Volunteers build a new Kingdom Hall

In spite of heat and humidity, there was plenty of hard work going on Saturday at the site of the planned new Kingdom Hall serving the congregations in Mayfield, Gloversville and Johnstown. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Starlight

Elko, NV

#44 Sep 29, 2008
scourge wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious here, but is that all you have to say about what he wrote?
Wouldn't you rather refute what he says if you disagree with it? I don't think insulting him is going to make everyone think what he posted isn't true.
I, for one, would like to see what JW's say about that whole "Millions now living will never die" thing in honesty rather than just trying to discredit the ones who bring it up.
Just my opinion, of course.
How badly do you really want to know?

Do you actually think you are going to find answers on this site?

In all sincerity, I recommend that you go to the Kingdom Hall, learn all you can about the Bible with a study. Go to the meetings.

Searching for answers here is a dumb move because you will not know truth from non truth in anything you hear on this forum regarding any topic.

So again....,how badly do you really want to know.
Tiger Rose

Trenton, NJ

#45 Sep 29, 2008
Correction my bad he is known as pepper boy.He doesn't have to like what we preach but spraying 2 elderly witnesses is not manly in my opinion.

Since: May 08

Portola, CA

#46 Sep 29, 2008
Tiger Rose wrote:
Hi Scourge Danny Haszard peppered sprayed to elderly men who knocked on his door its something he brags about so I guess that is internet name.
Hey Tiger! What's up? I haven't been around here too much lately, so I haven't seen you around either. I hope you are doing well.

I know about what Danny did, I don't agree with it, but I think if people go around trying to discredit him, it makes other people curious about why. It's almost like they don't want others to see what he has to say, that's all.

Portola, CA

#47 Sep 29, 2008
Starlight wrote:
<quoted text>
How badly do you really want to know?
Do you actually think you are going to find answers on this site?
In all sincerity, I recommend that you go to the Kingdom Hall, learn all you can about the Bible with a study. Go to the meetings.
Searching for answers here is a dumb move because you will not know truth from non truth in anything you hear on this forum regarding any topic.
So again....,how badly do you really want to know.
Ah, well.That's a good question.

I basically want to know what the JW's on this forum have to say about it.

Shouldn't they have the same answer that I would get at a KH?

I don't want a full blown bible study with a JW, I just want to know answers to questions I have about things people say here on this forum.
Starlight

Elko, NV

#48 Sep 29, 2008
scourge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, well.That's a good question.
I basically want to know what the JW's on this forum have to say about it.
Shouldn't they have the same answer that I would get at a KH?
I don't want a full blown bible study with a JW, I just want to know answers to questions I have about things people say here on this forum.
Yeah, well, people lie, and love to exaggerate their stories, twist teachings, because they never understood them in the first place.

Can you understand the faith of Abraham when he offered up his own son in sacrifice? Do you know why he did that?

We learn why with Bible study.

There is much to learn, and as you learn, you understand fully why someone such as Abraham offered up his own son.

This is only an example of why learning the Bible is a plus. Because we come to an understanding as our faith in Jehovah gets stronger.

Jehovah who created us, knows what is our best interests, He did not leave us here with no instructions or knowledge of his purpose for us, and a Grand purpose it is.

If you really are searching for truth, let it not be here, that's all I'm saying.

Portola, CA

#49 Sep 29, 2008
Starlight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, people lie, and love to exaggerate their stories, twist teachings, because they never understood them in the first place.
Can you understand the faith of Abraham when he offered up his own son in sacrifice? Do you know why he did that?
We learn why with Bible study.
There is much to learn, and as you learn, you understand fully why someone such as Abraham offered up his own son.
This is only an example of why learning the Bible is a plus. Because we come to an understanding as our faith in Jehovah gets stronger.
Jehovah who created us, knows what is our best interests, He did not leave us here with no instructions or knowledge of his purpose for us, and a Grand purpose it is.
If you really are searching for truth, let it not be here, that's all I'm saying.
I do see your point, but I maintain that if people are going to come here to defend what they believe in (whether it's JW's or x-JW's), there is no need for lies or deception on either side.

I don't see the need for lies or attacks, it just makes that person look bad and weakens their argument for why they believe as they do.
Of course people lie at times, that's when it's good to call them on it instead of attacking something they did that is unrelated to the topic.

For those of us who come here out of curiosity or whatever, we don't have a stake in the fight, but we do see what both sides portray, so it seems to me that it would be a good place to show the reality of it.

Nobody believes a liar, so why does anyone use easily refuted lies as a way to build up their side of the story? It doesn't make any sense.

