Witnesses prepare to move into new home

Witnesses prepare to move into new home

There are 37 comments on the Goole Today story from May 6, 2012, titled Witnesses prepare to move into new home. In it, Goole Today reports that:

MEMBERS of Goole area Jehovah's Witnesses are looking forward to moving into a new home as work moves on apace on a new 380,000 Kingdom Hall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Goole Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Christian Witness

Tulsa, OK

#24 May 11, 2012
The Watchtower never asks anyone for money, especially to support the work of Jehovah God.
Educated people know it takes money to keep things operating and are willing to support God's will.

It is God's will that the good news of Jesus, and the good news of the Kingdom be preached today to the most distant parts of this earth.

Which Jehovah's witnesses have accomplished, and we are waiting for the meek ones of this earth to take their stand for God's heavenly Government that will rule this earth in righteousness.
Revelation 22:15

Some people are not ready right this minute to make the truth their own, but unless you are dedicated and baptized you will have no share in this promised future of peace and happiness.
Psalm 37:11

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#25 May 11, 2012
Christian Witness wrote:
The Watchtower never asks anyone for money, especially to support the work of Jehovah God.
Educated people know it takes money to keep things operating and are willing to support God's will.
It is God's will that the good news of Jesus, and the good news of the Kingdom be preached today to the most distant parts of this earth.
Which Jehovah's witnesses have accomplished, and we are waiting for the meek ones of this earth to take their stand for God's heavenly Government that will rule this earth in righteousness.
Revelation 22:15
Some people are not ready right this minute to make the truth their own, but unless you are dedicated and baptized you will have no share in this promised future of peace and happiness.
Psalm 37:11
Are you really a JW? Have you never sit in on a Ministry School where they were asking for more money to do this or that? Have you never been present when they read the letters about how hard they are having it and that the brothers should feel obligated to help Jehovahs organization?

You are not preaching the Good News of the Kingdom, you are preaching the news of the organizaiton of Jehovahs witnesses. YOu never tell someone to come to Jesus for salvation, but to come to the KH for it. That is not what they bible says is it?

How do Jehovahs witnesses reach those in lands where it is forbidden to have a bible, where you will be put in prison for even having one in your home? How do you reach those people inside locked areas with guards at every entrance. You are not the only ones spreading Gods word to other parts of the land. Go here and see how they reach those who are unreachable.

http://www.persecution.com/parachute

Unless you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, you cannot share in the promises of a New Heavens and a New Earth. It is not a religion that is going to save you, only Jesus Christ whom Jehovah sent to save us.
Observer

Chambersburg, PA

#26 May 11, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
That certainly is a large mortgage for these few people to assume, especially in these difficult economic times. But...I guess the WTS desires more money.
I didn't read anything about any figure for a mortgage in this article. The figure given is the value of the building after it is constructed. The actual cost of the building will probably be far less than the final value because of the volunteer labor and excellent cost-saving methods developed and used by Jehovah's Witnesses.

In addition, it is customary for established congregations to donate funds to help build new Halls for congregations who need them. Our congregation has done this several times. There may have been initial donations for building costs from those who could afford to donate a large sum as well.

Jehovah's Witnesses know how to use material wealth to the full to get the kingdom good news proclaimed throughout the earth as Jesus commanded. Unselfish pooling of resources results in an equalizing, so that all who want to gather to be instructed by Jehovah have adequate facilities. People who love God above everything also love using their money and other resources to glorify Him, as this beautiful building will do.

The final mortgage on this building, after all gifts of money and labor have been applied, will be something the congregation can afford. This was all determined before the building began.

And the Watchtower Society does not "desire more money." They just use whatever Jehovah provides to do the work he wants done in this time of the end. No one can point to anyone who has been enriched by donations to the Watchtower Society. Every penny is used faithfully and discreetly to further the interests of God's Kingdom here on earth.

Also, there are no meetings where we are told how badly we are doing and how much we need to donate money, as the poster Karen describes. It is a core principle of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses not to beg for money or take up collections. We depend on Jehovah to provide without such methods. In the case of an anticipated project, the brothers might do an anonymous survey to see what funds are available within the congregation. This just involves asking us to write down on a piece of paper with no name what we could do to support the project. There is no pressure at any time or in any way.

