Whoa! Can she ever talk!

Chatting with Laurie Anderson is a stream-of-consciousness experience. Ask a question and you'll get a story that rambles fascinatingly around before it eventually circles back to the original question. Full Story
holdyourhorses

Alto, NM

#1 Apr 7, 2008
Did anyone else spend 2+ hours being tourtured by Laurie Anderson Friday evening, April 4th at E.J. Thomas or was it just me? Granted she is 24 years older since I saw her for the first time at Oberlin College in 1984 but she could have been a bit more animated not just physically but musically, too. Though there were 2 or 3 well put "tongue in cheek" phrases at the beginning of the evening that forced the audience to think and laugh at themselves (what her preformance art used to be about)and her signature electronically produced "male" voice was a welcomed change of pace as she went on, the preformance as a whole was droll and monotinous. It wasn't music and wasn't art, it was more like a lecture on the degradation of our society. I could have stayed at home and got depressed watching the news channels...at least it would be free and I could turn it off. I wonder if she needs money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avantgarde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome To Myrtle Manor TLC Series Premiere Dat... (Feb '13) Apr '13 kayla 13
Residents along Bering Sea coast found Alaska w... (Dec '11) Feb '13 rdtree 2
The wolfman Feedback Technique (Feb '13) Feb '13 Georgia 1
Exit interview: 23 Skidoo says goodbye to Ashev... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Good Riddance 1
Snake Oil Medicine Show plays lively, "psychobi... (Apr '10) Aug '11 Geo Peo 10
Evan Parker/Paul Dunmall Quartet at the Vortex,... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Emanem 1
Evan Parker: House Full of Floors and SET (Sep '10) Sep '10 Emanem 1
More from around the web