Wantagh group seeks $28,000 refund for failed concert

Full story: Newsday

Organizers of a campaign to fund student sports and activities in the Wantagh school district acknowledged yesterday that they are seeking to recoup an estimated $28,000 used to finance a much-anticipated ...
Comments
21 - 36 of 36 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Susan B

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 30, 2008
 
I was at the Pathlighter concert last night. It was wonderful and fully attended. I met with the sponsers and and talked to alot of people and everyone was so happy wioth the entire thing. It was the best part of the Christmas Tree celebration and parade. Troy Kemp was there and was very attended to every detail of the show, roamed the crowd talking to many including myself and was a perfect example of the kind of concert promoter we need here on the island. After meeting him I am so sure that the Wantagh concert must have been a fluke or some other abnormality as the show last night was perfect.
Show me the MONEY

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Babs wrote:
<quoted text>
The union contributed a total of 20,000, which included 15,000 of professional devleopment funds and an additional 5,000 contribution.
professional "development" funds DO NOT come from the teacher's union.

Nothing like taking credit for other people's money.

AND a big additional 5000? what does that work out to? like 3 bucks a teacher?
astonished

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 30, 2008
 
Show me the MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
professional "development" funds DO NOT come from the teacher's union.
Nothing like taking credit for other people's money.
AND a big additional 5000? what does that work out to? like 3 bucks a teacher?
Your missing the point of what's going on in Wantagh. It is nothing like what happened in Plainedge. The parents drove the district's exorbitant budget increase with their demands for sports, sports, and more sports. The increase was to pay back the money they chose to borrow to build the new facilities. Then they refused to pay the bill, then they collected money, then they used some of the proceeds to fund evangelical concerts???

I'm sure the contributors loved to find out that their money went to that.
Jesus Saves

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 1, 2008
 
I am trying to figure out how the SOS mismanaged $28,000.00 of other people's money funding a concert that never took place.

Where I come from the people that lost the money have an obligation to make it right by paying it back.
Chris

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 4, 2008
 
Your email does not contain one fact. You are going to compromise Mary Hall's integrity because you think she didn't go to a car wash? The fact is SHE washed my car and handed me a flyer at a car wash. Here's another fact for you...she does not have any children in Elementary school, so if she was doing this for her own kids, why did they fund clubs and the music programs? Also it would have been a lot easier for her to send her kids to catholic school. This task was not easy. Yes..there are a handful of people that are heading the SOS, and Mary has always given credit where credit is due. Don't listen to false info given to you by ignorant people.
Respect the Badge

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 5, 2008
 
Chris wrote:
Your email does not contain one fact. You are going to compromise Mary Hall's integrity because you think she didn't go to a car wash? The fact is SHE washed my car and handed me a flyer at a car wash. Here's another fact for you...she does not have any children in Elementary school, so if she was doing this for her own kids, why did they fund clubs and the music programs? Also it would have been a lot easier for her to send her kids to catholic school. This task was not easy. Yes..there are a handful of people that are heading the SOS, and Mary has always given credit where credit is due. Don't listen to false info given to you by ignorant people.
)

WHERE is the MONEY FROM THE "CONCERT"?
)

LET'S DO AN AUDIT!! why not?
pissed

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 13, 2009
 
how about being one of the people that paid a lot of money for a ticket when others got in free...I've worked with the guy hes a shyster.
Cupcake

Berne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TO "PISSED"...
I too have worked with him and for you to think for one moment that he is a "shyster" you are wrong. And Im going out on a limb but Im 63% positive I know who this is...and you are out of line for writing this!!!! I cant believe that you would go online and try to damage someones reputation. I think that with the given situation of a recent incident you need to get the full story before you go judging as no one is perfect. I would hate to find out what you say behind my back when Im not around.
Now I will admit the situation of this last weekend was not the best...and there are many questions that need answers...but I think in all fairness you need to at least confront him instead of writing things online.
AND PLEASE....GET OVER THE INCIDENT IN LONG ISLAND...whats done is done. And if your still bitter about this then how can you partner with him on this new event????

He isnt perfect...but neither r we.

And as far as the "failed fundraising concert" there were situations that were unexpected that I think people dont realize so get your facts straight.
Cloaked

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Be careful Cupcake.. There are things that I personally know about this concert that would refute what you are saying. I do not want to post them here. I just hope there is some repentance
he lies

Hannibal, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Aug 6, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

This man is definitely quilty of taking advantage of people. I only wish I could come up with hard core evidence so that this man can get the punishment he deserves! Men like this give the music industry a bad name!!! I hate thinking I was ever affiliated with him.
anyone thinking of doing any sort of business event wise or other THINK CAREFULLY...he will take your money and run.
The Party Continues

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Aug 12, 2009
 
Did they get the money back?
still looking

Rising Fawn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

He definately took my money as well and "dropped off the face of the earth" it seems. He will have to answer for his actions! But he definately taught me a lesson...trust no one in the music business!
pathlighter vanished

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

still looking wrote:
He definately took my money as well and "dropped off the face of the earth" it seems. He will have to answer for his actions! But he definately taught me a lesson...trust no one in the music business!
I would not say that. I am involved in the music business and there are trustworthy people in it. You just need to be careful and not get starstruck. I did, trusted the wrong people and got burnt for it.
As far as Troy goes, He no longer has his myspace site or is website at pathlighter.info. I have not heard anything about him for a while now.
to cupcake

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 2, 2012
 
Dear Danielle,
In retrospect how does it feel to know that I am right? It is years later and you got BURNED by Troy. Maybe you should have listend to me. I got out before it was to late ... just in time to watch you take the blame for his "mistakes" Lastly, "cupcake" ... really?
~Alicia (no more mystery)
Cupcake wrote:
TO "PISSED"...
I too have worked with him and for you to think for one moment that he is a "shyster" you are wrong. And Im going out on a limb but Im 63% positive I know who this is...and you are out of line for writing this!!!! I cant believe that you would go online and try to damage someones reputation. I think that with the given situation of a recent incident you need to get the full story before you go judging as no one is perfect. I would hate to find out what you say behind my back when Im not around.
Now I will admit the situation of this last weekend was not the best...and there are many questions that need answers...but I think in all fairness you need to at least confront him instead of writing things online.AND PLEASE....GET OVER THE INCIDENT IN LONG ISLAND...whats done is done. And if your still bitter about this then how can you partner with him on this new event????
He isnt perfect...but neither r we.And as far as the "failed fundraising concert" there were situations that were unexpected that I think people dont realize so get your facts straight.
to cupcake

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 2, 2012
 
Cupcake and "he lies" are the same person!!!
hahaahahaha - that feels good.
he lies wrote:
This man is definitely quilty of taking advantage of people. I only wish I could come up with hard core evidence so that this man can get the punishment he deserves! Men like this give the music industry a bad name!!! I hate thinking I was ever affiliated with him.
anyone thinking of doing any sort of business event wise or other THINK CAREFULLY...he will take your money and run.
Regret

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 2, 2012
 
I too fell victim to a large Troy Kemp scam. He pocketed large amounts of my money and left his "employees" to clean up his mess. I have many stories of times I felt uneasy around him. I suppose he has been laying low in this area probably forging someone elses name on legal documents these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••