If anyone is confused by the implications of wrongdoing by some of the posters, going to the local Kingdom Hall and seeing for yourself is the way to see what is true and what is not.
UNchained

Sevierville, TN

#27 May 11, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, there are no meetings where we are told how badly we are doing and how much we need to donate money, as the poster Karen describes.
*** yb06 p. 60 Worldwide Report ***

Saipan: On this island, the truth of God’s Kingdom deeply touched the heart of a woman named Helen. She was studying the Bible with the help of a missionary and wanted to show her appreciation for the things she was learning. At the conclusion of one study session, Helen handed the missionary a small cloth bag and said,“I don’t have much, but I would like to give this as a contribution to the preaching work.” Inside the bag was a beautiful pearl from her home island of Pohnpei. Helen suggested that the pearl be sold to provide a donation. The pearl was of excellent quality, and the owner of a jewelry store gladly bought it for $100. The money was handed to Helen so that she could decide how much to contribute, but she pushed the money away, saying,“Just put it all in the box.”

**********

This appreciative Bible Study showed her appreciation by donating her valuables.

Doesn't it warm your hearts to hear about faithful ones like Helen?

Surely Jehovah will bless this generous prospective servant.
Observer

Chambersburg, PA

#28 May 11, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
*** yb06 p. 60 Worldwide Report ***
Saipan: On this island, the truth of God’s Kingdom deeply touched the heart of a woman named Helen. She was studying the Bible with the help of a missionary and wanted to show her appreciation for the things she was learning. At the conclusion of one study session, Helen handed the missionary a small cloth bag and said,“I don’t have much, but I would like to give this as a contribution to the preaching work.” Inside the bag was a beautiful pearl from her home island of Pohnpei. Helen suggested that the pearl be sold to provide a donation. The pearl was of excellent quality, and the owner of a jewelry store gladly bought it for $100. The money was handed to Helen so that she could decide how much to contribute, but she pushed the money away, saying,“Just put it all in the box.”
**********
This appreciative Bible Study showed her appreciation by donating her valuables.
Doesn't it warm your hearts to hear about faithful ones like Helen?
Surely Jehovah will bless this generous prospective servant.
No one asked her for money, there was no meeting telling her how badly her money was needed. the article says:

"She was studying the Bible with the help of a missionary and wanted to show her appreciation for the things she was learning. At the conclusion of one study session, Helen handed the missionary a small cloth bag and said,'I don’t have much, but I would like to give this as a contribution to the preaching work.'"

She appreciated what she was receiving and wanted to help others receive the same good news she was receiving.

Jesus used a woman of similar appreciation as an example for Christians:

(Mark 12:41-44) 41 And he sat down with the treasury chests in view and began observing how the crowd was dropping money into the treasury chests; and many rich people were dropping in many coins. 42 Now a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins, which have very little value. 43 So he called his disciples to him and said to them:“Truly I say to YOU that this poor widow dropped in more than all those dropping money into the treasury chests; 44 for they all dropped in out of their surplus, but she, out of her want, dropped in all of what she had, her whole living.”

Since: Feb 07

RI

#29 May 11, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
No one asked her for money, there was no meeting telling her how badly her money was needed. the article says:
"She was studying the Bible with the help of a missionary and wanted to show her appreciation for the things she was learning. At the conclusion of one study session, Helen handed the missionary a small cloth bag and said,'I don’t have much, but I would like to give this as a contribution to the preaching work.'"
She appreciated what she was receiving and wanted to help others receive the same good news she was receiving.
Jesus used a woman of similar appreciation as an example for Christians:
(Mark 12:41-44) 41 And he sat down with the treasury chests in view and began observing how the crowd was dropping money into the treasury chests; and many rich people were dropping in many coins. 42 Now a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins, which have very little value. 43 So he called his disciples to him and said to them:“Truly I say to YOU that this poor widow dropped in more than all those dropping money into the treasury chests; 44 for they all dropped in out of their surplus, but she, out of her want, dropped in all of what she had, her whole living.”
This one went right over your head, didn't it? The supposed circumstances are not the important points here. What IS important to the WTS is getting the message out to the rest of the JWs that here is a woman with limited means who wasn't even a JW, but she appreciated the JWs SO MUCH that she gave $100 that she could ill afford.

The message is quite clear. If THIS woman, who was only a study, could give so much out of her limited means in order to aid the preaching work, then you stingy JWs should be ashamed that you don't cough up much more in contributions.

It was their not-so-subtle way to prod the JWs into giving more.

