Amy Grant shares voice on pages

Amy Grant shares voice on pages

There are 86 comments on the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Amy Grant shares voice on pages. In it, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal reports that:

Amy Grant and Vince Gill pose for photos after they performed on the NBC "Today" television program in New York's Rockefeller Center Aug. via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal.

Brian L

Nashville, TN

#62 Mar 19, 2010
Tex_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just a way of blowing off steam so that I can be kinder in my real life when I get back to having one.
I still can't belive that someone "blows odd steam" (AKA be negative, cruel, and rude) on-line so that she can be nicer to others in her real life. What kind of person does that? Is it that difficult to try to be nice all the time? I don't get it. What an unhappy person.
EVOO

Spring, TX

#63 Mar 29, 2010
Brian L wrote:
<quoted text>
I still can't belive that someone "blows odd steam" (AKA be negative, cruel, and rude) on-line so that she can be nicer to others in her real life. What kind of person does that? Is it that difficult to try to be nice all the time? I don't get it. What an unhappy person.
Oh, and you are Mr. Sunshine. Do you read what you write before you hit send or is your teen son who writes all of that trash? You must be so proud to have raised a woman-hater like yourself. I hope he's not driving yet.
Brian L

Nashville, TN

#64 Mar 30, 2010
He is driving but you don't have to worry about him driving to meet your offspring that doesn't exist. Jealous? I can't image my life without being a parent. I think there's a reason why God did not allow you to procreate.
Desperately Seeking Bren

Spring, TX

#65 Apr 7, 2010
Brenda wrote:
I wonder if he'll put "Love Like Blood" on there. Probably not.
Some of you must go way back to the beginning. When did I first hear or see one of them?
Think, think, think. Why did I ever care? Why do I care now? Darn that Oprah. If she hadn't had
them on, I would have been free of thinking about them ever again! I don't buy magazines with them on it and don't buy the music. Almost such a clean getaway. How do I turn away FOREVER?
Nicolette Grant

Spring, TX

#66 Apr 8, 2010
Have you seen the "Love of Another Kind" video from when she was on
Letterman?
Original_Tex

Spring, TX

#67 Apr 18, 2010
still 3363 wrote:
I know, cool way to spend a friday night for me, huh?
I just have to comment before I call it a day...
This is a friendly reminder to Phantom to keep your fingers crossed. Afterall, you promised, remember?
I think you have pretty sufficiently cleaned house of an Amy-wanna-be fans.
That goes for the Vince lovers too, even if they are all talking about you at their bridge club meeting tonight?
I've been enjoying your comments some more, which is why I don't have time to post. There are so many of them!!!
You are tremendously funny, but I would never want to piss you off! If I ever do, give me a warning so I can ask your forgiveness first!
Anyhow, just want to say Hello again, and thanks for the sarcastic reads.
Be nice now...
My Motto, which I just now made-up is:
Don't Go Around Life Deliberately Giving S---
But Definately Don't Take It Either
Yes, I can be quite sarcastic. Gary understands it. He can decode Texas sarcasm.
Original Tex

Spring, TX

#68 Sep 2, 2010
GChap wrote:
I suspect they'll more likely confuse me with Gary Chapman, the five languages of love guy. I hope so. He's a best-seller.
I think it is too late baby now. It's too late now darling. You have to strike while the iron is hot.
Did your house sell yet? Unimaginable that #3 will soon turn 18. Amy has written she likes to run and isn't really thinking about a career in music. Will you write about parenting in your book?

I have a book I read from time to time that is a different version of Eat Pray Love. It's kind of a spiritual travelogue that can be read in short segments. Perfect for those with short attention spans.
Buckwild

Spring, TX

#69 Apr 7, 2011
AARP, for real?
Soon

Milford, NJ

#70 Apr 11, 2011
Yes, for real.
Is It Over

Spring, TX

#71 Jul 8, 2011
Soon wrote:
Yes, for real.
Can't believe little baby Corrina is a pre-teen. My how time flies. Jenny looks like her mom.
Corrina is a mini-me for Amy except she is built more like Vince.
DateNight

Spring, TX

#72 Aug 2, 2011
Finally wrote:
MustBeMoney you hit the tail on the donkey, well said, I totally agree! I can't stand to listen to her anymore, as she (Amy Grant) gets older the more rambling she does!
Maybe all the anesthia from going under the knife is getting to her. Six hour operations are difficult. She should leave well enough alone. Either that or she is a vampire who never ages.

