah they made a horrible mistake, but sometimes there are circumstances that we don't don't know about.
Do you know that a boy the age of 18 who has consentual sex with a younger girl, can be arrested and charged as a sex offender and registered with Megan's Law? Even if the girl has told him that she is older than she actually is, and the boy believes her. He is now a registered sex offender. Yeah, it has happened and probably will again.
Violent sexual predators are the scum of the earth, BUT sometimes people are charged and get a bad rap because of lies and lousy lawyers.
Way to go Vicky, You sure know how to sell papers!!!
Agreed! And sometimes, people are falsely accused. You can be accused and have it go to court with NO evidence on the so called "victim's" part. The DAs around here will do their darnest to have any evidence you may have on your side kept from the jury, and they'll let that "victim" lie and twist the truth to rebutt any testimony that might vindicate the accused...and when the jury comes back split...then they'll offer to make a deal. By then, many just take it...a couple of months rather than continue to fight and maybe lose. It's happened right here in Franklin Co. more than once.
So, anytime I see someone's name in the paper, I have to wonder about the real story. tHose with more than one witness/victim, and actual physical evidence against them...well I don't wonder so much.
mark

Morgantown, WV

#37 Dec 13, 2009
Why don't you report a list of some of the crimes that landed these people on this list. I think a lot of people would be surprised to find out that a lot of these people are not dangerous child molesters. The list of crimes that can land one on this list is hugh and many of them have little or nothing to do with sex. Public urination for example. Teenagers having sex with one another, and a whole host of crimes that do not indicate that one is a danger to the community. But why let facts get in the way of a good scary story. We all love to hate.
I know

Waynesboro, PA

#38 Dec 13, 2009
mom of 2 wrote:
I DONT KNOW JEN BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE A DISCRIMMINATION CASE TO ME!!!! WHY IS IT THAT SHE WAS SINGLED OUT; OUT OF 100 SEXUAL OFFENDERS AND HER NAME WAS THE ONLY ONE LISTED??? SOUNDS LIKE DISCRIMMINATION TO ME!
It sound like a good question for Vicky Taylor, but we will never know why she chose Jen.

This will probably be shut down soon, because of people questioning Vicky's reasoning.
older and wiser

Plainfield, NJ

#39 Dec 13, 2009
cutie wrote:
<quoted text> You really don't know of anyone that has done something so horrible to young children, DO YOU? Cause if you did, you would feel the same way as us.
You know, I was sexually abused as a child by an older teenage babysitter. There is forgiveness because I chose to do so and take my power back. I am not a victim and refuse to think like one.
Looking back, I really believe he'd abused in the same way. I don't hate him and now pray that he got help
WAAA

Carlisle, PA

#40 Dec 13, 2009
oh i read it -
Walter James Myers Jr was mentioned
Daniel Diaz' was mentioned as well as Jennifer Ortega

the website for all 100 sex offenders was also included in the article
sounds like you got a case of the POOR ME's.

SICKO
WAAA

Carlisle, PA

#41 Dec 13, 2009
mom of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>THEN.... I GUESS THEY SHOULD HAVE LISTED THEM, TOOO NOT JUST 1 PERSON!!! DON'T KNOW THE GIRL, BUT WHATS RIGHT IS RIGHT, SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SINGLED OUT!!!
reading comprehension and counting ==learn it, moron
older and wiser

Plainfield, NJ

#42 Dec 13, 2009
grilled cheese wrote:
Why do I need to know if someone in my neighborhood has been convicted of a sex offense, but not, say, beating someone to death with a baseball bat ? Shouldn't they both be considered dangerous, or should both be left alone because they did their time ?
Agreed. How many murderers, attempted murderers, Spouse abusers,arsonists etc. live in the neighborhood
moses

Carlisle, PA

#43 Dec 13, 2009
older and wiser wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. How many murderers, attempted murderers, Spouse abusers,arsonists etc. live in the neighborhood
Jesus said it would be like this. The End of Times Is Near.
I know

Waynesboro, PA

#44 Dec 13, 2009
WAAA wrote:
oh i read it -
Walter James Myers Jr was mentioned
Daniel Diaz' was mentioned as well as Jennifer Ortega
the website for all 100 sex offenders was also included in the article
sounds like you got a case of the POOR ME's.
SICKO
Why the POOR ME's? I have never been in trouble with the law for anything. I work and support myself and I'm content with my life.