“GOD IS LOVE”

Since: Aug 09

WE ARE ALL ONE

#30 May 11, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
This one went right over your head, didn't it? The supposed circumstances are not the important points here. What IS important to the WTS is getting the message out to the rest of the JWs that here is a woman with limited means who wasn't even a JW, but she appreciated the JWs SO MUCH that she gave $100 that she could ill afford.
The message is quite clear. If THIS woman, who was only a study, could give so much out of her limited means in order to aid the preaching work, then you stingy JWs should be ashamed that you don't cough up much more in contributions.
It was their not-so-subtle way to prod the JWs into giving more.
Yes...we were always "being reminded" of how extremely generous different ones were....from little ones from impoverished families donating money from selling a chicken.... to adults of very little means reportedly turning over much of their income to the lucrative WTS publishing company.....so, which after our initial oohing and ahhing...the GBs message of why can't *I* donate MORE....hits us....just as this same tactic was (is) being used at the conventions when hard-working widows, a mother of eight kids or a severely handicapped older brother in a wheelchair is PIONEERING.....so why can't OTHERS living with much better circumstances...be pioneering too?
UNchained

Sevierville, TN

#31 May 11, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
This one went right over your head, didn't it? The supposed circumstances are not the important points here. What IS important to the WTS is getting the message out to the rest of the JWs that here is a woman with limited means who wasn't even a JW, but she appreciated the JWs SO MUCH that she gave $100 that she could ill afford.
The message is quite clear. If THIS woman, who was only a study, could give so much out of her limited means in order to aid the preaching work, then you stingy JWs should be ashamed that you don't cough up much more in contributions.
It was their not-so-subtle way to prod the JWs into giving more.
Bingo!

It went right over the JW's head.

Do you remember the one about the little JW boy in Nicaragua who had raised his pet chicken from the day it hatched?

When the chicken grew to maturity he took it to the local market and sold it for a dollar (in Nicaragua? Get real) and sent the dollar to the Watchtower Society.

There was hardly a dry eye in the audience the night that fairy tale was told by an elder during the Serve Us Meeting.

“GOD IS LOVE”

Since: Aug 09

WE ARE ALL ONE

#32 May 11, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!
It went right over the JW's head.
Do you remember the one about the little JW boy in Nicaragua who had raised his pet chicken from the day it hatched?
When the chicken grew to maturity he took it to the local market and sold it for a dollar (in Nicaragua? Get real) and sent the dollar to the Watchtower Society.
There was hardly a dry eye in the audience the night that fairy tale was told by an elder during the Serve Us Meeting.
Yes.....I mentioned this same "sure to be a tear-jerker" earlier in my previous post: "Yes...we were always "being reminded" of how extremely generous different ones were....from little ones from impoverished families donating money from selling a chicken....
Observer

Chambersburg, PA

#33 May 11, 2012
(Mark 12:41-44) 41 And he sat down with the treasury chests in view and began observing how the crowd was dropping money into the treasury chests; and many rich people were dropping in many coins. 42 Now a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins, which have very little value. 43 So he called his disciples to him and said to them:“Truly I say to YOU that this poor widow dropped in more than all those dropping money into the treasury chests; 44 for they all dropped in out of their surplus, but she, out of her want, dropped in all of what she had, her whole living.”

The point Jesus was making was how he and his Father appreciate a very small gift out of an appreciative heart more than a large monetary gift from someone who has much. Jesus obviously wasn't trying to extract large money gifts from anyone with that lesson.

When the faithful and discreet slave commends someone of little means for their giving a small gift, they are imitating Jesus Christ. Those who have little are built up, knowing that their small contributions are greatly appreciated by God.

What would make anyone take offense at seeing someone else commended for their giving?
UNchained

Sevierville, TN

#34 May 11, 2012
Observer wrote:
(Mark 12:41-44) 41 And he sat down with the treasury chests in view and began observing how the crowd was dropping money into the treasury chests; and many rich people were dropping in many coins. 42 Now a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins, which have very little value. 43 So he called his disciples to him and said to them:“Truly I say to YOU that this poor widow dropped in more than all those dropping money into the treasury chests; 44 for they all dropped in out of their surplus, but she, out of her want, dropped in all of what she had, her whole living.”
The point Jesus was making was how he and his Father appreciate a very small gift out of an appreciative heart more than a large monetary gift from someone who has much. Jesus obviously wasn't trying to extract large money gifts from anyone with that lesson.
When the faithful and discreet slave commends someone of little means for their giving a small gift, they are imitating Jesus Christ. Those who have little are built up, knowing that their small contributions are greatly appreciated by God.
What would make anyone take offense at seeing someone else commended for their giving?
JW's who can't give their "all" feel guilty because of the Watchtower's tricks.
Observer

