Maury Davis goes 'From Prison to Prie...

Maury Davis goes 'From Prison to Priesthood'

There are 446 comments on the Clarksville Leaf story from Mar 12, 2007, titled Maury Davis goes 'From Prison to Priesthood' . In it, Clarksville Leaf reports that:

When Maury Davis was 18, he was convicted of first-degree murder. While in prison, he found Jesus, and in 1991, he found himself preaching to 250 members of Cornerstone Church in Madison. via Clarksville Leaf

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clarksville Leaf.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
brenda lee

Summerton, SC

#1 May 16, 2007
i loved the cd i orderd bymaury davis i would like to know if there is a paper back book on it i have a nephew in a corr. inst.
Lisa Holland

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Jun 29, 2007
brenda lee wrote:
i loved the cd i orderd bymaury davis i would like to know if there is a paper back book on it i have a nephew in a corr. inst.
Brenda,
I am a member of Cornerstone Church in Madison, TN where Maury Davis is my Pastor. To the best of my knowledge, there is no book on his testimony. Have you got his "Prison to Priesthood" testimony on cd? You can go to his website and order any of the sermons and also listen to his testimony. Here is the link: www:MauryDavisMinistries.com I hope this information has been helpful to you.

God Bless you and your son. I will pray for you both.

Lisa Holland
Debbie

La Vergne, TN

#3 Oct 1, 2007
Wanted to know if Pastor Davis would ever consider a bikers ministry in his church or if he has one what is it?
Lisa Holland

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Jan 24, 2008
Hi Debbie,
I just happened across this after a long time of posting my last comment. I am no longer attending Cornerstone. Last November, someone from Cornerstone started a church in the Bell Forge Cinema in Antioch off Hickory Hollow exit. I believe this was the 6th church plant that Cornerstone had been a part of in 2-3 yrs. When Pastor Davis made the announcement, we were very excited. It was a prayer answered. Pastor Davis has been trying to surround the Nashville area with churches and my husband had been praying for 2 1/2 yrs. for someone from Cornerstone to begin one towards Smyrna, since we live there. We have been going since the first service in November 07. If you are looking for a church, we would love to have you. It is a small setting inside the theater. We meet on Sunday mornings at 9 for bible study and worship/service is at 10 a.m.

Now, to answer your question... I'm not sure if Cornerstone has what you specifically call a "bikers ministry". They do have a group of people that have bikes and they take off on trips together all the time. This may be something you would be interested in. No matter if you ride or not, Cornerstone would love to have you and welcome you with open arms. They are an awesome church! We attended there for 5 yrs. Pastor Davis is great and the people make you feel right at home.
Please, come and be a part of one of these great churches. Both of them would love to have you!
God bless you.
Lisa Holland
[email protected]
Please email me at that address.. I never remember to check this forum.
Avery

Mount Vernon, KY

#6 Apr 11, 2008
Dear Maury,
I loved your speech last night and I hope you give me a call about when you want me to come to Nashvill. I hope you had a good time last night.
Avery Bradshaw
Avery

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Apr 11, 2008
I am avery bradshaw I spoke with Maury on april the 10,2008.He is a great speaker and invited me to speak at his chirch.I would like for him to call me on that because I would love to do it.
Bob

New Orleans, LA

#8 Apr 11, 2008
Debbie wrote:
Wanted to know if Pastor Davis would ever consider a bikers ministry in his church or if he has one what is it?
Actually there is a motorcycle ministry at Cornerstone that meets every Friday evening from April through late Fall pending good weather. They meet at 6:30pm around the flag pole. Call the church if you have any questions!
alison duffy

Nashville, TN

#9 Aug 3, 2008
Has Rev. Davis made restitution to the surviving members of the deceased? If so what did he do for those individuals? i.e. apologize?, reimburse family members who buried their loved one?, provide monetary support the the children, widow? It seems to me that , if a person had commited murder and was truly reformed, that he would make restitution tom surviving family members or am I off base.. Was this done and if not why should I believe that Rev. Davis has truly repented.
Jenna Reemes

Nashville, TN

#10 Aug 6, 2008
I was at the testimony of Pastor Maury years ago when he spoke of having his Pastor call the family to see if they would like to meet with him to talk, ask questions, and make peace about the situation. He said that the family knew that the Pastor Davis had gotten saved, and thats all they needed to know. They were at peace, had moved on, and did not need to speak with him, as they trusted he was in good care with his Pastor (I believe his Pastor is from Texas). I'm sure if you called the church they could verify that I remember it all correctly.

How can you tell if he has repented? Is he bearing fruit? I would say so.
Craig

Newport News, VA

#11 Aug 24, 2008
Why would you "say so"? Because he has a large church?
molly savge

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Dear Maury Davis,
When I first attended CornerStone I was not a believer but when I walked out the doors of the church I was.Ive never found a church that I would like going to better than Coenerstone.When I walok into Cornerstone I feel like Im at home.Ever since I started going I have stopped doing drugs,drinking I replaced all that with taking care of my kids,working,attending Cornerstone.Im proud to say that every single service has influenced me greatly to change my life. I just wanted to say Thank You Maury Davis and members of Cornerstone.
molly savge

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Sep 19, 2008
Dear Maury Davis,
When I first attended CornerStone I was not a believer but when I walked out the doors of the church I was.Ive never found a church that I would like going to better than Coenerstone.When I walked into Cornerstone I feel like Im at home.Ever since I started going I have stopped doing drugs,drinking I replaced all that with taking care of my kids,working,attending Cornerstone.Im proud to say that every single service has influenced me greatly to change my life. I just wanted to say Thank You Maury Davis and members of Cornerstone.
LENETTE EVANS

