Ireland: Australia is the land of ple...

Ireland: Australia is the land of plenty for the biggest wave of Irish emigrants in a generation

There are 21 comments on the guardian.co.uk story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Ireland: Australia is the land of plenty for the biggest wave of Irish emigrants in a generation. In it, guardian.co.uk reports that:

With unemployment in the Republic at 14%, thousands are taking up working holiday visas in search of a new life Down Under An Irish expatriate celebrates St Patrick's Day in Sydney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at guardian.co.uk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I dared

Woodside, Australia

#23 Mar 25, 2013
Outcast wrote:
There is also the western born asian individual who is not sure where she fits in this sorry landscape called topix.com . It's not clear where I would fit amongst the mystical foreigners and the refined westerners. Aren't stereotypes a b***h? It seems that topix.com is just full of sorry losers who have nothing to boast about than their questionable spelling/logic and clearly confused backgrounds. If you are so proud of your German culture, why are you living in Australia and so concerned about its immigrants (and IRISH not German immigrants)? Slumming it out, I suppose? I'm assuming that you may share many an ideal with the oh so charismatic Adolf Hitler but are you forgetting how he allied with Japan?
I havent forgotten and I like the Japanese. They are at least disciplined, hard workers. I cannot help you to find where you fit in as an Asian in a western socirty, sorry.

Why am I living in Australia? My G father was an Waffen SS Officer, he left Germany after the war and settled here. I was born here. I also support the White Race, nothing sinister about that, and Australia is in the majority still white and so am I, thank christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celtic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jazz LoungeJohn Fossitt returns to Rochester fo... Jun '17 TrumpDontCare 1
News Singer Jim Scott will perform at Unitarian Univ... (Feb '17) Apr '17 General Zod 42
News Go Fest: Dublin Irish Festival (Jul '09) Feb '17 Chad 4
News Brigadier David Alfrey, producer of the Royal E... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Ian McPherson 1
News US vice-president Joe Biden at Castlebar Golf C... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Nu Wor Order 10
News Events happening this week around the Valley (Apr '15) Apr '15 ApePeeD 1
News Paul Byrom, left, Ryan Kelly, Keith Harkin, Dam... (Nov '08) Dec '14 Julianned101 112
More from around the web