Chapman pleads guilty to DUI

Full story: The Tennessean

Christian singer Gary Chapman pleaded guilty to DUI today in a Nashville courtroom.
Comments
1 - 20 of 118 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
joaniek

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2007

C'mon Gary, stop, think, get back on track. Remember...Grace, Grace, Grace. Don't go backward any more....go forward. Find those from whom you can lean, and regain your direction, and purpose. We love you and your music. God does use you.
David

Tustin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

I love your voice and singing Mr. Chapman.

This news is quite disturbing....and reminds me when I read you and Amy Grant were on the rocks in the mid 1980's - and I attribute the alcohol/drugs to the rocky marriage.

Prayers are said for you for a recovery.
Tabitha

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2007

Gary you have an incredible voice and you have many, many gifts from God...Please Don't Give Up or Give IN!!!
Let God fight your battles and stop trying to do it yourself. Let Go and Let God!!
You have so much more to do for the Lord, that is why you are being fought so much!!
Jesus loves you so much, don't give in to condemnation!!
Your identity in thru HIM and not in this world!!
God Bless You and Your Family!!
brnagain

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

Tabitha, I couldn't have said it any better.

Truth is, Amy Grant would NOT be where she is today without Gary Chapman, who chose to remain in the background and let her have the spotlight. Her acclaimed producer Browne Bannister even admitted this in an interview given years ago. Gary pushed her to take risks with her voice, song styling, etc. He pushed her out of her comfort zone into world-wide celebrity.

Man, for once let's give credit where credit is due.

Gary come back ! We miss your immense talent that God gifted you with.
bgb6312

Oil City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2007

Prayers for Gary and God's strenghtening as he fights whatever demons he's battling. We all need forgiveness every minute of the day. None of us knows what happened in the Grant/Chapman marriage. Debatable but you may be right that Amy wouldn't be where she is today without Gary...but isn't that how a marriage is supposed to work??? You make the other person better. Don't think anyone is taking that away from Gary since her first song was written by him.....but we are all responsible for our own actions and the consequences of our choice.....and again we all need forgiveness every moment of everyday.
still3363

Bridgeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2007

Today I have the last word!!!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER
Christopher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2007

This is really shocking. I love gary's music. i hav several of his cds and they were some of the 1st things i put on my iPod. at least he is not doing like pacman jones. :):(
still3363

Bridgeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

This "baby needs to go to bed" too.

What d'ya'say?

The lesson here is...

DO NOT JUDGE, LEST YOU BE JUDGED!

love one another...as always....
sisbett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

Until one has walked in another's shoes, they cannot understand. Gary, you are loved by so many and have so many true friends. Satan is pre-occupying you with so many problems to keep you from doing what you love and ministering to the world and to God. You are annointed and have a calling upon your life. Don't let him keep you in his power another day. Gary, problems and tribulations are only TEMPORARY but your rewards in heaven are FOREVER. We love you.
Suzette

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

Remember you are a Man After God's Own Heart...He is stronger than anything holding you down.
adorableqt1

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Still. SHUT UP. You are really annoying.
still3363

Bridgeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2007

Is that so you can continue to annoy?

Who is slamming who here? I'm just trying to give you some manners your parents didn't!

Go e-mail Gary again! What response are you expecting?

cookie
still3363

Bridgeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

The Best is yet to come! MARK MY WORDS!
Phantom Ghost

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

People have been saying there will be books, behind the scene stories, the real deal, and
explanations of things seen and unseen. It's been 8 years and one article from Janis used to be Gill now married to someone else. Oddly enough, after she dumped her mother load in an article in the Tennessean while living in her
8,500 sq. foot home in Tennessee, she then seems to have disappeared.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are going to look at this one incident and say see see see she was justified in leaving.

Again, Gary needs to put a site up and he could have someone monitor it and keep the AG/VG cheerleaders off the site.

Interest has really waned in AG/VG. They are a boring team. Almost all newsgroups, fan sites, etc. are as boring as Velveeta cheese on white bread.

It won't be interesting again until the next time one of them FALLS in love with SOMEONE else
or one of them has some plastic surgery go
scarily awry, trying to stay young so they can keep on that stage, smiling, grinning and picking.
Charley horse

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

still3363 wrote:
Does Gary ever read this board? Or does anyone communicate with Gary?

Go to You Tube and watch how Under the Influence Stevie Ray Vaughan was, but he came through it, and then gave his testimony in many interviews and would stop songs while on stage to talk about the evil of substance abuse.

I remember his friend Tommy Shannon said he and Stevie got on their knees and prayed for intervention. It didn't happen immediately, but it did happen.

I remember Stevie got arrested in Houston, Tx.

I hope this is a serious wake-up call !!!

Charley horse

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2007

bump
Long Leggitie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2007

Is it still a full moon cuz I feel like barking and biting
Phantom Hourglass

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

still3363 wrote:
What do you think the BEST that is going to happen out of all this mess?
News Watcher

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

As a Christian, I find it disturbing that this guy has to turn to alcohol to drown his problems. I mean, the guy has a career that most people would love to have. He's probably made more money than most people on this forum, and he's supposed to have the Holy Spirit guiding him. He's also a role model of some sort, I suppose; at the very least, he is a semi-recognizable Christian public figure. So thanks, Gar, for giving the lost world one more reason not to think that Christianity makes a real difference in anyone's life. Real genius at work here....this makes the whole divorce from Amy Grant make some degree of sense.
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Whew...spoken like a true Christian yourself!

Did you know the Pharisee stood on street corners too, pointing and condeming anyone who didn't follow their ideology?

Why do you need Jesus anyhow?

Aren't you already perfect?

I suppose you home school too?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••