Oprah Praises Amy Grant's Second Marriage. Why?

Dec 3, 2007 Full story: Magic City Morning Star 125

Amy Grant has disappointed so many of us. It's not because we are legalists or judgmental. via Magic City Morning Star

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Phantom Ghost

Spring, TX

#1 Dec 20, 2007
Oprah did question the story in Amy's book that Amy related where she claims she and Vince were having a heart to heart a few years ago and that he said that he didn't always understand her but that he welcomed her.

Oprah asked, "Who says that?"

That's her little "True Love" insert in her book,
"Mosaic."

Oprah always sat there and let them tell the whole story of how he fell for her and then
wrote the song, "Whenever You Come Around" for her except he said it was a song about a Smile.
He claims he didn't really know her then, but Gary wrote that she came to him in 1994 and said she had given her heart to another man. She apparently stayed in her marriage until VG's wife ended their marriage after finding proof of more than a friendship. Once he was completely free, she made the decision to also leave her marriage, divorce and quickly remarry plus have one child with Vince.

Of course, they didn't have any of the five children come on stage and talk to any of them about what it has really been like since the divorce, remarriage, moving from Riverstone, having two different homes. It would be nice to hear from the kids. They are now 20,18, and 15, I believe. That seems old enough to speak for themselves.
Charley horse

Spring, TX

#2 Dec 23, 2007
bump
Charley horse

Spring, TX

#3 Dec 24, 2007
Now, someone using GC's sign-on claims the kids didn't enjoy the Oprah show. Did they not realize the cameras would be on them during the show?
What was their motivation for being in the audience at the show?

Did they know that "True Love" was going to be sung as well as "Whenever You Come Around" along with wedding footage of the two oldest looking so glum?

Oh, wow, my personal assistant just brought in the mail and one of the Christmas card is a picture of extended family x 6 in a black and white picture that truly looks like the Addams Family portrait. What were they thinking?

It's either an homage to Johnny Cash (all dressed in black)

And the story about "I Welcome You"...???

The more I KNOW, the less I UNDERSTAND, but I guess it's about FORGIVENESS...Can you ever forgive a betrayal that is so blatant?
Charley horse

Spring, TX

#4 Dec 24, 2007
Who thinks GChap is Gary Chapman? Who thinks it is the one who signs on as alphabet soup with all the letters in their name? Who thinks it is someone who had too much eggnog and said
WATCH THIS...!!!
ckbsjkk

AOL

#5 Dec 24, 2007
GChap is not me. You're the one who has multiple names on this board- you are you going to be next?
Do I think GChap is really Gary Chapman? Not unless he's moved to CA.
KatRita

Spring, TX

#6 Dec 28, 2007
I survived two hurricanes and it changed my perspective. If you are so concerned about
what someone types in a blank, then you are the one with too much time on their hands. I could care less how many sign ons you have. You can sign on as Queen B. for all I care.
Apparently, you don't have anything to say about why Oprah had them on since they didn't really discuss holiday traditions or how they blended their family. It was just footage of her outhouse interspersed with a book that would best serve as toilet paper for that outhouse except the pages are too slick and shiny, just like
you know who.
Phantom

Spring, TX

#7 Dec 28, 2007
My assistant calls her Amy Grunt. She does make some oddball facial expressions now that she can't even hit the notes she used to hit.
Why doesn't she retire, change her name to
Mrs. Gill, let Vince support everybody like he offered to do and be a real stay at home mom for the first time in her life?
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#8 Dec 28, 2007
Phantom,

Thanks for giving some life to these boards.

I never knew slander could be so fun. It's high-time too!

Did you get snow for Christmas? We got a bit 2 days beforehand. I like the way it covers up all the mud, slush, and junk cars some people insist on keeping parked in their yards.

We put a big "country" star at the highest point on our house this year. It's like a runway light or Control Tower. It sure beats looking at all the ugly satelite dishes and/or cell phone antennas.

Happy 2008, and please don't leave. All the Pharisees will return then!
Phantom Ghost

Spring, TX

#9 Dec 28, 2007
ckbsjkk wrote:
GChap is not me. You're the one who has multiple names on this board- you are you going to be next?
I didn't believe that was Gary Chapman.
It appeared to be someone bored and perhaps
taking in some libation over the holidays.

You still haven't explained why you have a different name for every board you post on when your personality and style of writing are immediately identifiable. Besides, you are still the only person left on the planet who believes things like "their wedding night was their wedding night." That is my all time favorite.
You claimed to know the first time they were together cowboying up and down honey all night long. That is something you COULD NOT know.

