Crowd Denounces Police Killing of Groom

Full story: The Associated Press

An angry crowd demanded Sunday to know why police officers killed an unarmed man on the day of his wedding, firing dozens of shots that also wounded two of the man's friends.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Carlos Havel

Turdera, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 27, 2006
 
Unfortunately some policemen ...some..feel being God; they think they know everything and that they are perfect. Didn't think the nazis the same?

It happens in your country and in mine (Argentina) too.
Patriot

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 27, 2006
 
How MANY bullets do the police NEED to fire BEFORE they realize that NO ONE IS SHOOTING BACK? This is getting WAY out of hand.
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 27, 2006
 
What a CROCK!!!!
If those dudes were not drunk and whilin' then they would be at home snug in their beds right now. Bra-man would be kickin it in the Bahamas with his wife and everythang would be everythang! I'm tired of the cops always getting the shaft when they have to shoot someone. Cops have a hard enough job without a bunch of drunk brothas causing all kinds of trouble. Every time a black gets shot it was for "No Reason" I say that's a bunch of crap. They must have been doing something wrong, or they would not have been shot! Now Bruce is gino to have to write another stupid song.
speed buggy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 27, 2006
 
Lisa

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 27, 2006
 
I am so sorry for your tragic loss....I don't know you all but I did see the event on the news where I live in Tennessee....and my heart goes out to the family and to the bride to be of the groom....Such a terrible shame..and now lives will be changed forever...I am very sorry for the loss of a loved one who was taken by what is suppose to be people of protection.....
Home boy

Hollidaysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 27, 2006
 
Frank wrote:
What a CROCK!!!!
If those dudes were not drunk and whilin' then they would be at home snug in their beds right now. Bra-man would be kickin it in the Bahamas with his wife and everythang would be everythang! I'm tired of the cops always getting the shaft when they have to shoot someone. Cops have a hard enough job without a bunch of drunk brothas causing all kinds of trouble. Every time a black gets shot it was for "No Reason" I say that's a bunch of crap. They must have been doing something wrong, or they would not have been shot! Now Bruce is gino to have to write another stupid song.

Blow me.
Bklyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 27, 2006
 
Home boy you are a jackass..a cop should put a bullet in your ass and see how you like it. They executed that young man..firing 5 bullets in not justified. It's people like your ass that have bad cops on the streets. The same friggin cop was drunk..they should put all of time in a line and shoot their asses.If these guys were doing something wrong..what about shooting them in the leg.I'm sure if it was a a couple of white guys, this shit wouldn't have happened..
Bklyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 27, 2006
 
sorry Homeboy..my bad..Frank you're a jackass.
Lance Winslow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 27, 2006
 
Frank wrote:
What a CROCK!!!!
If those dudes were not drunk and whilin' then they would be at home snug in their beds right now. Bra-man would be kickin it in the Bahamas with his wife and everythang would be everythang! I'm tired of the cops always getting the shaft when they have to shoot someone. Cops have a hard enough job without a bunch of drunk brothas causing all kinds of trouble. Every time a black gets shot it was for "No Reason" I say that's a bunch of crap. They must have been doing something wrong, or they would not have been shot! Now Bruce is gino to have to write another stupid song.
The cops were in fact drinking.
roar

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 27, 2006
 
Well Bklyn I am glad to see the fine schooling they have in the inner city. Shoot him in the leg? So in doing that action it would stop the car from moving? Is it just me or does the black community seem to stop thinking when it comes to issues like these? Shooting someone in the leg will not prevent them from shooting you and will not prevent them from mowing you down with a car. Common sense goes a long way in life.
James

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 28, 2006
 
Frank wrote:
What a CROCK!!!!
If those dudes were not drunk and whilin' then they would be at home snug in their beds right now. Bra-man would be kickin it in the Bahamas with his wife and everythang would be everythang! I'm tired of the cops always getting the shaft when they have to shoot someone. Cops have a hard enough job without a bunch of drunk brothas causing all kinds of trouble. Every time a black gets shot it was for "No Reason" I say that's a bunch of crap. They must have been doing something wrong, or they would not have been shot! Now Bruce is gino to have to write another stupid song.
Dude you were not there. How can you comment on the situation. There are many hatred cops in the United States. Race still play a major role in this country. The cops could have shot the tires of the vehicle to make the vehicle stop. The men in the car didn't fire first and the cops never received gunshots from the group of men. Frank you need to have a open mind about the situation.
roar

