Small town Missouri Paper upsets town...

Small town Missouri Paper upsets town over Cadet's graduation announcement

There are 6 comments on the Free Republic story from Sep 18, 2012, titled Small town Missouri Paper upsets town over Cadet's graduation announcement. In it, Free Republic reports that:

CaleB kIllIan graduates From u.s. marIne Corps Boot Camp the next laugh By truman Jones Caleb Killian, son of William H. and Donna Killian of Fredericktown, graduated from Marine Corps boot camp at MCRD, San Diego, CA on August 12, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

La Resistance

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Sep 18, 2012
even outsiders see the point!
Freedom of the Press

Columbia, MO

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Journalism has the right! Yes it does! The commander that abuses his command influence is always wrong! Our U.S. military has become an evil empire solders have sold their souls to the military way! Brain washing children into a nazi like mind set oblivious
of Christian values. Do you see that a lieutenant will command a soldier to do something and know that the soldier will die as a result does happen! What a LEMMING does is what our soldiers are. They have become sacrifices to the anti-Christ god of military.
So much of Fredericktown is corrupted with veteran usurpation. I know that VETERANS DO NOT GO TO HEAVEN and you must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. So the article of alternative soldier is a Christian soldier is entirely a contrast will eternal value!
Ryan

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Freedom of the Press wrote:
Journalism has the right! Yes it does! The commander that abuses his command influence is always wrong! Our U.S. military has become an evil empire solders have sold their souls to the military way! Brain washing children into a nazi like mind set oblivious
of Christian values. Do you see that a lieutenant will command a soldier to do something and know that the soldier will die as a result does happen! What a LEMMING does is what our soldiers are. They have become sacrifices to the anti-Christ god of military.
So much of Fredericktown is corrupted with veteran usurpation. I know that VETERANS DO NOT GO TO HEAVEN and you must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. So the article of alternative soldier is a Christian soldier is entirely a contrast will eternal value!
If it wasn't for our soldiers you wouldn't have the freedom to say what you just posted. If our soldiers hadn't fought the many wars that they have you would most likely be living in a country of oppression stripped of your freedoms. Thank god for our soldiers that risk their lives for our freedoms. You are a worthless and pathetic person, and I can assure you that our veterans do to go heaven.
Rebekah

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Sep 22, 2012
After hearing all the talk about this article I finally had the chance to read it.
I find it ABSOLUTLY APPALLING that this reporter would think that printing this is ok.
Yes we all wish there was no more fighting, war and death, but in a perfect world health care would be free and we would have transporters or vehicles that run on air and not have to rely on fossil fuels (or any other kind).
To reduce the courage these young people have displayed to fight for our RIGHT TO FREEDOM with her quips and off handed comments is SHAMEFUL.
I have never read the paper the article was published in before and I can honstly say I never will again.
She needs to apoligize to these SOLDIERS personally and in public as well as every other soldier (and thier families) who ever fought or died for our right to freedom.

I decided not to post this under my screen name because I feel everyone needs to let her know how we feel about her un- AMERICAN attitude!

Since: Sep 12

Campbellsville, KY

#5 Sep 22, 2012
The freedom that the soldiers fight for is the freedom of her saying what she did say. Perhaps you all just don't get what freedom means. Its NOT taking away from one and giving to another. In this case I believe the word better to use would be, respect!
Rebekah

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Sep 24, 2012
Kybobkat wrote:
The freedom that the soldiers fight for is the freedom of her saying what she did say. Perhaps you all just don't get what freedom means. Its NOT taking away from one and giving to another. In this case I believe the word better to use would be, respect!
I'm not saying she doesn't have the right to say it I said she should be ASHAMED that she said it.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missouri bill would limit transgender school ba... Feb '17 Fundie Watch 1
News Muslim Group Seeks $4M from Feds to Help Keep Y... (Oct '14) Feb '17 Chad 2
News Trevor Noah: 'Any leader tweeting policy is rid... Feb '17 TrumpAmerica 1
News Monitoring prescriptions Feb '17 Greg 14
News Milla Jovovich loves her 'gusband' Jan '17 Imprtnrd 5
News A lawmaker's solution for marriage debate: Remo... Dec '16 Xstain Fatwass Ce... 3
News Has Obama Passed His Baton To Merkel? Nov '16 YouDidntBuildThat 2
More from around the web