Soul-searching needed by Roman Catholics

Dec 29, 2012 Full story: The Gleaner 92

THE RESULTS of the 2011 Population Census of Jamaica , released by the Statistical Institute of Jamaica on October 17, 2012, show that the Christian denominations which are members of the Jamaica Council of Churches declined in absolute numbers between 2001 and 2011.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#85 Jan 14, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Explains why you were thrown out. What a putz.
Actually your hateful comment confirms the logic of UNchained in firing the blind that are leading the blind!

Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#86 Jan 14, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you mind my asking you a question? Once, when we were having part of our house remodeled, we hired a contractor we'd used before and he was a JW. He talked to me a little about his religion (he wasn't pushy or anything) and explained that the end of the world or whatever you call it was going to happen during his(their) lifetime. Sadly, this man died from cancer only a few months later. He'd strongly believed he'd be part of this "end", so what happened?
He put his trust in false prophets who lied.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87 Jan 15, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually your hateful comment confirms the logic of UNchained in firing the blind that are leading the blind!
Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd
You are just about as ignorant as one could be.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#88 Jan 15, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just about as ignorant as one could be.
Thank you for sharing more than you have realized!

Have a nice evening!
joan

UK

#89 Jan 16, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>who are you talking to Joan, all I said was what the WT study articles all you have to do is go to your cd rom and view the many articles, food at the proper time!
i speak for the truth not u i m catholic ....
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

#90 Jan 16, 2013
Catholic/Protestant Mysticism.....

Those that teach the doctrine of the trinity (or 2 in 1). They claim that the Father is God, the Son is God and Holy Spirit is also God. Regardless whether it be the Trinity or 'Dualism'-- both are errant concepts that challenges God's Sovereignty.

Could this be the reason they label it a MYSTERY?

Luke 1:36 says: Mary and Elizabeth are cousins and that John is six months older than Jesus. This makes John and Jesus second cousins.

Luke 3:23 says: Jesus was thirty years old when he was baptised by John. Here's where the mystery begins. The Trinity teachers claim that Jesus is God. This immediately makes John Gods second cousin, and makes John six months older than God, and man would have been here 4000 years before God was born. This is ridiculous, but it gets even better, when you read Luke 3: 21,23, John had the unspeakable privilege, of baptising his Creator, who was his second cousin, before his Creator was born.

The trinity teachers say that the Holy Spirit is also God. So now get this....While John is standing there in the water, he sees God come down and sit on TOP of his own head. And this is not all, he gets to look at God. God is now either a bird, sitting on top of what looks like a man (or is it the other way around?) And then....he discovers that this God, bird man is a ventriloquist! While he stands there in disbelief, God tell a deliberate lie to the people that are watching. Obviously, he does not want the people to know that he is really God, so the throws his voice to make it appear like someone in heaven is speaking and saying, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." This is amazing! No wonder they call it a mystery. <wink>

Continued....
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

#91 Jan 16, 2013
Part two continued.....

While your at it, pass this on to your christian cleric, providing they embrace this dogma, and have him explain the following:

Matt. 26:39, RS: "Going a little farther he (Jesus Christ) fell on his face and prayed,'my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thous wilt."

(NOTE: If the Father and the Son were not distinct individuals, such a prayer would have been meaningless. Jesus would have been praying to himself, and his will would of necessity have been the Father's will.)

“You heard me say,‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. John 14-28 (NIV)

"what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,‘I am God’s Son’?" John 10:36 (NIV)

"Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah." Deut.6:4 (ASV)
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Deut. 6:4 (NIV)

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (KJB-Cambridge Ed.)

"But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Mark 13:32 (NASB)
[Note] IF Jesus the Son is God too, why wouldn't he know that day or hour of the culmination of this system.

The temptation of Jesus by Satan....