Portola, CA

#50 Sep 29, 2008
And, starlight, to answer your other question, I don't understand much of anything in the bible, which is another reason I like to hang out here when I have some time.

I do find it educational, and I don't see what's wrong with getting different perspectives on what the bible means. I am ultimately the only one who can decide for myself, but there are so many different opinions about things, it's interesting to compare.
jimi

United States

#51 Sep 29, 2008
Starlight wrote:
<quoted text>
...Can you understand the faith of Abraham when he offered up his own son in sacrifice? Do you know why he did that?...
Can you understand that it was God himself who spoke to Abraham? It wasn't someone with a handful of magazines that were written, edited, and printed by a group of anonymous people who have a reputation for being wrong and decietful. It was Jehovah who spoke to Abraham. Can you understand the difference?
jimi

United States

#52 Sep 29, 2008
Starlight wrote:
<quoted text>
...If you really are searching for truth, let it not be here, that's all I'm saying.
Don't you feel the least bit hypocritical making this statement? HERE? Why should anyone believe what You say here?

Portola, CA

#53 Sep 29, 2008
jimi wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you understand that it was God himself who spoke to Abraham? It wasn't someone with a handful of magazines that were written, edited, and printed by a group of anonymous people who have a reputation for being wrong and decietful. It was Jehovah who spoke to Abraham. Can you understand the difference?
You make a good point, jimi.

I think that if God spoke to me directly, I would no longer have to question whether there was a God or not. LOL
jimi

United States

#54 Sep 29, 2008
scourge wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a good point, jimi.
I think that if God spoke to me directly, I would no longer have to question whether there was a God or not. LOL
I know it sounds kinda silly Scourge but sometimes we forget that people like Abraham and Moses were instructed by God, not God's representatives. And when he sent a representative they did not 'guess at what he meant'---they repeated the message He gave them.

I never was much for the OT but the last Prophet was sent to the Israelites some 400 years before Jesus was born. After 400 BC He quit speaking to the Jews except for the couple of times he acknowledged Jesus as His son. It has now been some 2000 years since He spoke to any man, woman, or child. I've always wanted to hear the rest of the story on that, you know the whys and wherefores. Of course it may have to do with that killing His son incident. Perhaps he is still pissed. I know I would be.(:-o)

Portola, CA

#55 Sep 29, 2008
jimi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it sounds kinda silly Scourge but sometimes we forget that people like Abraham and Moses were instructed by God, not God's representatives. And when he sent a representative they did not 'guess at what he meant'---they repeated the message He gave them.
I never was much for the OT but the last Prophet was sent to the Israelites some 400 years before Jesus was born. After 400 BC He quit speaking to the Jews except for the couple of times he acknowledged Jesus as His son. It has now been some 2000 years since He spoke to any man, woman, or child. I've always wanted to hear the rest of the story on that, you know the whys and wherefores. Of course it may have to do with that killing His son incident. Perhaps he is still pissed. I know I would be.(:-o)
Uh, yeah.

I can see that happening.

I'd probably write off the whole human race. God thing I'm not God.

Portola, CA

#56 Sep 29, 2008
LOL!

Fruedian slip there.

That should say, "Good thing I'm not God."

NMB

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#57 Sep 29, 2008
scourge wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious here, but is that all you have to say about what he wrote?
Wouldn't you rather refute what he says if you disagree with it? I don't think insulting him is going to make everyone think what he posted isn't true.
I, for one, would like to see what JW's say about that whole "Millions now living will never die" thing in honesty rather than just trying to discredit the ones who bring it up.
Just my opinion, of course.
I'm sorry I thought most people here have already read most of D.H.'s rants and I saw no need to address this again.

Portola, CA

#58 Sep 29, 2008
NMB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I thought most people here have already read most of D.H.'s rants and I saw no need to address this again.
Ah.

Well, I'm "relatively" new to this forum.

And, I just thought that perhaps for the benefit of new "lurkers" and those of us who are not really aware of all that is JW, that you guys might shine the light of truth about JWism.

I would like to know what the whole thing is about, but I will say that I'm not going to commit myself to studying with JW's. This forum seems to be the hotbed of topics that are relevent.

