The Sad Return to the Bolivar Peninsula

The Sad Return to the Bolivar Peninsula

There are 2 comments on the Accuweather.com story from Oct 1, 2008, titled The Sad Return to the Bolivar Peninsula. In it, Accuweather.com reports that:

If you haven't seen the sad pictures and videos as people return to the Bolivar Peninsula, Texas, take a look.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Accuweather.com.

pat t

League City, TX

#1 Oct 11, 2008
house still stands though the area is real bad. i have some very good pics of the destruction, and was wondering who i may send them too.
Charles Earley

Roy, UT

#2 Oct 15, 2008
I went there last weekend to see my sister-in-laws place. The storm surge was so strong, it had taken a large chunk of the concrete around the pool and flipped it over.

The devastation was terrible. Cars washed hundreds of feet from homes that are no more. But there are some homes that did survive.

We were all out there a few days before the storm and had a great time. I have over 20 years of memories there, but she had many more. Her dad had bought the place as a fixer-upper in the early 1960's and had put a lot of work into it.

Although the loss is sad, she and her family are already talking about rebuilding. I know that the people of Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula will not be crushed by Ike.

We will mourn for those who perished in the storm, and then will will rebuild our communities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avantgarde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Welcome To Myrtle Manor TLC Series Premiere Dat... (Feb '13) Apr '13 kayla 13
News Residents along Bering Sea coast found Alaska w... (Dec '11) Feb '13 rdtree 2
The wolfman Feedback Technique (Feb '13) Feb '13 Georgia 1
News Exit interview: 23 Skidoo says goodbye to Ashev... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Good Riddance 1
News Snake Oil Medicine Show plays lively, "psychobi... (Apr '10) Aug '11 Geo Peo 10
News Evan Parker/Paul Dunmall Quartet at the Vortex,... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Emanem 1
News Evan Parker: House Full of Floors and SET (Sep '10) Sep '10 Emanem 1
More from around the web