Marie Osmond getting 2nd divorce, splits with hubby of 20 years

Mar 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Journal

“Our children, as always, are our top priority and in our deep love for them we will continue to jointly fulfill our roles as active parents in their daily lives”

LOS ANGELES - Marie Osmond and husband Brian Blosil are divorcing after 20 years of marriage, the pair announced Friday. via News Journal

Comments
1 - 20 of 80 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sue

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 12, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

This isn't going to go very well. For one, she's gonna have to pay Allimony to Brian's Fat a--. And Brian's always being labeled as a "Record Producer". But I ain't seen hell or high water of just what he's produced. He sounds like another Kevin Federline to me.
StarSue

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 3, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Can somebody please tell me that it's not true that Marie Osmond has decided to go back to Brian Blosil? That woman can have any man she wants!!!!!
Luciloket

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 6, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Sue wrote:
This isn't going to go very well. For one, she's gonna have to pay Allimony to Brian's Fat a--. And Brian's always being labeled as a "Record Producer". But I ain't seen hell or high water of just what he's produced. He sounds like another Kevin Federline to me.
I know, I could never figure out exactly what he did...not that it mattered as long as they were happy. They just always referred to him as an award winning producer -- but never said which award or named any musicians he actually produced....I thought it was just me!
StarSue

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 7, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

At last, an Osmond Fan that can see through all the B/S., and not one that was blindsided by Fantasy. You're OK by me, Lucilot! And Marie, go along with your plans to 86 Brian Blosil! Go with some Guy who has a Resume!!!
Melody Oakley

Camarillo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 18, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marie is a friend of mine. It's not wise to ass-u-me things people. Ya ever heard that the worst vice is ADvice. Look at your own life and have some compassion for others. Usually the closer we come to the Lord the clearer become our views and the more apt we are to look upon others with compassion. Marie and I even havce the same initials-- M.O.!
StarSue

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 19, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Melody,
Anothe Delusional Osmond Fan. Just because you have the same initials as Marie Osmond does not mean she acknowledges you existance. I mean, all the Osmond Fans that don't have a reality grip say the they are friends with Marie, but unlike you, Marie and I live in the real world. As for my life, you know nothing of the life I had to live, in a gang-infested Black neighborhood, fighting every day of my life. If you had to go through one day in my life, you would slit your throat, you who lives like a Princess in Camarillo, Ca. Yes, when I was in the Navy, I lived in Navy Housing in Camarrillo, it was all rich A--h---s. Believe me, I have triple the compassion of you, you who hides behind religion(I would guess you were what the Mormon church calls a Jack Mormon) saying you are compassionate when all you are is a Hypercrite. Me, as a decent Catholic have never thought of myself as being better than those who weren't Catholic. My church teaches compassion and tolerence. As far as Brian and Marie or concerned, if you knew Marie which I seriously doubt, you would also know that the reason she is always saying "I just lost 240lbs and I never felt better"(Marie's words, not mine), Well, Sweetie, she's not referring to her own weight but to the Bum she was married to for 20 years. Do yourself a favor and get a Grip. And don't worry, someone will be along shortly to give you your Lithium and to tighten your 'I love me jacket'. Gosh, you Osmond Fans are so much fun. oh, and when you get out on your weekend pass, please e-mail me again,I'd love to unsult you some more. There now, look how compassionate I am.
Steven

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 21, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Isn't Marie Osmond a member of the racist Mormon Church?
Sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 21, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Yes, But I don't know that they are racist. About 30 years ago, I do know that they wouldn't allow African Americans to hold any position in the church, but I was told that that's all been changed. Aretha Franklin is a Mormon and she's African American.
Rick

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 24, 2007
 
Sue, Mill Spring, MO,

I think you mean Gladys Knight is Mormon?
Sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 25, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Ok, Sorry about that. Anyway, she's African American and a Mormon.
The producer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 3, 2007
 
Only a few know the inside story on Brian as a producer. He worked in a studio where Marie sometimes visited. To my knowlege he was not a producer there. I have the only song I have heard him produce.
The producer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 3, 2007
 
On one hand you say you are taught to be loving on the other you invite someone back to insult them more. A little less church and a lot more Bible, Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself, and do unto others as you would have them do to you". Sometimes it is hard I know, but when we work at it, no matter where we live, it works and it makes not only your life better, but also the lives of those around you.
StarSue wrote:
Melody,
Anothe Delusional Osmond Fan. Just because you have the same initials as Marie Osmond does not mean she acknowledges you existance. I mean, all the Osmond Fans that don't have a reality grip say the they are friends with Marie, but unlike you, Marie and I live in the real world. As for my life, you know nothing of the life I had to live, in a gang-infested Black neighborhood, fighting every day of my life. If you had to go through one day in my life, you would slit your throat, you who lives like a Princess in Camarillo, Ca. Yes, when I was in the Navy, I lived in Navy Housing in Camarrillo, it was all rich A--h---s. Believe me, I have triple the compassion of you, you who hides behind religion(I would guess you were what the Mormon church calls a Jack Mormon) saying you are compassionate when all you are is a Hypercrite. Me, as a decent Catholic have never thought of myself as being better than those who weren't Catholic. My church teaches compassion and tolerence. As far as Brian and Marie or concerned, if you knew Marie which I seriously doubt, you would also know that the reason she is always saying "I just lost 240lbs and I never felt better"(Marie's words, not mine), Well, Sweetie, she's not referring to her own weight but to the Bum she was married to for 20 years. Do yourself a favor and get a Grip. And don't worry, someone will be along shortly to give you your Lithium and to tighten your 'I love me jacket'. Gosh, you Osmond Fans are so much fun. oh, and when you get out on your weekend pass, please e-mail me again,I'd love to unsult you some more. There now, look how compassionate I am.
The producer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 3, 2007
 
