Maury Davis goes 'From Prison to Priesthood'

Mar 12, 2007 Full story: Clarksville Leaf 443

When Maury Davis was 18, he was convicted of first-degree murder. While in prison, he found Jesus, and in 1991, he found himself preaching to 250 members of Cornerstone Church in Madison. via Clarksville Leaf

Full Story
P E from Nashville

United States

#431 Nov 16, 2010
OK so now it is working...good. I just wanted to say people, have we lost our way in this forum? We are suppose to be Christians, and I don't think all this name calling, and fussing and fighting is very spiritual.....myself included!! We should all be ashamed. If you like Pastor Davis, then go to his church...if you don't then go to another church! No big deal. But, I am sure we haven't been a very good example of Christians to others on this site. I am sorry for anything ugly or insulting I may have said on here. I wish you ALL a wonderful day!
Anonymous

United States

#433 Apr 20, 2011
Me and my boyfriend go to cornerstone and we love it. The people there are very nice and they really get you to sing and dance. I love maury davis I love that he just says what's on his mind and makes me laugh and everyone else. I'm the only one in my family to go to church they don't believe in going. I would invite anyone to go to this church. For someone who never went to church is learning everyday more about the bible. I'm so glad that my boyfriends daughter invited us to go to that church. We love it there. Sometimes bad things happen in your past but life goes on to beatter things.
Jeffrey Walling

Spring Hill, TN

#434 May 1, 2011
How can anybody listen to this man? He decapitated a 54 year old defenseless woman without giving a reason. He lied and said that it was hardcore drugs that made him do it yet police only found small amounts of marijuana in his apartment. also police stated that he had no symptoms of being a junkie as he had claimed. This woman who's head he nearly cut off was trying to show him a house her son was selling because Davis claimed that he was looking for a house to buy. Her hospitality was her only offense. He only served eight years for his crime because 1.) a fellow parishioner was on the Jury and had told Davis's attorney (who was also a member of Davis's church) that he would help in any way he could. and 2.) Texas had an overcrowding problem at the time and set him free. SHAME ON THEM! I think anyone who knows of the details of his crime and still follows him are the same nut jobs that follow Jim Jones and Charles Manson. Make no mistake about it! Cornerstone Church is cursed because the Devil himself is the Pastor.
Qwannubiantk

Hendersonville, TN

#435 May 20, 2011
Ruth wrote:
I attend Cornerstone Church. I received a bulletin concerning the election and information regarding BOTH candidates. The facts were printed and if the facts offend someone, that is a problem within themselves. Did your niece attend the service after the election??? Our wonderful pastor informed us and challenged us to pray for the new president elect everyday. get all the facts straight before you TRY to tear someone down. That also, is a sin!!! <quoted text>
I am so glad somebody finally sees through this. I am so disgusted at how this man is leading this church of so called believers. My oldest niece recently went to a evening service with her friend and came home so upset. Apparently, the church bulletin was stuffed with literature trashing Obama about ridiculous things. It's really insane how deep rooted ignorance and fear are. I pray the God's Will be done with this election. We are becoming a very stiff-necked people just as in the days of old and we know what happens with that. Maury Davis needs to take a step back and deal with those demons he has once more and stop trying to spread his poison.
Niece was there. Only received the literature against Obama. Not tearing anyone down. Just dealing with reality. There are more issues with Davis than this. Not every person who is forgiven from their sin is supposed to lead the flock. You my dear sister seem to be still young in the faith because your response is angry. Why are you taking my comment regarding Davis like it's a personal attack against you? Please make sure you are following our ONLY saviour.
Gregoreo

Nashville, TN

#436 May 28, 2011
Obama is Satan incarnate so I do not see why ole MAuRY isn't cowtowing to him, after all cursed is he above all cattle- as the Corneystone faithful go mooing behind his footsteps. Ashwipes.
Kellee R

United States

#437 Aug 17, 2011
My son was charged with 1st degree murder on Oct 29, 2009. He was barely 18. Of course my husband & I were (more) than devastated & were encouraged by several to contact Maury Davis for support. We did so, via telephone, & he was kind & humble. He agreed to meet with us in December, a couple wks before Christmas,@ a Starbucks. The meeting went fairly well. Was the first time we had ever met Davis. He spoke to us with understanding & somewhat explained his similiar situation, minus the gruesome details. He stated that he wished to be a part of our son's support system, & that he would "walk every step of the way" with him! HA! He visited our son, once, & that was only because I emailed him & "shamed" him into remembering his promise to us & our son. He also stated to us that he was going to have his own parents contact my husband & I, as they had once been in our situation & could help us through. That never happened! We're still waiting on those phone calls & Maury never returned to see our son, nor has he ever attempted to contact us to follow up with our son's case, etc... Our son has since been convicted of the crime & sentenced to 51 yrs in prison! Maury Davis is a fake & a fraud!! He never once offered to pray with us during our meeting with him! Red flag, right there!!!!
Pillbilly