I am wise enough to know that things are not always what they appear to be. And we are not to be judgemental and spread untruths about other people.

You on the other hand like to pick and complain about a lot of things. I very rarely comment, but I do like to read other people's comments to see if there is more to the story than what the PO prints. I ususally remember people who have nothing good to say about anyone.

You WAAA name shows your immaturity level when it comes to name calling.

Have a great evening WAAA WAAA. I need to get ready for work.
cutie

Carlisle, PA

#46 Dec 13, 2009
look it up wrote:
<quoted text>
To see a list follow the writers advice. If you are not computer literate (or don't have internet access), maybe you know someone who is.
From the article:
"To see a complete list of Franklin County's registered sex offenders, check out the state's Megan's Law Web site at http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us ."
NOT ALL NAMES are on the website due to they are still in jail; but whenever released it will be then.....
mom of 2

Rahway, NJ

#47 Dec 13, 2009
WAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
reading comprehension and counting ==learn it, moron
OOOOKKK WAAAAA THEY LISTED 3 OUT OF "ABOUT 100" YOU'RE THE EFFIN MATH NERD DO THE MATH, I GUESS WE COULD SAY 3 WERE SINGLED OUT; OUT OF ABOUT 100 DO THE MATH, HMMMM STILL 3 SINGLED OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 97+?? I HOPE YOUR CALCULATOR CAN FIGURE THAT ONE OUT!! RE**RD
Corporate

South Plainfield, NJ

#50 Dec 13, 2009
I'm rather surprised the PO is allowing discussion on this topic. Usually anytime a group of criminals are faced with public ridicule, the PO rushes into censor the public. See the drug dealing scum bags who were caught a few weeks back for example.

I would have expected the bleeding heart, "these people are just misunderstood" line lmao.
Healthy health nut

Indianapolis, IN

#51 Dec 13, 2009
sell more papers wrote:
And when these people who you had to show off, lose their job because of your article, then what. Oh yeah, thats right, we can support them with our taxes, because nobody will hire them.
Yeah they made a horrible mistake, but sometimes there are circumstances that we don't don't know about.
Do you know that a boy the age of 18 who has consentual sex with a younger girl, can be arrested and charged as a sex offender and registered with Megan's Law? Even if the girl has told him that she is older than she actually is, and the boy believes her. He is now a registered sex offender. Yeah, it has happened and probably will again.
Violent sexual predators are the scum of the earth, BUT sometimes people are charged and get a bad rap because of lies and lousy lawyers.
I have no problem recognizing that there are people out there who compulsively engage in or pursue sexual relationships with children (CURRENT EDUCATION CZAR!). For the most part, however, the culture's current fascination with labeling people as sex offenders is nothing more than a witch hunt to keep the weak-minded occupied. Sort of like the search for communists in the 50's; fear of rock and roll in the 60s; freaking out over free love in the 70's; the meaning of big hair in the 80's; the evil of hip hop in the 90's...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Cybernetic Brain and Implant Revolution (Mar '15) May 14 thyru6534 5
News Furion Motorcycle's Awesome Hybrid Rotary Concept May 9 Solarman 1
News Ecoped eBike travels 60km on single charge (Feb '09) Apr '17 mrrighttype1 35
News Need a way to unplug? Austin moms want you to g... Mar '17 AustinPhartss 1
News From fentanyl to illegal firearms: Top 5 Manito... Jan '17 The Ghostof DonBa... 4
News Saskatoon Library Launches Read for Reconciliat... Jan '17 Sarah Pale-Face -... 8
News Don't Call It Krautrock (Mar '10) Jan '17 tony briar mitchell 2
More from around the web