Most influential Muslims revealed
Full story: The Press Association
31 Billion as an estimate? Is that taking into account the drain on the health and welfare systems?
Influential and contribution, a thick boxer from Bolton, a guy who plays cricket, and a fella who owns a big corner shop in London.....Great.
Alhamd-ul-illah (all praise be to Allh)
What happened to the 80% of muslims that are poor and illiterate?
Since: Feb 07
All is forgiven...
00 — A New Beginning…
— A NEW BEGINNING HAS BEGUN F0R THE ISLAM F0RUM —
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
In the next coming years we will change the structure of the Islamic forum to a far better & organised site.
We all will benefit & learn more about Islam & Muslims, after all, a forum is meant to be educational.
So, get inside, shut up, hold on & enjoy.
— Here is a preview of what’s to come —
* What does Islam mean?
The Arabic word 'Islam' means submission & obedience & derives from a word meaning 'peace'. The basic belief of Islam is that there is only one God, whose name in the Arabic language is Allah & who is the sole & sovereign ruler of the universe. Islam is the 2nd most popular religion in the world with over a billion followers. It is more often thought of as a complete way of life rather than a religion. Islam began in Arabia & was revealed to humanity by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Those who follow Islam are called Muslims. Muslims believe that there is only one God, Allah.
* Muslims have 6 main beliefs.
1. Belief in Allah as the one & only God.
2. Belief in angels.
3. Belief in the holy books.
4. Belief in the Prophets.
5. Belief in the Day of Judgement.
6. Belief in Predestination.
* What is the holy book of Islam called?
The Muslim scripture is the Holy Quran.
The Quran is the unaltered word of God.
The Quran is a record of the exact words revealed by Allah through the Arch Angel Gabriel to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
* The Muslim building for communal worship is called a Mosque. Muslims often refer to the mosque by its Arabic name, Masjid. The word comes from the Arabic for "place of prostration". Very often Masjids have a domed roof & a tall tower called a minaret. Muslims are called to prayer from the minaret. The man who enters the minaret & calls them to prayer is called a muezzin. There are no pictures or statues in a Masjid. They are decorated with patterns & words from the Quran. There is also very little furniture inside because Muslims use prayer mats for prayer. When people go into the Masjid they take off their shoes. This is to keep it clean for prayer. There is often a fountain or pool, or at least an area with water where people can wash.
* Who is Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)?
Muhammad (PBUH) was born on 570 A.D. in the city of Mecca on the Arabian Peninsula. Muhammad (PBUH) is the last in a line of prophets that includes Moses, Abraham & Jesus. Muhammad (PBUH) proclaimed that the Quran is the last Book of God & that he himself was the last Prophet. Muhammad (PBUH) interpreted the words in his daily life. Therefore many of the things which Muhammad (PBUH) did & said were remembered & carefully recorded. The stories & sayings help Muslims to understand the Quran & put what it teaches into practice in their daily lives.
* What are the 5 Pillars of Islam?
These are 5 duties that every Muslim is obliged to perform. The 5 pillars of Islam help Muslims put their faith into action.
1. Shahadah: Declaration of faith "I bear witness that there is no god, but God; I bear witness that Muhammad is the prophet of God." By reciting this, one enters Islamic faith.
2. Salah: Prayer Muslims are required to pray 5 times a day, washing themselves before prayer & facing in the direction of Mecca while praying.
3. Zakat: Giving a fixed proportion to charity, Muslims are required to give away a percentage of their earnings to those less fortunate.
4. Saum: Fasting during the month of Ramadan Muslims fast for one lunar month each year, a period called Ramadan.
5. Hajj: Pilgrimage to Mecca If it is financially possible, Muslims are required to travel to Mecca once in their lifetime.
* What are the main Muslim Festivals?
Eid-ul-Fitr - The festival for the first day after Ramadan.
Eid-ul-Adha - The Festival of Sacrifice which occurs 70 days after Eid-al-Fitr.
— SUBHANALLAH —
— ALLAHUAKBAR —
Yusuf is the world's Jesus Christ and that is good news.
|Belmont takes first steps since rejoining Main ...||7 hr||Lucky Lucy||4|
|Boston, MA: Calling All Male A Cappella Vocali...||Apr '14||Cheryn Couter||1|
|The Chase Podcast||Mar '14||Walter Chase||1|
|Belmont buys waterfront property for new park||Mar '14||montycrossed||4|
|Illegal substance dumped in Belmont contains PCBs||Feb '14||Nature Lover||1|
|Millions Of Children Held Hostage By Psychiatri... (Dec '07)||Jan '14||Vaccines Cause ADHD||5|
|Belmont wants to clean trashed lot, but ownersh... (Jan '14)||Jan '14||Garibaldi Gary||4|