Irving, TX

#438 Aug 19, 2011
Kellee R wrote:
My son was charged with 1st degree murder on Oct 29, 2009. He was barely 18. Of course my husband & I were (more) than devastated & were encouraged by several to contact Maury Davis for support. We did so, via telephone, & he was kind & humble. He agreed to meet with us in December, a couple wks before Christmas,@ a Starbucks. The meeting went fairly well. Was the first time we had ever met Davis. He spoke to us with understanding & somewhat explained his similiar situation, minus the gruesome details. He stated that he wished to be a part of our son's support system, & that he would "walk every step of the way" with him! HA! He visited our son, once, & that was only because I emailed him & "shamed" him into remembering his promise to us & our son. He also stated to us that he was going to have his own parents contact my husband & I, as they had once been in our situation & could help us through. That never happened! We're still waiting on those phone calls & Maury never returned to see our son, nor has he ever attempted to contact us to follow up with our son's case, etc... Our son has since been convicted of the crime & sentenced to 51 yrs in prison! Maury Davis is a fake & a fraud!! He never once offered to pray with us during our meeting with him! Red flag, right there!!!!
Sounds like you needed to do a little more parenting and a little less praying.
Kellee R

United States

#439 Aug 23, 2011
Pillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you needed to do a little more parenting and a little less praying.
. Ah, Yes... A Little More Parenting, Like Maury Davis' Parents Should Have Done??? And, You Say, "A Little Less Praying"? What Kind Of Idiot Moron Would Advise One To "Pray Less"?? You're Obviously A Non-Believer, Hence The Reason You're Probably A Die-Hard Maury Fan. I Pray You Find The Lord... & A New Church!
Pillbilly

Irving, TX

#440 Aug 29, 2011
Your son was charged with first degree murder as a teen....great job of parenting! You should be proud.
Kellee R

United States

#441 Sep 19, 2011
Pillbilly wrote:
Your son was charged with first degree murder as a teen....great job of parenting! You should be proud.
. And?? My husband & I don't blame ourselves for every wrong decision our kids make! We taught them right from wrong, loved them & support them, no matter what!!! "Pillbilly", you're an ignorant, uneducated redneck-catch a clue. This particular forum is NOT about me &/or my parenting skills; its about what a FAKE & FRAUD Maury Davis IS!!!!!
Pillbilly

United States

#442 Sep 19, 2011
I'm a Yankee with a college education so your attempts to insult me failed just as miserably as your attempt to raise a law abiding citizen.

I don't know this Maury character nor do I know if he is what you say he is. Nor do I care, but to see your hypocrisy here is truly disgusting.

What you write off as a "wrong decision" was murder that resulted in a family losing a loved one and a human losing their life. The very basic fundamental of what's right and wrong and you have no problem pushing the blame way from your obvious poor parenting and on to someone else.

You come here to ridicule a man for being a fake and a fraud! For not helping your murdering son....really? This is the apex of hypocrisy.

I'm not going to call someone I don't know ignorant or insult them personally. But I am going to judge people by their actions and your actions here are nothing less than vile.

Go look in the mirror, then think about the family of your sons victim, and maybe you'll think twice about throwing stones from your glass house.
Nashvillian

Nashville, TN

#443 Oct 27, 2011
I have attended Cornerstone 4 Saturdays since June with my family. Just to check it out, and see what it's all about. In the 4 visits, we had heard about Pastor Davis's past, but did not know the gruesome details until we researched it. Does the Pastor testify to exactly what he did that day? Otherwise, I think it is deceiving to not speak of the life he took, the woman he almost decapitated (according to detectives)who was a Sunday School teacher and a very innocent victim. I understand that he says he has repented and that all sins are forgiven under God's Grace, but I still think it is deceiving to not let the congregation know about what truly happened that day when he "snapped" and that those of us who would consider becoming members should be made aware of this prior to making a decision to join or even attend. It felt might strange to have ushers watching the crowd constantly and we did not feel comfortable about what we feel may be a deception. I will listen to his CD and see if I still feel the same way. I pray that Pastor Davis has in fact repented and that he considers including a prayer for the family and a mention of his victim in his testimony.
You Know Me

Knoxville, TN

#444 Oct 29, 2011
Kellee R wrote:
The fact that your son was convicted of murder is not Maury Davis' fault. Your anger at your son's conviction pours out into everything you do. Be mad, I would be mad, but your anger is at the wrong person. Your son committed a crime and for that he should serve his time. However, he does not need to pay for his crime in public persecution for the rest of his life. Let's hope and pray that people do not treat your son the way and others treat Maury Davis.
You Know Me

