Now who's the greatest living country singer?

May 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

Following George Jones' death last week, his friend Larry Gatlin said, 'Three days ago, somebody became the best country singer alive.' But who can fill those shoes? Following George Jones' death last week, his friend Larry Gatlin said, "Three days ago, somebody became the best country singer alive." Country music hasn't had that debate for more ... (more)

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2014
shirley Beverly

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

there is no one thats good enough to be called the greatest living country singer no one and i do mean no one can ever fill his shoes
the ocean poet- barronpil

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

THERE IS NO ONE WHO HAS THE PIPES OF MERLE HAGGARD, HE COULD ALWAYS SING ANYTHING AND DO IT BETTER THAN ANYONE, IN THE DAY I WAS NOT A FAN OF COUNTRY MUSIC BUT WALKED INTO A MERLE SHOW TO FIND OUT WHY EVERYONE LOVED HIM SO, I WAS CONVERTED, I CONVENCED MY SON,INTO ROCK, LAST YEAR TO GO TO A HAGGARD SHOW, HE WAS STRICKEN WITH ALL THE TALENT, MERLE HAS A VOICE THAT COMES OUT OF A TUNNELL FROM HEAVEN,THEN I BOUGHT TIC FOR SEVERAL,NOT FANS,NOW THEY ARE FANS, I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO GO SEE MERLE,EVEN AT HIS OLD AGE, IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HIM LIVE, YOU DONT KNOW, TEENS WERE THERE AT HIS LAST SHOW,THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME-MERLE HAGGARD, THANKS BARRON PILGRIM.
the ocean poet- barronpil

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

shirley Beverly wrote:
there is no one thats good enough to be called the greatest living country singer no one and i do mean no one can ever fill his shoes
YOU ARE MISTAKEN OR HAVE NEVER SEEN THE HAG

Since: Mar 12

U.K

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Since: Mar 12

U.K

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

James Hand

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Gotta go with the Okie from Muskogee, though personally I fear with the direction of country music today that there will never be anyone who can fill the shoes of the Possum..not even Garth in his prime could, and Im a big Garth guy.
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Gene Watson has one helluva set of pipes.
jones fan

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

shirley Beverly wrote:
Couldn't agree more, Shirley Beverly! There will never be another voice to come close! Rest in peace, Possum!
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Ray Price
Greg Wible

Oklee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

OK you guys, there's a lot of GOOD singers out there, but as far as voice quality is concerned, vibrato and range, no other country singer comes close to Ray Price - 88 years old and still recording and performing! Listen to "Night Life", "Danny Boy", "Make the World go away" or any of the hundreds of great songs he has to his credit.
jaytee

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Willie Nelson

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••