Maury Davis goes 'From Prison to Prie...

Maury Davis goes 'From Prison to Priesthood'

There are 446 comments on the Clarksville Leaf story from Mar 12, 2007, titled Maury Davis goes 'From Prison to Priesthood' . In it, Clarksville Leaf reports that:

When Maury Davis was 18, he was convicted of first-degree murder. While in prison, he found Jesus, and in 1991, he found himself preaching to 250 members of Cornerstone Church in Madison. via Clarksville Leaf

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clarksville Leaf.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
To He is a deceiver

Atlanta, GA

#452 Dec 29, 2012
Not forgiving someone is just as much of a sin as murder. The only person that Maury Davis has to ask to forgive him is the Lord. You forgiving him and making peace in your heart is up to you. This murder happened and it was horrific, but you not forgiving and bringing up more than 30 years later is just as much of a sin as the very murder itself.
Really

Charlotte, NC

#453 Dec 21, 2013
Seems to me he should be preaching the gospel in jail where he belongs. And he does owe the family of the innocent woman he killed. Justice has not been served. 8 years for slitting a woman's throat????
Steve Miller

Alcester, SD

#454 Jan 17, 2014
Jean Liles wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably shouldn't believe it, I don't. Mr Davis testifies that he contacted the family when he was released from prison and made resolution. This is simply not true. I am one of the two closest members of (her) family and we have not seen or heard a word ever from that man. No one in the family has ever spoken to him. We saw him first and last at his trial years ago when he was 18. That is all between him and God now. I could also be wrong but I don't believe my God recruits people in quite that way!!!
NOTE: You probably wouldn't like the Apostle Paul - he was a murderer himself. For the record, he wrote 2/3 of the New Test. after repenting of his sins and ignorance. I guess I read somewhere that when a person comes to Christ, he becomes a new creature in Christ. Old things pass away and all things become new. I for one am thankful for that.
Ben Jewstein

Murfreesboro, TN

#456 Jan 25, 2015
Know_n_Him wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds exactly like you're duped to me. You speak accusations out of ignorance and for some reason-hate.
I know the guy personally and I can attest he isn't the same hair trigger anger ANIMAL he was then. I don't believe he makes his own choices any more though. He is 100% controlled by a set of principles that seems to act as a auto-pilot crutch that directs all of his actions and words.

He is NOT some reformed angel with a new heart, at least I don't get that impression. But I DO get the impression that Hell would freeze over before he stepped outside of the principles he has adopted. They seem to govern him absolutely, and I imagine this odd mental adjustment, which seems to be permanent and immutable, is exactly what has prevented him from going into another murderous rage.
Wayout

Porterville, CA

#457 Mar 16, 2015
Why did GW Williams do this....aaaawwwwe

My Hope

Visalia, CA

#458 Mar 25, 2015
Great He Found Jesus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Since 2001, Trey Pearson's "Everyday Sunday" ha... Jun 4 Maggie Gallaghers... 4
News 'ISLAM - God Wants You Free' on Amazon Kindle Jun 3 The Proclaimer 4
News Methodist supporters of Israel divestment regro... May '16 Three Days 1
News German politicians suggest taxing Muslims to fi... May '16 The Prophet Smells 8
News Why Trump's rise does not spell the end for the... May '16 Observation 1
News Muslim theology faculties develop an - Islam fo... Apr '16 Vote UKIP 2
News Yes, Catholics may vote for Bernie Sanders Apr '16 Believer 2
More from around the web