Jacques Brel alive again in Rogers Park

Jacques Brel alive again in Rogers Park

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 10, 2008, titled Jacques Brel alive again in Rogers Park. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Mention Jacques Brel and you summon up images of cabaret stools, turtlenecks, berets and pretentious chanteuses with bad French accents trying to get their lips around "Ne Me Quitte Pas." For that, we have to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

United States

#1 Jun 10, 2008
Brel was a singular talent. I am astounded this is here. CAN'T WAIT TO GO!!! Soundtrack CD, yes !?!?!?!?!?
Lena DonFranciso

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Aug 14, 2008
What a beautiful eve of Brel music! Kudos to this unique group of talent!
Dieter Kaiser Kernen Gy

Süd-victorbur, Germany

#3 Aug 22, 2008
I am glad to see that my favorite singer, poet and composer Jacques Brel is on stage again with your great musical revue. He deserves to be better known all over the world. I am a singer and translator of Brel's chansons (and other French composers and poets) into German language. I am in contact with Arnie Johnston for his brilliant English texts of Brel, because in some countries I also sing in English like 2006 and 2007 in southern Africa. He also liked my translations because I had the same principles for my work. Tell me when you come to Europe with your show. Regards, Dieter Kaiser, [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chanson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ara Gevorgyan's Songs To Tell World About Armen... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Mary joe 4
News Charles Aznavour to visit Armenia (May '13) May '13 Mary Joe 11
News Aznavour: I'll visit Turkey if it opens border ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 sariyerli neco 23
News Actor Rade Serbedzija and Son Danilo to Film WW... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Filip II Reincarn... 8
News How Armenia and Azerbaijan Wage War Through Eur... (Mar '12) Apr '12 OguzTolga 32
News Singer preserves Sephardic music | The Columbus... (Nov '09) Feb '12 Enzyte Bob 6
News Tigran Sargsyan: We Have The Strongest Army In ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 lambroni ardziv 1
More from around the web