Melody, how did you become friends with Marie, and do you know the name of her longtime manager?
Melody Oakley wrote:
Marie is a friend of mine. It's not wise to ass-u-me things people. Ya ever heard that the worst vice is ADvice. Look at your own life and have some compassion for others. Usually the closer we come to the Lord the clearer become our views and the more apt we are to look upon others with compassion. Marie and I even havce the same initials-- M.O.!
The producer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 3, 2007
 
For the longest the believed that blacks were cursed, but I must tell you, almost every so called Christian religion taught that lie. The Bible teach's no such thing, as a matter of fact in the book of Acts it says that God is NOT partial.
Marie is not biased toward any race.
Steven wrote:
Isn't Marie Osmond a member of the racist Mormon Church?
Sue

Erie, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 5, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Producer, OK, if you believe that. I guess you know Marie personally too? OK, if you say so. But please don't play God, there's only one God, and you ain't it! And for your info, Catholics don't teach hatred towards African Americans, there are plenty of African American Catholics, better look it up my friend!
Bernie Schillo

Stevensville, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 6, 2007
 
This discussion sure sidetracked and deteriorated quickly.

Unless we walk in someone's shoes, we can't know the reality of their situation. Marie and Brian have decided to end their marriage, and I am sorry that it has become a subject for "discussion", as it is and should be a personal decision and a private one.

I am hoping and praying that Marie and Brian can remain friends, or at least get along. I am hoping their children may grow up knowing the love of both their parents.

I am praying that they both may find the happiness that has so far eluded them.

I know how hard it is for a marriage to work, and the busy schedules, publicity, lack of privacy that go along with being a "celebrity" make it even harder. I wish many times that Marie would have been just a simple housewife, with a 9 to 5 job, and a stable family life. Fame and fortune has it's price, and sometimes the price is very high.

I have read a lot of negative comments here about Brian -- I have seen Brian and his children together, and they love both their Father and their Mother.
Sue

Erie, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 11, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Bernie, Marie is not a Housewife and never will be one.(I'll bet you're a Mormon) She was trained to be a Superstar and that is what she is. And any Man that married her had to have known this and that her career took priority over everything else. That's great that Brian's kids love him. But I can tell you first hand that Stephen (Marie's Son with Steve Craig) hated his guts because of the abuse Brian directed towards him and his Mother. Don't go judging Marie because she's a woman. She was born to be a Superstar and nothing else. That's the problem with you Men, you think we should cater to your ass, but it ain't that way no more, BUD!!! You can wish all you want that Marie should be a house wife but, there's a saying: Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled faster! I suppose that you approve of Brian trying to take all of Marie's hard-earned cash like he's been trying to do since the divorce proceedings began? If he was a real Man, he would have found his way a long time ago instead if being in "AWE" of Marie's career and laying all over her, letting her support him. Get over yourself, Dude!
The producer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 11, 2007
 

Judged:

4

4

3

You seem a bit angry sue, maybe your church offers some sort of help for that sort of thing.
Sue wrote:
Bernie, Marie is not a Housewife and never will be one.(I'll bet you're a Mormon) She was trained to be a Superstar and that is what she is. And any Man that married her had to have known this and that her career took priority over everything else. That's great that Brian's kids love him. But I can tell you first hand that Stephen (Marie's Son with Steve Craig) hated his guts because of the abuse Brian directed towards him and his Mother. Don't go judging Marie because she's a woman. She was born to be a Superstar and nothing else. That's the problem with you Men, you think we should cater to your ass, but it ain't that way no more, BUD!!! You can wish all you want that Marie should be a house wife but, there's a saying: Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled faster! I suppose that you approve of Brian trying to take all of Marie's hard-earned cash like he's been trying to do since the divorce proceedings began? If he was a real Man, he would have found his way a long time ago instead if being in "AWE" of Marie's career and laying all over her, letting her support him. Get over yourself, Dude!
Bernie Schillo

Stevensville, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 12, 2007
 
Hello Sue:

Frankly, I'm not LDS. I pastor a small non-denominational Christian church in Garrison, Montana.

My observation was that the price of FAME (which is fleeting, at best) is too high.

No, I am not impressed with anything about the divorce proceedings. No matter how good the intentions of the couples are at the beginning, things seem to get out of control quickly. I have had a lot of experience in these situations, and none of them are good.

Marie was not BORN to be a superstar, Marie was trained to be a "Superstar", which has become a trap for her, I'm afraid. I know that she took her children to Legoland, and had to leave, because people refused to allow her a little privacy and time with her family. That kind of Fame most anyone could do without.

Besides the divorce, Marie has other things on her mind, her life hasn't been easy, and won't be easy.

Instead of blowing off steam, take a little time to pray for her, her family, Brian, and her Father George, who will be 90 this Fall and has been having health problems.

Please try to also understand that I feel Marie and Brian's family, marriage, relationships, etc., are not PUBLIC PROPERTY just because she is a "superstar".

Marie's schedule is very severe, and the new project (dancing with the stars) isn't going to make it any easier. I saw Marie in DC about a month ago, and she hadn't slept in 2 days - that's hard on anyone ----- please take time to pray for her that she may take better care of herself.

Bernie
StarSue

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 12, 2007
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Bernie,
First of all, I don't need help, you do. Making up stories is for the tabloids, not a small fry who claims to know Marie personally. You need to get a grip and get some help for yourself. And I do pray for Marie and her children. Don't open your mouth about something you know nothing about.(Me or Marie) I have friends that do know Marie on a personal note and they say you are making things up about her and her scedule and her sleep patterns. And if you were so worried about her, you wouldn't talk such trash about her. What kind of Christian are you anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••