Merrol Ray & Regulators Rock the Depot

Merrol Ray & Regulators Rock the Depot

There are 11 comments on the In Paris Texas story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Merrol Ray & Regulators Rock the Depot. In it, In Paris Texas reports that:

The Paris, Texas music scene has been thriving this summer and The Depot has been a mainstay when it comes to the hottest shows around! This installment of electrified party tunes was provided by Justin Bowerman and Merrol Ray & the Regulators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at In Paris Texas.

Critic in the Corner

Paris, TX

#1 Aug 27, 2012
One more same ol' same ol' predictible material. I have always expected something more from this group but feel like they are still in labor and just aren't able to deliver. I've hoped for something witty and original. I like to be able to hear and understand the words to the songs being performed. This group looks like they just finished up with that last bale of hay they've been hauling all day, rolled right out of the field, and jumped up on stage "to sing a little bit for the nice folks that came out tonight". True redneck at it's finest. If that's what you're lookin' for ma'am, that's what you get! Seems to be a nice bunch but the tall guy with the deep voice is his own biggest fan.He seems to be the troubled sort, "Do I keep the sideburns, or just shave the dang things off"? Oh, "What a decision and it's tearing me apart." "I wanna be a bad boy, but I just don't know how." Some of the songs were catchy and with some professional coaching could go places....I just don't get the vibe they want to go anywhere. Every town needs a good downhome group that are who they are and are going to stay that way. Nothing wrong with that.
Julie

Sulphur, OK

#2 Aug 27, 2012
He has a Tat on his arm about Jesus but cusses like a sailor!! What does that say??
Tom

United States

#3 Aug 27, 2012
Julie. It tells me that you are a bar slut. If a tat and cussing offends you, then leave robert Allen's and go to church. These guys work hard and rock our. Stop being a turd and enjoy the music. MR rocks!!!
not joking

Paris, TX

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Critic in the Corner wrote:
One more same ol' same ol' predictible material. I have always expected something more from this group but feel like they are still in labor and just aren't able to deliver. I've hoped for something witty and original. I like to be able to hear and understand the words to the songs being performed. This group looks like they just finished up with that last bale of hay they've been hauling all day, rolled right out of the field, and jumped up on stage "to sing a little bit for the nice folks that came out tonight". True redneck at it's finest. If that's what you're lookin' for ma'am, that's what you get! Seems to be a nice bunch but the tall guy with the deep voice is his own biggest fan.He seems to be the troubled sort, "Do I keep the sideburns, or just shave the dang things off"? Oh, "What a decision and it's tearing me apart." "I wanna be a bad boy, but I just don't know how." Some of the songs were catchy and with some professional coaching could go places....I just don't get the vibe they want to go anywhere. Every town needs a good downhome group that are who they are and are going to stay that way. Nothing wrong with that.
one question.... why so serious?
Ilovetexas

Austin, TX

#5 Aug 28, 2012
Ok, last I checked this was Paris, Texas a typical Small Town, USA but Texas Style. Merrol Ray & the Regulators are a GREAT local band!So what if they dress in ripped up jeans & old cut off shirts & so what if they look like they just got done working in the hay fields! For all we know maybe they did! These men don't play for the money, they play for the fans & the people.They all work regular jobs to support themselves & their families. If you want to judge them fine, thats your business but keep your opinions to yourself! But I hope you & that Julie person who commented know what the bible says about judging others...“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; Luke 6:37
No one in this world is perfect! We all make mistakes, we all live with regrets and we all have a past!
Let me ask you this...Have you personally met Merrol Ray? Do you even know him? I am sure if you do know him or have met him you would know exactly what a nice guy he is & all he is doing is making fans happy by sharing his music! That is EXACTLY what a MUSCIAN is supposed to do in my opinion.....I am a PROUD Merrol Ray & the Regulators fan & supporter.......
Tom

Princeton, TX

#6 Aug 28, 2012
M ray is a cool dude. We use to ride motorcycles when the Honda shop was on 82 and the loop. He was good when he was 16 and much better now. This guy can rock out!!!
Nofree ride

Arlington, TX

#7 Aug 28, 2012
Evidently Paris can't identify true Texas talent, I'll admit I miss MFN, but Merroll has talent, he has always amazed me with his skills. His reputation beyond the lame Lamar county exposure is growing, I live in the Dallas area and we'll support him, he has a following here and we pay to see him. I have a tattoo, and it says what you can do with your opinion. Merrol ray, keep doing what your doing! I can't say Paris sucks, I was born there, but there are some people who just can't stand to see someone succeed. They suck!
Julie

Sulphur, OK

#8 Aug 30, 2012
Ha, I am far from a bar slut. I have never heard him sing & don't want to. I have heard his potty mouth outside a bar. It's only my opinion you don't have Jesus on your arm & cuss like a sailor.
Notafan

Paris, TX

#9 Aug 30, 2012
Nofree ride wrote:
Evidently Paris can't identify true Texas talent, I'll admit I miss MFN, but Merroll has talent, he has always amazed me with his skills. His reputation beyond the lame Lamar county exposure is growing, I live in the Dallas area and we'll support him, he has a following here and we pay to see him. I have a tattoo, and it says what you can do with your opinion. Merrol ray, keep doing what your doing! I can't say Paris sucks, I was born there, but there are some people who just can't stand to see someone succeed. They suck!
Jealous, success? Uh I think he works at Big Lots and his wife has a good job. He comes off being a good guy, after a while the true person comes out. He's just a drunk with diabetes that can play and sing. There are a lot of people like that in Paris. I have nothing against tattoos, but I do think it's stupid to get one with someones name. You don't put a name, I just thought that was common sense. Yeah he probably sings better than I do but I am who I am. He is just another A-hole with a hugh E-go.He is so all about himself. Just another blooming idiot that talks bad about drug users then gives them needles to his junkie friends.
Loaded Gun

United States

#10 Aug 31, 2012
Julie wrote:
Ha, I am far from a bar slut. I have never heard him sing & don't want to. I have heard his potty mouth outside a bar. It's only my opinion you don't have Jesus on your arm & cuss like a sailor.
Do you cuss or lie or commit any sins because if you do and you have Jesus in your heart it's much worse than having him tattooed on your arm and you are a hypocrite that need to be a&& f()cked real good by a horse
Wish Upon A Blue Moon

Dallas, TX

#11 Aug 31, 2012
Jealousy...people around here can be so rude to others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Garrison Keillor's 'Prairie Home Companion' suc... Fri Theocraencyclical 61
News Lady Gaga at Super Bowl LI (Feb '17) Thu Runner 15
News Alabama, do you really want to be remembered fo... Dec 12 Passin thru 4
News Pearl Harbor comes to life in Ohio History Conn... Dec 7 fat tired old and... 1
News New TEDx North Adams Features 11 Speakers at Mo... Dec 7 cil 6
News Taylor Swift Orders Boyfriend Calvin Harris To ... (Jun '15) Dec 4 Tom Hiddelditch 38
News Calvin Harris' "Outside," Taylor Swift's... (Jan '15) Dec 4 Jim Shoe 3
More from around the web