You established yourself as the lunatic fringe with comments like that.
Phantom of the Loft

Spring, TX

#10 Dec 29, 2007
still 3363 wrote:
Phantom,
Thanks for giving some life to these boards.
I never knew slander could be so fun. It's high-time too!
Did you get snow for Christmas? We got a bit 2 days beforehand. I like the way it covers up all the mud, slush, and junk cars some people insist on keeping parked in their yards.
We put a big "country" star at the highest point on our house this year. It's like a runway light or Control Tower. It sure beats looking at all the ugly satelite dishes and/or cell phone antennas.
Happy 2008, and please don't leave. All the Pharisees will return then!
I have been where there is snow many Christmases and I prefer the Winter Wonderland. Perhaps if we had had snow or went to where snow was, I would have been out skiing, snow boarding or throwing snowballs at the relatives. That's why I'm in a SNIT. No snow. E-mail me some!!!
I'm really not upset at all, just venting and sometimes you have to go OVERBOARD to get a response. Oh, man, am I button pusher too?
But, but I don't live in New Jersey, so how can that be?

So, Ohio, Colorado or Santa Fe next year. Where would you choose? Colorado and Santa Fe would have snow for sure. Ohio is a maybe.
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#11 Dec 29, 2007
Sante Fe?

NAAA....

Now everyone knows that, silly...
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#12 Dec 29, 2007
Ohio definately!!!

Colorado for sure!!!

Wish I still had my wings...

Unfortunately, I'm grounded in Yank-Land!
phantom

Spring, TX

#13 Dec 29, 2007
Taos or somewhere else in New Mexico? Others did not like Colorado.
Where then?

Bratenahl to experience the Lake Effect?

I don't think GChap in Breckenridge CO was the real Tejas57 either.
Why is he so underground these days?
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#14 Dec 29, 2007
Hey Phan!(HA! How's it feel to be called a fan?)

Just joking, of course.

I REALLY don't want to piss you off! HA!!!

Snow, as in the crest of the new fallen???

Maryland
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
New York
Pennsylvania
Colorado
Montana
Idaho
Wisconsin
et. etc.

Just having fun Phan!
phan

Spring, TX

#15 Dec 29, 2007
still 3363 wrote:
Hey Phan!(HA! How's it feel to be called a fan?)
Just joking, of course.
I REALLY don't want to piss you off! HA!!!
Snow, as in the crest of the new fallen???
Maryland
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
New York
Pennsylvania
Colorado
Montana
Idaho
Wisconsin
et. etc.
Just having fun Phan!
Wow! You are quick -phan it is

How about Germany or Europe? Think outside the U S A.

How did you dismantle the GC OFF site?
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#16 Dec 29, 2007
First questions first...

Phan (HAAAA!!!)

You are most welcomed to write to the below address, courtesy of the United Postal Service. No Demo tapes/Cd's/or IM's will be accepted and/or returned.

HA!!!!
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#17 Dec 29, 2007
Did I piss you off?

It was all in fun, or should I say Phun?
Phan_g

Spring, TX

#18 Dec 30, 2007
Nope, I am quite Happy!

I wasn't around when the Gary board went down.
Why are there Oprah boards, Official Sites
for "Sonny & Cher" (you're my first love,
you're my last) Famous last words.

Remember how Cher missed Sonny (in the end)
and he moved on had another family, didn't he,
while her life remained a train wreck.

They had Chastity and then she had a child
with G. Allman. Well, that turned out well,
huh? People used to comment how the other Sonny and Cher's daughter resembled Chastity.

MPD

Spring, TX

#19 Dec 31, 2007
ckbsjkk wrote:
Why does my MPD offend you? Maybe we all take turns posting from my computer like musical chairs.

FYI, I'm not Liza Jane, Friend of Gary or others on the Vinny board, but who cares? It is d e a d and b l o a t e d anyway.

The last posters were Liza and Father's Eyes

You're not there because no one would answer you. Perhaps you are Liza Jane and got tired of talking to yourself, hmm?
VampireEyes

Spring, TX

#20 Dec 31, 2007
ckbsjkk wrote:
There are plenty of posts to answer at the VinnyF board. Have at it. There's no one to disturb you. People have abandoned ship. It's a nas tee board anyway! Snippy posters with no sense of humor ruin it for those who do have a sense of humor.

To most people, VG and AG are either a joke or unimportant. Performers who have been married almost 10 years and have been together a lot longer than that don't usually French Kiss after every song. They are just sickening and fake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Popular Christian Singer Comes Out (Sep '08) Sep 14 trojwl 27
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... Sep 3 Thinking 8
World Class Rock-Blues Guitarist - GW Williams,... (Feb '14) Aug 31 Johny Zale 6
Evangelical Leaders Will Visit Israel To Show S... Aug 31 Uzi 4
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Smokey Robinson Enlists Mary J. Blige, John Leg... Aug '14 LLL 1
At church rally, community pours out support fo... Aug '14 Kammie Kaye King 1
•••
•••

Christian Music People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••