Knoxville, TN

#445 Oct 29, 2011
Nashvillian wrote:
I have attended Cornerstone 4 Saturdays since June with my family. Just to check it out, and see what it's all about. In the 4 visits, we had heard about Pastor Davis's past, but did not know the gruesome details until we researched it. Does the Pastor testify to exactly what he did that day? Otherwise, I think it is deceiving to not speak of the life he took, the woman he almost decapitated (according to detectives)who was a Sunday School teacher and a very innocent victim. I understand that he says he has repented and that all sins are forgiven under God's Grace, but I still think it is deceiving to not let the congregation know about what truly happened that day when he "snapped" and that those of us who would consider becoming members should be made aware of this prior to making a decision to join or even attend. It felt might strange to have ushers watching the crowd constantly and we did not feel comfortable about what we feel may be a deception. I will listen to his CD and see if I still feel the same way. I pray that Pastor Davis has in fact repented and that he considers including a prayer for the family and a mention of his victim in his testimony.
He is giving is testimony tonight and tomorrow. You can hear it in person. Also, the ushers are counting people, not "watching" people.
Doyle Petty

Nashville, TN

#446 Nov 20, 2011
I have read a question about a biker ministry at Cornerstone Church. Someone ask Maury about the origin of the motorcycle club and who was the first president. Ask him about Olive Branch International. Ask him what happened to that ministry. Ask him how it was formed and how it ended and why. By the way, don't expect the truth....it isn't in him!
He is a deceiver

Elk City, OK

#447 Nov 14, 2012
alison duffy wrote:
Has Rev. Davis made restitution to the surviving members of the deceased? If so what did he do for those individuals? i.e. apologize?, reimburse family members who buried their loved one?, provide monetary support the the children, widow? It seems to me that , if a person had commited murder and was truly reformed, that he would make restitution tom surviving family members or am I off base.. Was this done and if not why should I believe that Rev. Davis has truly repented.
As a family member of the woman he murdered, Jo Ella Liles, I can tell you that Maury Davis has never apologized to my family. As far as restitution, why would he. If one feels no remorse, which I truly believe he doesn't, why would he ever offer any kind of restitution. We would only like an open, honest apology and nothing more. Jesus Christ only forgives those that are TRULY sorry.
He is a deceiver

Elk City, OK

#448 Nov 14, 2012
Jeffrey Walling wrote:
How can anybody listen to this man? He decapitated a 54 year old defenseless woman without giving a reason. He lied and said that it was hardcore drugs that made him do it yet police only found small amounts of marijuana in his apartment. also police stated that he had no symptoms of being a junkie as he had claimed. This woman who's head he nearly cut off was trying to show him a house her son was selling because Davis claimed that he was looking for a house to buy. Her hospitality was her only offense. He only served eight years for his crime because 1.) a fellow parishioner was on the Jury and had told Davis's attorney (who was also a member of Davis's church) that he would help in any way he could. and 2.) Texas had an overcrowding problem at the time and set him free. SHAME ON THEM! I think anyone who knows of the details of his crime and still follows him are the same nut jobs that follow Jim Jones and Charles Manson. Make no mistake about it! Cornerstone Church is cursed because the Devil himself is the Pastor.
It was my family member Jo Ella Liles that Maury Davis murdered and I can tell you that this man has never once apologized to my family. Do we think he is truly sorry?? NOT ONE BIT.
He is a deceiver

Elk City, OK

#449 Nov 14, 2012
You Know Me wrote:
<quoted text>
He is giving is testimony tonight and tomorrow. You can hear it in person. Also, the ushers are counting people, not "watching" people.
TESTIMONY OF DECEIT. From a Family member of Jo Ella Liles.
He is a deceiver

Elk City, OK

#450 Nov 14, 2012
Nashvillian wrote:
From a family member of Jo Ella Liles. This man has never said he was sorry to any of us. I hope he is happy making his millions off the death of an innocent woman. BTW, he not only sliced her throat from ear to ear, he also bashed her head in with a paint can and severed her spinal cord. Then he cleaned up and went to lunch.
He is a deceiver

Elk City, OK

#451 Nov 14, 2012
jessie8229 wrote:
Me and my boyfriend go to cornerstone and we love it. The people there are very nice and they really get you to sing and dance. I love maury davis I love that he just says what's on his mind and makes me laugh and everyone else. I'm the only one in my family to go to church they don't believe in going. I would invite anyone to go to this church. For someone who never went to church is learning everyday more about the bible. I'm so glad that my boyfriends daughter invited us to go to that church. We love it there. Sometimes bad things happen in your past but life goes on to beatter things.
From a family member of Jo Ella Liles, the woman Maury Davis murdered in cold blood. My family and I are so glad that you love a man and attend his church where he makes millions benefiting from a horrific, and I mean HORRIFIC crime. I hope our Lord opens your eyes before it's to late. Maury Davis is a great liar and has never once apologized to my family for his crime. He truly has no remorse and never will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Popular Christian Singer Comes Out (Sep '08) Sep 14 trojwl 27
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... Sep 3 Thinking 8
World Class Rock-Blues Guitarist - GW Williams,... (Feb '14) Aug 31 Johny Zale 6
Evangelical Leaders Will Visit Israel To Show S... Aug 31 Uzi 4
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Smokey Robinson Enlists Mary J. Blige, John Leg... Aug '14 LLL 1
At church rally, community pours out support fo... Aug '14 Kammie Kaye King 1
•••
•••

Christian Music People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••