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 28, 2006
 
James wrote:
<quoted text> Dude you were not there. How can you comment on the situation. There are many hatred cops in the United States. Race still play a major role in this country. The cops could have shot the tires of the vehicle to make the vehicle stop. The men in the car didn't fire first and the cops never received gunshots from the group of men. Frank you need to have a open mind about the situation.
\

Great James, just shoot the tires. Why didn't anybody think about that. I, along with all those police officers must have forgotten that shooting out the tires makes a car freeze in place. Oh wait, that doesn't make sense.
roar

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 28, 2006
 
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>The cops were in fact drinking.
Only one was said to be drinking
Bklyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 28, 2006
 
roar wrote:
Well Bklyn I am glad to see the fine schooling they have in the inner city. Shoot him in the leg? So in doing that action it would stop the car from moving? Is it just me or does the black community seem to stop thinking when it comes to issues like these? Shooting someone in the leg will not prevent them from shooting you and will not prevent them from mowing you down with a car. Common sense goes a long way in life.
Now..If I recall correctly..according to police reports..these men were unarmed.50 bullets fired and not a single gun was found on these men..now tell how the black community has stopped thinking. What about the African immigrant that was executed uh..was that justified?You can't murder an innocent man and expect to keep quiet..are you insane like those cops or what? I'll repeat this again..if these were white men, this would not have happened.
Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 28, 2006
 
roar wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one was said to be drinking
He emtied his Glock and re-loaded, no ?

Love those drinking killing police.
speed buggy

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 28, 2006
 
Drinking on duty? Off duty? Carrying a gun? Murder!
focused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 28, 2006
 
i just heard that one of the cops frequents the club that i work in.
roar

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 29, 2006
 
Bklyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Now..If I recall correctly..according to police reports..these men were unarmed.50 bullets fired and not a single gun was found on these men..now tell how the black community has stopped thinking. What about the African immigrant that was executed uh..was that justified?You can't murder an innocent man and expect to keep quiet..are you insane like those cops or what? I'll repeat this again..if these were white men, this would not have happened.
Diallo was stupid, put your hands where I can see them does not mean reach into you pockets quickly and pull things out. It's not the police fault that he didn't understand English, it was Diallo's fault. Also I know that Sean was unarmed, but that car crashing toward those officers surely wasn't going to tickle them. Your not thinking again.
Lance Winslow

Capay, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 29, 2006
 
speed buggy wrote:
Drinking on duty? Off duty? Carrying a gun? Murder!
Drinking on duty; authorized.
Carrying a gun, authorized.
Killing suspects, authorized.
speed buggy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 29, 2006
 
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Drinking on duty; authorized.
Carrying a gun, authorized.
Killing suspects, authorized.
I know. Though their favorite murder weapon is the Taser. Children, old ladies, mentally retarded, all unarmed and non violent too. No charges either and paid vacation while internal affairs (which I hear is being legally opposed in several places as an illegal court) blows it off. Internal affairs is a serious problem because it shelters police from due process and the criminal justice system. Only on a rare occasion are the police held accountable for their crimes.

The police have murdered so many unarmed non violent people in recent years that I can't even keep track of it. This helps:

http://www.copwatch.com/

There is one thing I do know. It is only a matter of time before police provoke a realy nasty radical element that lurks in our society and it will be open season on police and it won't be by groups or gangs but by individuals. I seen a long list online years ago of police who walked away from their crimes.

Every civilized society goes through that phase and we haven't had it yet but the way the police are going with their killing with impunity it's only a matter of time. Not that I condone it, I just know it's coming.

Just because a cop "thinks" a person has a gun is not satisfactory to society to open fire but it is OK with the department and is basically nothing more than murder. Just because the police may "feel" threatened is not satisfactory to society to open fire but it is OK with the department and is basically nothing more than murder.

Pre-emptive killings "just in case" is like Bush's pre-emptive war syndrome. It is criminal both in concept and practice.

Especially since the Patriot Act has become common law applying to the general public citizen instead of the terrorists and terrorism that it was created for.

In a police state only the police are the law, what they say and when they say it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Club Discussions

Search the Club Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Elections embolden both GOP establishment and t... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cat74 14
Insider's Guide to Belgrade (Aug '13) Sep '13 Serbonazis 65
Strip Clubs in Norway Lean to Prostitution (Mar '12) Apr '12 PublicShiithole 5
Stack can throw his weight around in new jungle... (Apr '11) Apr '11 New jersey resident 1
Explore New York's best poetry venues (Jul '07) Aug '10 jackman 3
President's list for Spring 2010 Semester ENMU-... (Jul '10) Jul '10 wzhyyv 2
Marin residents show they love a parade on the ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 we the 30
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••