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor; 9 and he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me." 10 Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! for it is written, "Worship the Lord your God, and serve only him.' " 11 Then the devil left him, and suddenly angels came and waited on him." Matt. 4:8-11 (RSV)
[NOTE] IF Jesus were God, the Creator of all things, including the upstart, Satan the Devil -- he's telling God he will give him all the kingdoms of the world (that God created), if he would prostrate himself and due an act of worship -- Can you spell ABSURD,???

The Death of Christ....

"At the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Elo'i, Elo'i, la'ma sabach-tha'ni? which is being interpreted, My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?" Mark 15:34,AV

"It is indeed unfortunate with so many having their brains in "P" and common sense being evicted from the premises." D.C Longbow

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#92 Jan 16, 2013
Hard to disagree with you there SNAFU.. your scriptural references make sense.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#93 Jan 16, 2013
Michael2010 wrote:
Hard to disagree with you there SNAFU.. your scriptural references make sense.
This throws a big wrench in SNAFU's gears and locks them up...

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
John 1:1-2

The Word became flesh
and took up residence among us.
We observed His glory,
the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father,
full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

but about the Son:
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever
Hebrews 1:8

To those who have obtained a faith of equal privilege with ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:1

while we wait for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ. 14 He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to cleanse for Himself a special people, eager to do good works.
Titus 2:13-14

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#94 Jan 16, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
He put his trust in false prophets who lied.
I believe that! Thank you.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#95 Jan 16, 2013
S-N-A-F-U wrote:
Part two continued.....
While your at it, pass this on to your christian cleric, providing they embrace this dogma, and have him explain the following:
Matt. 26:39, RS: "Going a little farther he (Jesus Christ) fell on his face and prayed,'my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thous wilt."
(NOTE: If the Father and the Son were not distinct individuals, such a prayer would have been meaningless. Jesus would have been praying to himself, and his will would of necessity have been the Father's will.)
“You heard me say,‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. John 14-28 (NIV)
"what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,‘I am God’s Son’?" John 10:36 (NIV)
"Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah." Deut.6:4 (ASV)
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Deut. 6:4 (NIV)
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (KJB-Cambridge Ed.)
"But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Mark 13:32 (NASB)
[Note] IF Jesus the Son is God too, why wouldn't he know that day or hour of the culmination of this system.
The temptation of Jesus by Satan....
"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor; 9 and he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me." 10 Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! for it is written, "Worship the Lord your God, and serve only him.' " 11 Then the devil left him, and suddenly angels came and waited on him." Matt. 4:8-11 (RSV)
[NOTE] IF Jesus were God, the Creator of all things, including the upstart, Satan the Devil -- he's telling God he will give him all the kingdoms of the world (that God created), if he would prostrate himself and due an act of worship -- Can you spell ABSURD,???
The Death of Christ....
"At the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Elo'i, Elo'i, la'ma sabach-tha'ni? which is being interpreted, My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?" Mark 15:34,AV
"It is indeed unfortunate with so many having their brains in "P" and common sense being evicted from the premises." D.C Longbow
You are SO right. I see you're getting negative icons and I'll tell you why - a lot of these folks do not want to hear the truth.
little lamb

Australia

#96 Jan 17, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that! Thank you.
Men can prophesy falsely in Jehovah Gods NAME..and he punishes all who take his name in vain..That doesn't make " JEHOVAH" false..

Jehovah God is in fact the true God, and Jesus is his SON..whom he has sent to us, to listen carefully what JESUS has to say...not listen closely to what an organization says.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Classical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Azerbaijan, Jehovah's Witnesses Can Face Up ... 18 hr Maravilla 38
Nachito Herrera, Cuban Piano Virtuoso, Returns ... Sat Cuban Coffee 3
Music preview: Yo-Yo Ma finds ways to combine c... Feb 22 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Jehovah's Witness Evolution: 6 Key Events for C... Feb 22 Jace 13
Jehovah's Witness group sets up tent in Hawaii ... Feb 19 Nedoba 9
Robert Newman - The Mozart Myth (May '09) Feb 18 worried truth guy 295
Theater review: How to Succeed in Business With... Feb 18 no local movie th... 1
More from around the web