United States

#14 Oct 1, 2008
Debbie wrote:
YES as a matter a fact Pastor Maury Davis does have a BIKERS MINISTRY at the church that meets every Thursday evening I believe. may want to call the church to get all the details.
LENETTE EVANS

United States

#15 Oct 1, 2008
Pastor MAury Davis, does have a BIKERS MINISTRY at Cornerstone Church that meets every thursday evening i believe. May want to call the church to get the details.
LENETTE EVANS

United States

#16 Oct 1, 2008
Molly....that is so awesome that how the Lord led you obviously to Cornerstone Church and where you were dynamically influenced by pastor Maury Davis's sermons and the Holy Spirit that rooted up inside of you and changed your life. Praise God. i hope one day you will be able to share your testimony with others. I have a street ministry and i work with alcoholics, drug addicts, battered women and children poor and homeless people ministering to them on the streets as well as providing clothes and food to them as well. Just plug into the church Molly and see where god wants to take you and use you and your children. God bless you. yes CORNERSTONE CHURCH, is an awesome and dynamic church!
LENETTE EVANS

United States

#17 Oct 1, 2008
alison duffy wrote:
Has Rev. Davis made restitution to the surviving members of the deceased? If so what did he do for those individuals? i.e. apologize?, reimburse family members who buried their loved one?, provide monetary support the the children, widow? It seems to me that , if a person had commited murder and was truly reformed, that he would make restitution tom surviving family members or am I off base.. Was this done and if not why should I believe that Rev. Davis has truly repented.
Allison Duffy.....I have known Pastor Maury Davis for 7 years and attending his church. First of all obviously you do not know Pastor Maury Davis because if you do you would know that this is a man that has deeply repented his sins of murder many, many long years ago for what he has done. The Lord has put a special calling on his life, and his ministry for many years. His sins our under the blood of Jesus and his slate is wiped clean and God has forgiven him completely. Perhaps really what it is that YOU have not forgiven Pastor Maury Davis and you have not repented your sins. If Jesus can forgive him of his past whay haven't you? If you are troubled by this perhaps you need to call the church and talk to PAstor Maury Davis. I guarantee you that Pastor Maury has paid dearly for what he has done and he has gone to this family and he has been forgiven by his heavenly father and has repented his sins so many years ago. DO NOT judge this awesome Pastor Maury Davis and bring up his past. Perhaps you need to focus on who he has been in Christ for many, many years and praise him for WHO HE REALLY IS which is a man of god who is saving souls and changing lives every Sunday!

Lenette Evans
Saving Souls Ministry
Nashville, TN
LENETTE EVANS

United States

#18 Oct 1, 2008
Craig wrote:
Why would you "say so"? Because he has a large church?
Craig....Please DO NOT judge Pastor Maury Davis. He has a large church because he is bearing fruit, saving souls and making a difference in many people's lives. He is a powerful, godly man and is anointed and his sins are a thing of his past with this murder ordeal. People...get a clue. When you come to know JESUS yourselves those who question his past. You will come to also know who Maury Davis is in the Lord and I can tell you this he is a GODLY MAN and is loved by so many people who know him well. I am one of them.

“Prostibuli eligantia”

Since: Apr 08

Arlington

#19 Oct 1, 2008
Believers are funny.
LENETTE EVANS

United States

#20 Oct 1, 2008
Pastor Maury Davis ROCKS! he is the best pastor in all of Nashville. He says it like it is and tells the truth. He holds nothing back. Bold, powerful and has a love for the Lord and his church family!
A great church and a lot of good people and great ministries and involvement for everyone. Kids and adults.
sandra branch

Nashville, TN

#21 Oct 12, 2008
Maury Davis, I just watched you this morning and saw your political message warning all those who listen to you to be afraid of what this country could become if the elections do not go the way you see fit. What are you afraid of? Is the message of love thrown out whenever convenient? Have you never met a "non-Christian" who lives a Christ-like life, believes in His message, understands that fundamentally He did not espouse your message of fear but of love... BUT is NOT a Christian. No one is to judge your past as a Murderer, but are you going to judge the billions who are condemned to Hell just because they have not even heard of Christ or they are of another faith?
Almost every other faith in its purest sense is based on an understanding of LOVE. Your message of fear and loathing is like every other religion gone bad.
There are MANY BILLIONS of people who are not CHRISTIAN, who do nothing but live out their lives, loving their childern and their family. THEY ARE NOT SPREADING A MESSAGE OF FEAR. THEY ARE NOT HARMING ANYONE INTENTIONALLY. THEY ARE NOT STARTING WARS. THEY ARE NOT INVADING ANOTHER COUNTRY AND THEN DEFINING WHAT THAT COUNTRY STANDS FOR.
I could go on and on, but in the end Maury Davis, you NEED JESUS to forgive you for your murder. There are many more who live and breathe BY JESUS'S MESSAGE and do not feel compelled to align themselves with hate mongers such as yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zach Williams Makes History as 'Old Church Choi... Aug '17 guest 1
News Actually, Eugene Peterson Does Not Support Same... Jul '17 Gremlin 11
News Best-selling author Eugene Peterson changes his... Jul '17 Xstain Spot Remover 3
News New Castle students joust over gay rights (Apr '07) Jul '17 Likeitis 791
News ADL: Southern Baptists did the right thing in c... Jun '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Katy Perry's bizarre childhood: 'We picketed Ma... (Apr '17) Jun '17 Pidheti 7
News Pence rallying GOP base in Iowa, where some coo... Jun '17 Putins Glock Holster 6
More from around the web