So, that being the case (for me), I was just curious.
jimi

United States

#59 Sep 29, 2008
scourge wrote:
LOL!
Fruedian slip there.
That should say, "Good thing I'm not God."
Me Too!
True Christian

Saffron Walden, UK

#61 Jun 5, 2012
Jehovah's witness are a cult. They cannot debate any other religion as commanded by the governing body. The inner circle of the Governing Body are members of the illumaniti. The Jw's use mind controlling techniques, hence the need for fast build kingdom hells to have no windows. If as they preach, they have the truth, why are they not willing to debate their religion rather than just use their altered version of the bible the New World Translation. Every time one of the JW's says they are dedicated to Jehovah God, then you see another brainwashed victim. Believe me, Jehovah's Witnesses are not the Christians they profess to
be. Look at all the false prophecies they have made concerning armageddon. The bible warns us of false prophets. The JW's wish all of us who are not part of the cult to be killed. They want mass murder and genocide to take place in the name of their god. I could go on and on but I urge all you JW's and non JW's to have nothing to do with this cult. Oh, I forgot, if JW's did that, their so called friends and family would cut them dead. yes, the archaic shunning exists within this organisation and is used as a control tool to keep the rank and file in place. They have recently produced a video Caleb and Sparlock showing the type of child abuse this organisation practises.
remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#62 Jun 6, 2012
Why does'nt the wtbts give scholarships to young brothers and sisters to persue a higher eduction? Why does'nt the wtbts donate money to families with a sick member of their family that is refusing blood transfusions? Why does'nt the wtbts donate money to hospitals that respect jw's beliefs? Why does'nt tha wtbts have an organ tranplant chat line?
Witness

Anniston, AL

#63 Jun 28, 2012
Danny Haszard wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs and who are they?
The building of a Kingdom Hall “quick-build” is impressive, but many Witnesses and outsiders do not realize that this is also makes for clever economics. Few people except the religious will devote free time to putting up a building, but Witnesses can do it, and since non-baptized helpers are always present, it affords those reluctant to go door-to-door additional opportunities to “get their monthly time in,” as is required to be considered a Jehovah’s Witness.
The local Witnesses benefit, since it cuts the cost of their loan from the Watchtower Society to get the land, and the Watchtower benefits, not only from the publicity but they also now own more property and buildings (No, the local Witnesses will never own it.).
The Watchtower is big money, being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year. That's just from one of their many corporations.
Unlike in the case of Christians who are persecuted in other lands for talking about Jesus Christ, Jehovah's Witnesses are largely persecuted for following the teachings begun during the second presidency of the Watchtower, when Joseph F. Rutherford took over in a corporate flap and began changing doctrines quickly in the Watchtower belief system. He claimed that angels directly conveyed truth to some of those in leadership. He coined the name Jehovah's Witnesses to make them stand out from being witnesses of Jesus, a typical evangelical expression (and a Biblical one).
If you have been witnessed to by Jehovah's Witnesses and you reject their message, you will likely die shortly at Armageddon with all the other non-Witnesses, since theirs is the only true religion, and (if they can live up to all the rules) they are the only ones to inhabit this new earth. If you believe Witnesses seem rigid now, any non-conformist during the future cleansed earth will be directly destroyed by Jehovah. Even now a Witness will be disfellowshipped for any one of many gaffs, such as smoking, taking a blood transfusion, or even voting.
To even vocally question the teachings of the Watchtower will result in complete cutting off, with family and friends usually being forbidden to talk to them. The Watchtower is a truly Orwellian world, in a time when Orwellian societies are nearly obsolete.
By their own Yearbook accounts, Witnesses are shrinking in number in many Western countries as of the last three years, as the internet facilitates the spread of information (much of it critical of the Witnesses). Witnesses are cautioned against creating JW-related websites, largely to prevent their members from discovering the history and dirty laundry of this organization on other websites.(There are literally hundreds of former members pages in many languages.)
The Watchtower strives hard to control the flow of information to the individual Witness, and prefers that all instruction come through the magazines they carry door-to-door. Without this form of control, even as they themselves admit, they would believe just the same as other Bible believers.
My hope is that there will be a day in each of their lives when the Watchtower magazine is no longer needed, and they can go to college, vote for office, and contribute money and time to other, more vital causes in their community. More than likely they will then cease to be persecuted, except in a few societies more authoritarian than their own.
Sincerely,
Danny Haszard
http://bloxster.net/JehovahWitness/
You are truly stupid. May Jehovah the True and Living God rebuke you

http://www.jw.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Classical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses 'seek God's Ki... 2 hr kjw51 193
New Kingdom Hall proves a big attraction in Hor... 9 hr The Real Karen 14
JW's convention set 10 hr The Real Karen 41
Jehovah's Witnesses to hold annual convention n... 20 hr pazuzu 204
Glen Ellyn board says no to Jehovah's Witnesses... Tue kjw51 16
Jehovah's Witnesses meet over prophecies (Jun '11) Sun Maravilla 139
Supreme Court Declares Jehovah's Witnesses Webs... Sun Nomi 16