Chambersburg, PA

#35 May 11, 2012
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
JW's who can't give their "all" feel guilty because of the Watchtower's tricks.
Someone else being commended shouldn't make you feel guilty. Jesus had no ulterior motive for commending the woman in the temple, and the faithful and discreet slave has no ulterior motive for imitating him.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#36 May 11, 2012
Observer wrote:
(Mark 12:41-44) 41 And he sat down with the treasury chests in view and began observing how the crowd was dropping money into the treasury chests; and many rich people were dropping in many coins. 42 Now a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins, which have very little value. 43 So he called his disciples to him and said to them:“Truly I say to YOU that this poor widow dropped in more than all those dropping money into the treasury chests; 44 for they all dropped in out of their surplus, but she, out of her want, dropped in all of what she had, her whole living.”
The point Jesus was making was how he and his Father appreciate a very small gift out of an appreciative heart more than a large monetary gift from someone who has much. Jesus obviously wasn't trying to extract large money gifts from anyone with that lesson.
When the faithful and discreet slave commends someone of little means for their giving a small gift, they are imitating Jesus Christ. Those who have little are built up, knowing that their small contributions are greatly appreciated by God.
What would make anyone take offense at seeing someone else commended for their giving?
No one is taking offense, and we've all been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt, so we know how the WTS sends these not-so-subtle messages to the rank and file to squeeze more out of them, be it time, money, or sweat equity.

Are you really that naive?

“GOD IS LOVE”

Since: Aug 09

WE ARE ALL ONE

#37 May 12, 2012
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is taking offense, and we've all been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt, so we know how the WTS sends these not-so-subtle messages to the rank and file to squeeze more out of them, be it time, money, or sweat equity.
Are you really that naive?
There is also the subtle(?) implantation in the JW reader's brain that their elitist and "we are so much more pious than anyone else is" being heralded yet again. If the idea was to show how these contributions were going to "further the worldwide preaching work"(TM).....why isn't the WTS ever showing the many loving and Christian efforts of Mother Theresa.....or where youngsters in various churches hold car-washes and lawn mowings to donate to victims of disasters while demonstrating their Christian principles of love and generosity?

With the publishing empire/religion that the WTS endorses, and with all the "non-profit" $$$ that this organization rakes in each year....then the public should be expecting to see an ongoing and consistent effort on the WTS part to give back to the communities they "preach" in.

Having raised a handicapped child when I was an active JW, I was astonished at the list of the vast amount of services the Catholic Charities fully paid for....and I was never asked what my religion was before these services were rendered. They were VERY helpful in so many ways when seeing to the needs of the family of a handicapped child....and these services (mostly child-related) went on until the 18th birthday. We were all so grateful and even as a JW...I looked at the Catholic church in a whole new way after that.

Seeing what those "other religions" are doing for others in need.....USING the impoverished ones to promote "giving to the WTS" is a rather tacky approach, to say the least.
UNchained

Sevierville, TN

#38 May 12, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone else being commended shouldn't make you feel guilty. Jesus had no ulterior motive for commending the woman in the temple, and the faithful and discreet slave has no ulterior motive for imitating him.
Many of us have disrobed that monkey and understand that your

so-called 'faithful and discreet slave' are evil apostates

who have shut the door to heaven in your face.

They are also reaping huge windfall profits from the labor of

gullible and naive people like you who think they speak for God.
Yecas

United States

#39 Aug 1, 2012
Why argue with apostates!!!!!

Since: Feb 07

RI

#40 Aug 2, 2012
Yecas wrote:
Why argue with apostates!!!!!
Very true. You just end up looking foolish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Classical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jehovah's Witnesses leak sheds light on child s... Fri AWESOME WISDOM 144
News Kingdom Hall labor of love (Jun '13) Feb 15 The Bible Student 55
News Leah Remini's A&E Series May Take on Jehovah's ... Feb 15 The Bible Student 241
News Jehovah's Witnesses child sexual abuse scandal Feb 5 Jehovah Delusion 1
News Hate campaign against Jehovah's Witnesses - why? (Aug '06) Feb 3 Zildjian 2,346
News $66M class action sex abuse suit filed against ... Jan 22 foolmeonce 105
News Report: Vornado among bidders in anticipated la... (Feb '16) Jan 21 Alank 355
More from around the web