There are some clips of her you tube when she was at some prayer meeting that are just scary. It seems like presenile dementia.
Just being truthful! That or it was a wine tasting. Oh, Michael play "Save Me From Myself" or "God is Good" for us sinners.
;-)
BLT

Spring, TX

#73 Aug 24, 2011
still 3363 wrote:
I know, cool way to spend a friday night for me, huh?
I just have to comment before I call it a day...
This is a friendly reminder to Phantom to keep your fingers crossed. Afterall, you promised, remember?
I think you have pretty sufficiently cleaned house of an Amy-wanna-be fans.
That goes for the Vince lovers too, even if they are all talking about you at their bridge club meeting tonight?
I've been enjoying your comments some more, which is why I don't have time to post. There are so many of them!!!
You are tremendously funny, but I would never want to piss you off! If I ever do, give me a warning so I can ask your forgiveness first!
Anyhow, just want to say Hello again, and thanks for the sarcastic reads.
Be nice now...
My Motto, which I just now made-up is:
Don't Go Around Life Deliberately Giving S---
But Definately Don't Take It Either
I gave up. Your Tex is TOO much for me.
Buck

AOL

#74 Jan 23, 2012
Love is Free wrote:
Anyway, back to Amy and her book. She says she was in turmoil and never intended to tell the whole story. She can't really explain why Gary is absent in a book about her life since they shared both professional and private life plus had three children together, etc.
She said someone sent her an e-mail describing her book as honest and discreet.
I love the way the Southern Belle card is played so much. Well, she just could not talk about those things. Fiddle dee dee. She surely talked a great deal during interviews in the past.
I don't think Gary will ever lay her open and leave her bleeding by anything he would write. I think Janis basically opened up and told everything there was to tell from her angle. I can't imagine why Jenny has seemingly sided with her daddy and stepmommy. It's very odd. Unless there is bribery involved. I've seen that happen A LOT.
Hey, like it's been often said, you never get the "whole story" of anything! There is always stuff swept and kept under the rug for umpteen years!! I don't think or believe for one minute that Amy or Vince would use bribery at all! But, nowadays, you never can tell! yeah, I was kinda surprised that Amy did not mention Gary more in her last book "Mosaics"; his name was hardly mentioned.
Would Amy rather forget all those years with Gary period? They have basically known each other since 1979; since "Father's Eyes".
It does appear though, that Amy's faith has been watered down,her beliefs are in question by many. She allowed her stepdaughter Jenny
to smoke in her car, why? I cannot stand the smell of smoke at all! Amy seems to compromise her beliefs, whatever they are.
GOD does not compromise!! what is written is written!! It is so sad, Amy is not the same Amy I once met and got to know through her music.
Buck

AOL

#75 Jan 23, 2012
Brian L wrote:
<quoted text>
Well well well, just look at the pot calling the kettle black.
BrianL. you have been negative, cruel and rude by the many comments
in so many forums. You should try taking your own advice, really!!
Does Anybody Know

Spring, TX

#76 Mar 13, 2012
Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, like it's been often said, you never get the "whole story" of anything! There is always stuff swept and kept under the rug for umpteen years!! I don't think or believe for one minute that Amy or Vince would use bribery at all! But, nowadays, you never can tell! yeah, I was kinda surprised that Amy did not mention Gary more in her last book "Mosaics"; his name was hardly mentioned.
Would Amy rather forget all those years with Gary period? They have basically known each other since 1979; since "Father's Eyes".
It does appear though, that Amy's faith has been watered down,her beliefs are in question by many. She allowed her stepdaughter Jenny
to smoke in her car, why? I cannot stand the smell of smoke at all! Amy seems to compromise her beliefs, whatever they are.
GOD does not compromise!! what is written is written!! It is so sad, Amy is not the same Amy I once met and got to know through her music.
Yes, Amy said in the AARP article that when she thinks of her life, she likes to focus on the time with Vince and in her True Love song, she sings "If I could turn back time, I would"
Buck

AOL

#77 Mar 21, 2012
And the fog is slowly lifting. lol
We are being fed truth, here and there a little.
Is it truth? or is it more Amy excuses for us to chew on and she hopes we swallow it hook, line and sinker?
Angel

Spring, TX

#78 Apr 7, 2012
So, is smoking allowed on the tour buses? I would think it would be bad...the smoking and the second hand smoke.
buck

AOL

#79 Sep 4, 2012
Yeah, from what I read, smoking is allowed on her tour buses, it's not a good thing. Amy has followed the title of her album that boosted her into pop stardom, she is "unguarded".
Cook

Spring, TX

#80 Oct 6, 2012
Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no smoking in my car. I've not even wild about people eating in my car.
I saw somewhere she quoted that "Deep calls to Deep" ...Does she even know what this means?
Honestly, I think she is just trying to have a career and she is running from all those things that would make her learn to be still. I don't think she has ever processed anything. She has just run from it and on to the next thing. Stay busy, exercise, tour, record, charity and that leaves no down time.
She had her mom in her home in her last days. That must have been gut-wrenching. Now she is dealing with a dad who doesn't even know who she is. She says her mother forgot that her daughter is a singer. And yet you see her on stage still flashing that AG smile.
buck

AOL

#81 Oct 8, 2012
and she is still sharing her voice on pages lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toby Keith to Skip CMA Awards (Nov '08) 11 hr Willie 22
News Taylor Swift Orders Boyfriend Calvin Harris To ... 19 hr Oh come on 37
News Is Taylor Swift a hero or a hypocrite? Some pho... Mon Linsey 6
News Dolly Parton's family life subject of TV movie Mon Bloated Culture 2
News Trump platform: Because I said so Aug 2 tomin cali 1
News Why - Peanuts' Needed an African-American Chara... Aug 2 Will E Lynch 4
News Fainting Spell -- a Fake? (Nov '07) Aug 1 Janncee 6
More from around the web